Banana Boat 24 set up >

Banana Boat 24 set up

Notices

Banana Boat 24 set up

Old 01-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
I make it to the Netherlands every september, maybe I can shoot over there.

Ive been trying to find my post where I talked about my x dimension measurements.
Im remembering something like 4 inches below center but my memory fails me every now and then.

its high enough to where when getting on plane I blow the prop out but all I need to do is feather it back and I hook and go.

Yeah testing..... I think Ill pay bob Teague to show up with his truck full of props. sounds like a lot worse ways to spend a day huh?

UD
Nethlands is not too far away.
Yeah, I could definetly think of worse things to do than having Bob Teague over for testing props. Do you think he goes to Sweden as well? Ha ha ha.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
hey looks good if you go to the baja section look at pics of my boat theres 3 or 4 pics with a scoop that mrv8outboard jeb and I MADE we made it out of balsa and a pro stock scoop and Iam making a new one for the blower motor thats going in the saber 28 if it ever gets here. also theres more pics on second thread by me maybe 4 more. you could jump on that hatch and it weights like 30ibs .I think 3'' prop shaft will be fine with the notched transom height . I am doing the same with the konrad ace drive. art
Thanks.
Will go into the Baja section and have a look.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pasta
Thanks.
Will go into the Baja section and have a look.
I going to have to do the same on the saber it looks and will save old hatch for none blower motor.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Registered

Trim tabs was next on the "to do" list.
Had some great help from a good friend of mine on this.

Dana HP 750
Some preparing before drilling.
I choose to mount them 1" up on the transom.
Some wood on this boat was actually fresh. lol
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-post-219-1265575664.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-2.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-3.jpg  

Banana Boat 24 set up-4.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-5.jpg  
Old 02-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Registered

Sb side.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-6.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-7.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-8.jpg  

Banana Boat 24 set up-9.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-10.jpg  
Old 02-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered

inside, port side.
And the final result. Im satisfied with how it came out.
Remember Im just an amateur on this.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-11.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-12.jpg  
Old 02-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered

Hey Guys I need your help once again.
Thanks in advance.

I was aiming to get my hands on some Nordskog (Titan Series) gauges. Bet they would look great in my Banana!
Tried mailing them today and ended up at Haneline.
I got the answer back that Nordskog has ceased operations indefinitely.

Any suggestions what I could do / or to whom I could turn too as a last hope to get my hands on some Nordskog gauges?
Much appretiated.

I like the Titan series in all black.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-nordskog-instruments-catalog-4009_34b.jpg  
Old 03-29-2010, 02:59 AM
Registered

Some work has actually been done...
First some sanding and then some painting.
The goal is to put the lid/bed back on this week. I will "glue" this on top of the stringers and then glass it together from the upper side along the "cut". It should be solid.

Then i have some more paint job to do before its done.
I will there after get some profesional help to mount the locker back on. I will wait with the carpets etc.

After the cabin we move backwards and start with mid section of the boat. It to need some sanding and painting.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-cabin-before-paint-0.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-cabin-after-paint-0.jpg  
Old 03-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

1st excellent job def. class act pro. You better be proud of the work and time you have put in. 2. The gauges if you cant find thouse, use Automete they have a black faced set of gauges i have them on my Cafe. Plus the price is more then fair. Last i hope to pic up a 24 banana twin o/b 1st o/b race boat and keep the pics and updates comeing this was a great thread to read from start to finish (or to this point anyway)
-Mike
Old 03-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
1st excellent job def. class act pro. You better be proud of the work and time you have put in. 2. The gauges if you cant find thouse, use Automete they have a black faced set of gauges i have them on my Cafe. Plus the price is more then fair. Last i hope to pic up a 24 banana twin o/b 1st o/b race boat and keep the pics and updates comeing this was a great thread to read from start to finish (or to this point anyway)
-Mike
Many thanks for your kind comments.
With the help from you guys on this forum together with members of a Swedish forum I have had great help. Not to mention all the physical help I have had from friends working with the boat. Priceless!

Gaughes: funny, tonight, I have just decided on what I will buy. Wait and see.

Which Banana with twin o/b is it you refer to? I think there is 2 boats on craigslist right now. None of them has twins. I think??? Good luck with the pick up.

More pics will come duing this week I hope. Not the coolest one´s, but at least we are making progress with the boat again.

Quick Reply: Banana Boat 24 set up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.