Notices

Banana Boat 24 set up

Old 06-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by pasta
Spiderman! lol
Thanks Charlie.

ps. we are discussing the mounting/placement of the trim planes over here. I will use Dana 700 tabs.
What would you suggest I do with my boat?
1. Traditional placement, following the V?
2. Or an horizontal placement more narrow to the drive?

Boats by themselves are stupid......you have to trick them into believing what you want them to believe.

If you place the tabs on the Vee angle, the boat will believe that it really has a bottom that is longer.....and it will carry the higher speed in a more secure and stable manner.

However, if you really want to get every ounce of speed out of it, place them flat...BUT be ready to hold on to the wheel to stop any high speed chine walk.

When I was racing the big boat, the 38 footer, at the beginning of the race, before we got on plane, the boat would be so heavy with fuel....we carried 510 gallons.

We had to start by pushing the throttles up, the engines would roar and we would then start to rock the boat back and forth, side to side, way over on the side.

The boat would believe it was a flat bottom and actually start to lift up and start to plane on one of the sides of the Vee.....when it got moving fast enough, we would flip it right side up and take off.

Below is a photo of one of our old race boats built as a banana/coyote...Chaos. See how flat the side of the VEE is, now picture the boat laid over and using that as a bottomto get up.

BTW, we always ran the tabs on the same angle with the Vee on our race boats......we won more than our fair share of the races, you don't need that extra ounce of speed.....better to have control over the boat.....just my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-cm0052.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-cm0053.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-cm0033.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 06-11-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Boats by themselves are stupid......you have to trick them into believing what you want them to believe.

If you place the tabs on the Vee angle, the boat will believe that it really has a bottom that is longer.....and it will carry the higher speed in a more secure and stable manner.

However, if you really want to get every ounce of speed out of it, place them flat...BUT be ready to hold on to the wheel to stop any high speed chine walk.

When I was racing the big boat, the 38 footer, at the beginning of the race, before we got on plane, the boat would be so heavy with fuel....we carried 510 gallons.

We had to start by pushing the throttles up, the engines would roar and we would then start to rock the boat back and forth, side to side, way over on the side.

The boat would believe it was a flat bottom and actually start to lift up and start to plane on one of the sides of the Vee.....when it got moving fast enough, we would flip it right side up and take off.

Below is a photo of one of our old race boats built as a banana/coyote...Chaos. See how flat the side of the VEE is, now picture the boat laid over and using that as a bottomto get up.

BTW, we always ran the tabs on the same angle with the Vee on our race boats......we won more than our fair share of the races, you don't need that extra ounce of speed.....better to have control over the boat.....just my opinion.
Once again, thanks for you highly appreicate input on my boat!

Your "BTW" is spot on.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Registered

Hey Guys!
Some updates.
Stringers are now done. Minor things to do on them now.
Decided to move ahead in to the cabin and do the same thing once again.
Opened it up yesterday. Some, hopefully most of it, I will use again and glass over it.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-w1.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-w2.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-w4.jpg  

Banana Boat 24 set up-w_9.jpg  
Old 09-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Okay Pasta, .....you are coming up on your one year anniversary....you started this thread on October first of last year....2008.

You have done very well.... and we are all looking forward to your next progress report......we have visions of all of Sweden being coverd by snow from October to June....so we are afraid you will not get much done this wnter.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Registered

Pasta,

That things looks to be coming along great...great looking SPIDER...Hopefully we can both post some updated pics soon....I'm sure once done, it is going to look Awesome....Continue with the restoration, don't let up..

Good luck,
Joe
Old 09-16-2009, 05:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by joefitness123
Pasta,

That things looks to be coming along great...great looking SPIDER...Hopefully we can both post some updated pics soon....I'm sure once done, it is going to look Awesome....Continue with the restoration, don't let up..

Good luck,
Joe
Thanks Joe.
A pad on the shoulder is always good and appreciated.
I will up load some pics soon.
Nothing much, but something to proof that Im still, continuesly, working with the boat...
Old 09-16-2009, 05:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Okay Pasta, .....you are coming up on your one year anniversary....you started this thread on October first of last year....2008.

You have done very well.... and we are all looking forward to your next progress report......we have visions of all of Sweden being coverd by snow from October to June....so we are afraid you will not get much done this wnter.
Ooouch, time flyes...
Thanks for your comments and shown interest in my project.
Im happy to say I will work with the boat in a warm garage during winter time.
It will be frekin cold here. lol

All cabin is now sanded and done.
Cutting of the fiber glass is soon ended.
Then its just to find time to glass the hole thing... lol
Old 10-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Great build thread. keep the pics coming. looks real good.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by socalstone
Great build thread. keep the pics coming. looks real good.
Thanks.
I have been a bit busy but also real lazy...
The hunger is slowly coming back.
Will post new pics when I have made some progress.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Registered

Pasta,

Let's go, make it happen...When you own a Banana the Hunger never goes away......Get on it and finish the project off...Mine is almost there, should be out of the Acrylic shop by mid next week.......This might motivate you a bit...

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-banana-trailer-1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Banana Boat 24 set up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.