Banana Boat 24 set up

Notices

Banana Boat 24 set up

Old 10-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joefitness123
Pasta,

Let's go, make it happen...When you own a Banana the Hunger never goes away......Get on it and finish the project off...Mine is almost there, should be out of the Acrylic shop by mid next week.......This might motivate you a bit...

Joe
Hey Joe,
Thanks for the supportive push.
Im soon on my way again.

Yes, your boat is comming along real, real nice.
I have to say, I envy your speed!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Registered

Pasta,

Thanks, Just want to try and finish it off by the end of the year.This way I can enjoy some winter boating with her...Anyways, Today she got dropped off at the Acrylic shop...We will see the results soon....Engine is on the way to MONTY Racing for a quick look at.....Hopefully all is well...Keep on going and don't let up....

Thanks,
Joe
Old 11-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Registered

Even though Im slow I have done some work on the boat lately.

On theese two pics I have just filled some holes on the transom.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-l1030112_web6.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-l1030114_web5.jpg  
Old 11-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered

some more pics...
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-l103009186_web.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-l1030098_web16.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-l103009_web15.jpg  

Banana Boat 24 set up-l1030108_web8.jpg  
Old 11-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Registered

Finally some pics of the pre-work before glassing inside the cabin area.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-l1030119_web22.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-l1030118_web1.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-l1030117_web2.jpg  

Banana Boat 24 set up-l1030116_web3.jpg  
Old 11-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pasta
This weekend we test mounted the ITS and Bravo XR with Sportmaster lower.
Before we continue with the mounting of stringers and bulkheads we wanted to see if we need to re-do the transom.
According to my knowledge the prop shaft should be somewhere about 2" below, to 2" above, the keel.
Dont know if this is applicable on the Bananas though.

Anyway this is how it looks today if we dont re-do the transom.
The prop shaft is about 8 centimeters (same as 3") below the keel.
On these pics I still have the 1" spacer on the drive.
I plan to test this set up as a start and then we see if we should remove the spacer or not.

Any thoughts on this from you guys is much appreciated.
I know this is a older post but the tape measure is on the wrong side of the board its to be at the top of board to prop shaft . but after looking around this summer with no spacer if your at 3'' that might be perfect with the set back from box and notch on your boat. well I have my baja up for sale cheap as a project or I can finish it. I bought a CUSTOM BOAT LIKE BANANA ITS A SABER 28 and its wild its all decolite cord no plywood except half the transom is plywood. its cord everywhere top to bottom looks like my buds 46 skater and all glassed deck and hull I need to make a new motor hatch for the blower motor. I think cause its 5000lbs with a big block 100mph should be there. plus the strakes go all the way to the transom both sets must be extra lift which I need with the konrad ace we are setting drive at 3 or 3 1/2'' factory was 6 to 7'' no box set back.just waiting for motor. how is yours coming. mange did well with his arrow big block at 2'' but he was stepped. my buds 31 sutphen is perfect at 4 3/8'' no set back.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Registered

I hope you will take out the spacer and then set it at 3'', cause you should leave them out so you could add a few if needed, my buddy that works for konrad and said start with 3'' also owned HELLS BANANA twin small block blower motors he said it was the balls. art
Old 11-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I know this is a older post but the tape measure is on the wrong side of the board its to be at the top of board to prop shaft . but after looking around this summer with no spacer if your at 3'' that might be perfect with the set back from box and notch on your boat. well I have my baja up for sale cheap as a project or I can finish it. I bought a CUSTOM BOAT LIKE BANANA ITS A SABER 28 and its wild its all decolite cord no plywood except half the transom is plywood. its cord everywhere top to bottom looks like my buds 46 skater and all glassed deck and hull I need to make a new motor hatch for the blower motor. I think cause its 5000lbs with a big block 100mph should be there. plus the strakes go all the way to the transom both sets must be extra lift which I need with the konrad ace we are setting drive at 3 or 3 1/2'' factory was 6 to 7'' no box set back.just waiting for motor. how is yours coming. mange did well with his arrow big block at 2'' but he was stepped. my buds 31 sutphen is perfect at 4 3/8'' no set back.
Im not 100% sure that I understand what you mean regarding the height? Are you thinking, perhaps its not high enough?

I actaully think Manges height is about 6" high.
What that gives from the bottom vs. prop shaft I do not know? Is that the 2" you mention?

Cool, good luck on your new boat. How big engine are you going for?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pasta
Im not 100% sure that I understand what you mean regarding the height? Are you thinking, perhaps its not high enough?

I actaully think Manges height is about 6" high.
What that gives from the bottom vs. prop shaft I do not know? Is that the 2" you mention? keel to prop shaft = 3'' to 3 1/2'' is what I am shooting for its a X =17 1/2 to 18''

Cool, good luck on your new boat. How big engine are you going for? 572its been sitting a part until this fall should have it in 8 weeks.
the konrad has a box on it
Old 11-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Registered

Hi Guys,
Some more updates.
I was planning on cutting and fitting the fiber in the cabin area this weekend. This, so I can finalize the final glassing without any distubance when I get started...

However I ran out of fiber much earlier than expected.
This is as far as I got. Picture doesnt show all fiber though.

So after the cutting I sort of finalized the web...
It had some air bubbles in it. Some sanding and after that some more glassing. Now I feel I have to be "happy" with the end result. Sorry for bad quality of the picture.

I did some more minor glassing. Not worth showing with a picture though.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-ruffen-2_web.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-web-5_web-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Banana Boat 24 set up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.