Banana Boat 24 set up

Notices

Banana Boat 24 set up

Old 03-31-2009, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I almost forgot the engine.
It has now arrived.
Leak down shows between 5% - 8%. Not started or anything.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-post-219-1237825055.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-post-219-1237824879.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-post-219-1237824659.jpg  

Old 03-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Registered

wow, thats a nice performance setup !!!! I am drooling looking at the engine and drive setup !! nice !!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by pasta
Engine room stringers etc.
Pasta

I would double the engine stringers by putting two pieces back to back and glassing over them.

If you are looking for strength on the floor do a spider web pattern like we used back in the day. Is that what those tubes are on the floor for??

Remember to extend the glass up the sides of the boat about 3 or 4 inches to tie it all in.....over the stringer and over the floor and up the side of the boat

Last edited by Top Banana; 04-01-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Pasta

I would double the engine stringers by putting two pieces back to back and glassing over them.

If you are looking for strength on the floor do a spider web pattern like we used back in the day. Is that what those tubes are on the floor for??

Remember to extend the glass up the sides of the boat about 3 or 4 inches to tie it all in.....over the stringer and over the floor and up the side of the boat
First of all, I really appreciate that you help out. Thanks

Engine stringers looks perhaps a bit thinn on the pics.
The stringers are 2 pieces of wood put together.
Thickness 1,76". Not enough?

Looking for strength on the floor.
Yes this is why the tubes are on the floor.
I copied some Panteras.
I will look into your suggestion, spider web pattern.

Extend the glass up the sides.
Thanks for your comment.
Looks like I have some more grinding to do.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

I think your drive is to high at 3'' even with the 8''box. deep drive boats like mine was 7 to 71/2'', I am at 5'' with no box which is good for me. the 24 and 25 outlaws with a 12'' set back box run great at 4'' but 3'' to much slip. if you are stuck on three I would set it up at 3'' with no spacer, that way you can add one and be at 4'' and could add one more if you need to be at 5''. I am looking at a konrad ace set up which would be at 4'', but 1st must sell my new b1x drive,shortie,transom set up spare drive, hyd steering. to help cover the cost or I will just keep it and take it easy on the 1050hp. you should think about bringing the bulkhead in front of the motor all the way to the top of the gunnel, for strength, then you could cut out a 2' plate area to get at front of motor thats what I am doing and adding to in the cabin to stiffen up the boat to be a lite weight tank. set up looks good. good luck art
Old 04-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I think your drive is to high at 3'' even with the 8''box. deep drive boats like mine was 7 to 71/2'', I am at 5'' with no box which is good for me. the 24 and 25 outlaws with a 12'' set back box run great at 4'' but 3'' to much slip. if you are stuck on three I would set it up at 3'' with no spacer, that way you can add one and be at 4'' and could add one more if you need to be at 5''. I am looking at a konrad ace set up which would be at 4'', but 1st must sell my new b1x drive,shortie,transom set up spare drive, hyd steering. to help cover the cost or I will just keep it and take it easy on the 1050hp. you should think about bringing the bulkhead in front of the motor all the way to the top of the gunnel, for strength, then you could cut out a 2' plate area to get at front of motor thats what I am doing and adding to in the cabin to stiffen up the boat to be a lite weight tank. set up looks good. good luck art
Actually I cant move the transom down because of the notch. I will have to start from here and see how it works.

What boat are you working on?
Is it visible here on OSO?
Old 04-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Registered

Pasta
If you are looking for strength on the floor do a spider web pattern like we used back in the day.
Hey Charlie,
Do you have pics to post of a "spider web"?
I have tried to google it but havent found what im looking for.
Thanks
Old 04-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pasta
Actually I cant move the transom down because of the notch. I will have to start from here and see how it works.

What boat are you working on?
Is it visible here on OSO?
yeh I think its back 6 pages its under PICS OF MY BOAT in the baja section, I just bought a konrad ace drive set up it looks, and have my stuff listed for sale cheap, I am going for a 4'' deep off the keel it has a box 8'' and steering and is rated for 800hp HAVE SEEN LOTS MORE WITH NO TROUBLES, which is good for me the new motor has about 1050 to 1100hp to start and with race gas and pulley change will have more shooting for 110mph or more.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
yeh I think its back 6 pages its under PICS OF MY BOAT in the baja section, I just bought a konrad ace drive set up it looks, and have my stuff listed for sale cheap, I am going for a 4'' deep off the keel it has a box 8'' and steering and is rated for 800hp HAVE SEEN LOTS MORE WITH NO TROUBLES, which is good for me the new motor has about 1050 to 1100hp to start and with race gas and pulley change will have more shooting for 110mph or more.
It would be great to see a Banana 28 with Conrad set up.
I saw that you are discussing this with Charlie.
Any boat would be awesome with that set up!
I hope you go for a Banana. There is not enough of Bananas out there.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Registered

Pasta
Im not there just yet. However, Im on my way.
Some updates.

First a quick check of the bulkhead so far. Beneith the bulkhead I have 3 layers of glass fiber.
The lower part has already been covered with 3 layers of fiber and is now connected to the old parts.

Next step was meassuring the bulkhead and cutting the fiber.
4 more layers where cut out.

Voila. The bulkhead is now done.

Engine stringers were also attached at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-w1.motorrumsskott.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-w2.-glasfiberv%E4v.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-w3.motorrumsskott.jpg  

Banana Boat 24 set up-w5.5-motorumsskott-babord.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-w7motorumsskott-styrbord.jpg  

Quick Reply: Banana Boat 24 set up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.