Summer run for Bananas >

Summer run for Bananas

Notices

Summer run for Bananas

Old 05-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by shaun harrington
I have a feeling you might get crashed by quite a few outerlimits, if the date doesn't conflict with other poker runs!!!
Shaun....my feeling is all are welcome, BUT once the Outerlimits guys get thrashed by the overall top speed, of some of the single engine 24 foot Bananas, they may sulk away with their outdrives between their tabs.

LOL Everyone is welcome, the purpose of the day is an opportunity for people who love this sport and type of boating to get together and maybe explore some new boating areas they have never seen before.

We already have plans to include a run out to Block Island next year, so we see this thing just growing and growing and then maybe there might even be some interest in reviving some of the old courses that we raced on, like Gloucester and Plymouth and then Around Cape Cod events. Not as races, but just nice day cruises with a great lunch somewhere along the way.

These boats were meant for cruising long distance over real open water conditions, no reason to limit them now, just cause the pant jobs got fancier.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who may be coming??????

These Banana boats are local, so we are extending an invitation to them for sure.

Yellow 28 center console is in Massachusetts, with twin 200 HP outboards on a bracket.

24 outboard is in Rhode Island, with a 2nd owner from new and it has a single 250 HO outboard on a bracket.

The 24 foot yellow race boat....S 29..... has 3 outboards 2.5 vintage......a definite Outerlimits Killer
. We hope he comes too.

My old 33 footer is now in Massachusetts somewhere, if anyone knows the present owner, please pass the info on to him. It had twin 454 X 370 HP with TRS drives, back in the early 80's when I built it.

It was the first one we built and the new deck design was not ready yet, so I used one of JC Simon's decks that he used on the Coyote hulls.
Attached Thumbnails Summer run for Bananas-yellow-boat-2010-001.jpg   Summer run for Bananas-27-center-console-002.jpg   Summer run for Bananas-24-starboard-shot.jpg  

Summer run for Bananas-24-banana-w-triple-2.5-merc-outboards.jpg   Summer run for Bananas-banana-disc-046.jpg   Summer run for Bananas-banana-disc-246.jpg  

Summer run for Bananas-bushmills0015.jpg   Summer run for Bananas-bbc0008.jpg   Summer run for Bananas-bbc0010.jpg  

Summer run for Bananas-bbc0017.jpg  

Last edited by HORBA; 05-01-2016 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Registered

That 33 was a great running boat. I kept bottom paint on it as I used it a lot and always wanted it ready to go.

The dock photo shows my three boats at the time, inside was my 24 foot Banana, with a Stan Irwin Custom Engine 350 cu in small block, with a TRS drive / next out was the 33 you see here, botht he 24 and 33 were bottom painted. On the outside is the 38 foot Top Banana that I would put in for weekends sometimes.

We took the 38 Banana mold and blocked it at 34 feet. Banana built a boat we called a 33 foot out of it and Coyote built a 34 foot our of the same mold.

A lot of the race boats had both logos on them, Banana and Coyote.
Attached Thumbnails Summer run for Bananas-ban00003.jpg   Summer run for Bananas-banana-disc-040.jpg   Summer run for Bananas-banana-disc-262.jpg  

Summer run for Bananas-bushmills0037.jpg   Summer run for Bananas-banana-disc-045.jpg  
Old 05-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

What restaurant are you planning to hit in Fall River? The cove or tipsy seagull?
Old 05-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
What restaurant are you planning to hit in Fall River? The cove or tipsy seagull?
Not tipsy seagull...The one beyond the battleship Massachusetts and the Sub and PT Museum. It has a lot of dock space.

Sine we don't have any idea of numbers, we are planning for lots of dock space. I don't know the name of it, sorry. When I get back up north, I plan to take a trip by car over there and talk to the manager.

I know tipsy seagull docks plenty of boats for their summer run, but someone told me they move some of the regular docked customers out for the day.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

That's the cove. Nice place! That's great that the invite to anyone. We'll be there in a 42 ol.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JJ30
That's the cove. Nice place! That's great that the invite to anyone. We'll be there in a 42 ol.
No problem, there just seems to be a lot of interest from a lot of guys that just want to have a get together and enjoy each others company.

High performance boating started way back in the Miami area with a bunch of guys who enjoyed each others company and found any excuse to go boating with what ever boat they had. Sam Griffith who won the first offshore race with a deep vee boat was the organizer. Sam was the founder of such different boating happenings, like Pelican Harbor Yacht Club and the Gold Coast Marathon. The yacht club was the place where everyone hung around and the marathon, was a race from Pelican Harbor Yacht Club to Palm Beach and back on the Intercoastal. The largest fleet that raced was over 200 boats and had everything from Switzer wings to Boston Whalers.....Sam? oh yeah, he raced a three point hydro that did over 100.

So in the spirit of Sam Griffith, when I have an event, all are invited! You have an Outerlimts and I have a 40 year old 24 Banana and if anyone has a three point hydro out there....you are invited too. Look forward to seeing all my old friends and making new ones.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

Give me a call, I manage the marina, and maintain the boats there. I can set you up with Allison the events coordinator and she can get together anything you'd like
774 319 1006
Old 05-02-2016, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Give me a call, I manage the marina, and maintain the boats there. I can set you up with Allison the events coordinator and she can get together anything you'd like
774 319 1006
Thank you very much!
Old 05-02-2016, 09:48 AM
Registered

774 319 1006
There is a marina at the Cove?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.