Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Banana Boat
Summer run for Bananas >

Summer run for Bananas

Notices

Summer run for Bananas

Old 05-25-2016, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

Had lunch today at the Cove. The place has everything we need and more, plenty of docking space.

Beautiful view of the ...In The Water Naval Ship Museum.....everything from the battleship Massachusetts to various smaller craft down to a submarine.

Trying to schedule a meeting with the Events Coordinator at the Cove.

One of the questions they will be asking is ...How many people will be attending and on how many boats?

So if anyone who knows for sure that they are coming, please let me know. Thanks

More information to follow......
Old 05-26-2016, 07:46 AM
Registered

Shaun, how is our date of July 9th lining up with any other events?

How many Outerlimits? If Dan isn't working on Saturday the 9th, he can drop that beautiful 40 in the water.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Shaun, how is our date of July 9th lining up with any other events?

How many Outerlimits? If Dan isn't working on Saturday the 9th, he can drop that beautiful 40 in the water.
I think he is a little intimated by those single engine banana speeds!!! I hop to make it and drag a few boats along, if I can get a pass from my youngest daughter, it's her birthday! That being said she probably doesn't want us around !
Old 05-27-2016, 06:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shaun harrington
I think he is a little intimated by those single engine banana speeds!!! I hop to make it and drag a few boats along, if I can get a pass from my youngest daughter, it's her birthday! That being said she probably doesn't want us around !
Hey that is understandable, we have had to deal with that over the years. I spoke to some of the Banana guys that are coming and they all agreed for the sake of community, they won't run at full throttle.

Listen if your daughter comes, we can get her a cake and sing Happy Birthday, off key of course.

When you get a number that you think, let me know and I will meet with the restaurant and marina people.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe some day I will be talking to you about your "officiating skills" !!!!
Old 05-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by shaun harrington
Maybe some day I will be talking to you about your "officiating skills" !!!!
Happy to oblige! I am up for the summer..... until IBEX in Tampa in October and then.....Florida until next May. But I have been known to travel!!
Old 05-28-2016, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the latest on the restoration of Banana Split.

Engine room totally finished with new transom and stringers.

Outside of transom sealed and ready for new installation of engine and sterndrive.

So far we have a new deck, new bulkheads, new transom, new fuel tank, new cockpit interior, new paint and soon we will also have a new engine, sterndrive, prop, and trim tabs.

Reminds me of the man who loaned his neighbor an axe. A few years go by and the man asks the neighbor for the axe back.

Neighbor says, sure no problem, but of course over the years I have been really using the axe a lot and during that time, I had to replace both the head and the handle.
....But it is still your axe!!!

Well, we still have the hull that is totally original 1976 era...now 40 years later... 2016, it soon will be ready to go. Water test the week of June 10th.

I can drive these things.....but I still can't figure out how to post the photos right side up all the time!!
Attached Thumbnails Summer run for Bananas-banana-split-2016.jpg   Summer run for Bananas-img_0449.jpg   Summer run for Bananas-img_2088.jpg  

Last edited by HORBA; 05-28-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May have a nice restored 24 from the Newport area join us.
Attached Thumbnails Summer run for Bananas-banana-boat-restore-middletown-ri.jpg  
Old 06-11-2016, 07:15 AM
Registered

Well the final water test was done yesterday in Sarasota with my son aboard along with some Innovation technicians. The boat with the new engine and drive is awesome. It feels much lighter than the old setup and even with a very conservative X dimension, seems to be able to run faster than even the big block was capable of.

It has gone back to the east coast for some final modifications and a another water test with Bobby Saccenti and then a few special tweaks and then it comes home........Born in Rhode Island 40 years ago. This boat was laid up in Bristol in the same glass shop building that a few years later, a new company was started there...Outerlimits.

July 9th is the day for the fun run, hope to have many old and new friends join us for a great cruise and a great lunch at the Cove restaurant in Fall River. Run starts in Warwick at the state ramp in Oaklnad Beach.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Charlie,
I'm trying to get 2 33 Sutphens, a 31 (McCoy's), and a 26 OB RumRunner to join me in the trek from CT for the run. If Sewfast and T-mone see this, Steve, too. Chime in. A CT Sutphen caravan up 95 would be wicked pissah!
C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.