Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Banana Boat
Tech Question about fuel tank vents. >

Tech Question about fuel tank vents.

Notices

Tech Question about fuel tank vents.

Old 05-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tech Question about fuel tank vents.

I have a tech. question for all of you guys. Should there be a check valve on the fuel tank breather lines? Luckly I have not filled up while on the water yet, but when I fill the tanks gas shoots out the tank vent before the auto shut-off on the nozzle clicks. If there is a part like this could someone let me know where to get one?

Thanks,
Adam
Old 05-08-2005, 06:56 AM
Registered

I only have one tank, but mine does the same thing...
Old 05-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Registered

Default Re: Tech Question about fuel tank vents.

There has to be some way of correcting this? At least I hope. I'm not an ECO-freak or anything but I don't think spilling a bunch of fuel out into the water is right. Especially in a lake. I know on Winni most everyone uses the lake for their water source in their houses. I'll have to look into this further and see if I can find something to remedy the problem. I think I'll move this over to the general section as well.

Any Ideas from the rest of the Banana Bunch?
Old 05-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There all like that. Its just a breather for the tank kind of like an Oil tanks in your home without the whistle. When your filling the tank if you put ear up to the vent exhaust you can here the fuel gurgling up. When you hear it stop the tank is full.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:08 AM
Registered

I slow the flow down when I'm getting close to topping off have now overflows at the pump you can hear the vent
Old 05-10-2005, 06:52 AM
Registered

Sure, put my ear up to the vent and listen. Or just wait till your ear is full and then you know the tank is! That sounds almost as good as holding a lighter up to the filler neck to see when its full.

But seriously look at the links below that people sent me from the general section. Someone makes a check valve that lets air go both ways but won't let fluid through. And someone else makes a suction on spill catcher.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...roductId=27008

http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/w...713132&afsrc=1

And Rick I gave your Bro a lead on a boat for you. But I wasn't sure of the area code on the phone number. The more I think about it, I think it was 617 not his NH number.

Last edited by fruitta55; 05-10-2005 at 08:14 AM.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Registered

I think Rick spent all of his money on snowmobiles?

I'm not sure what he is gonna do. He really likes a cosmetically challenged Banana that is on Cape Cod that is an I/O, but he hasn't seen it in person yet.

Unfortunately, now that I have bought my first race boat, my brother thinks he has a buffet of Banana's in his back yard to choose from...

My plan was for my brother to buy his pleasure Banana, I keep my current Banana and we restore my newly acquired race boat together and take one stop closer to god....

My brother has become the prodical son, the wayard Banana brother who has fallen off the path of holy Banana-ness...

He feels the Banana god has forsaken him....

HEAT BUZZ rest in peace......you *****....
Old 05-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Registered

What's he gonna do with a bunch of snowmobiles in the spring, summer, and fall? It's a shame when you end up with a rotten banana in the bunch.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Airdog: Maybe he has an interest in my boat?? I will of course be making a new one by the fall sometime so I'll be looking to unload mine then...
Old 05-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Registered

I think he would be very interested. He was looking to buy then anyway.

My brother and I had fun today.

Spoiled Banana (Hull #75) was on my new Aluminum Trailer and I wanted to switch it to Monkey Bizness (Hull #43), so Rick and I and a fellow pilot, dragged both boats to the local lake to switch them, only problem, neither one had a motor so we had to work quickly since they would both be slowly sinking.

You should have seen the handful of locals on the beach with fishing rods watching these two idiots dunking Bananas and driving up and down the ramp, yelling at eachother, hurry up, I think the green one is going fast...

My pilot friend said, "do you two guys know that your both kinda fu@ked in the head"?

Yep...

Quick Reply: Tech Question about fuel tank vents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.