Notices

Trick Marine whats the deal?????????

Old 11-28-2007, 08:43 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 125 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Nice Try but don't you dare pile on Heath

He was an employee, and he had nothing to do with Trick Marines demise, nor did he represent Fred Cecil.
He was paid by Trick to do his job and that is what he did

Trying to find fault with somone surounding the issue is wrong in so many ways
Your posting as a "protective" Father.....I'm relaying the SAME message as someone who has never met you or Heath.

I first bit(hed about Trick Marine a year ago. There had only been a couple dis-satisfied threads about them at the time......I got blasted for claiming there were issues at Trick. Even had a couple people send me PM's asking me to be quiet and stop comnplaining about Trick. No way in He!! Heath was going to come on here and tell anyone any differently 1 1/2 years ago!!! He did what was right....he left, his obligations go no further without putting himself in jepardy. If the "mob" had listened to the other dozen+ threads/posts from members claiming problems then this wouldn't have happened either...does that mean those dozen+ members are now liable too? Everybody wants something for free (or at least cheap). Someone already stated they figured they buy the parts cheap while he could still take advantage of below cost pricing! (I'm not claiming it is wrong, just that we already knew what was going on long ago)
Old 11-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

He was an employee, and he had nothing to do with Trick Marines demise, nor did he represent Fred Cecil.

Heath is what 21 yrs old? The kid ended up moving away from everthing he knew and buy's a house thinking its the right thing to do,how many people have done that at his age? I would also have to think he had some pretty good parental guidance to get that far so soon.He's obviously smart enough to have understood the situation and then figured out a way to get out. Now we are going to lynch him?Get real people.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Registered

Agree 1000%

All of the armchair quarterbacks on here have a pretty comfortable chair to call the shots from.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
I am not blaming Heath for Fred's business practices but Heath, by his own words here on OSO in the Racheal is dead thread was deeply involved and invested alot of time and effort in "OUTING" Big Scotty as a thief. He obviously didn't fear being sued then. That act alone helped secure Fred's credibility here on the board. Who would question a guy who had an employee working on paid time, costing him money, to reveal someone who was trying to steal from board members.

Heath, by his own words here KNEW what Fred was doing. Not speaking up about what he knew to be fact would be considered accessory to the fact in court and I hope for his sake, Fred doesn't go down grabbing anyone he can on the way to help save himself.
I would recommend Heath have a lawyer at the ready and be prepared to offer evidence against Fred if the crap collides with the air moving device. By his own posted words, Heath has directly associated himself with Trick Marine and it's owners dealings.

Do you think that Fred's lawyers, which he will surely need soon and and prosecution lawyers won't read this thread?

On the other hand,

Imagine just how many people he could have saved from Fred's crooked dealings if he had posted EXACTLY what he did yesterday 2 years ago. Sometimes its not what you do that is wrong, its what you don't do.
I still don't think you've thought that scenario all the way through.

Let's say Heath left Trick, and right after posted exactly what he just did.

All Trick would have had to do is say that it was an ex-employee that is disgruntled, and Heath loses all credibility and the thread gets deleted.

It's been said many times that multiple threads were deleted regarding Trick. What I'd love to know is if OSO could pull them back. Usually forum databases have a delete flag, not a preferment delete.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Tony you are missing the point. Had he come on hear and said Fred runs his business horibly, his son is a coke head and his wife is a drunk, then he would have been flamed HUGE. If he had come on hear and said Trick Marine is horible then people say oh you are just a bitter X employeee. There were MANY posts on OSO that warned people. I know I had one up there and Fred ripped into me big time.
Agree 100%. From a newbie perspective, it's kinda disturbing to see how some folks on here pile it on others for voicing an opinion. I joined this site a couple months ago, but was lurking about for a couple months before that while I decided if I wanted to venture into this sport. When I decided to commit to it, I paid my dues to become a member. All of my posts to date have been seeking info/advice rather than providing, simply because I'm still learning.

One observation I've noted is that some on here get very emotionally invested in "X company" or "B company" to the point that any negative input is seen as a "personal" attack. People are human and loyalty to a vendor that has done you right is both natural and usually the result of a good business model. However one thing I've learned in my years in law enforcement is that if someone is too emotionally invested in a particular outcome, there is bias. Once there's bias, credibility begins to plummet.

To the mega-count posters: Don't forget that there are newbies wandering onto this site every day with little to no knowledge of this sport looking to learn. Free flow of information, provided it's accurate, relavant or at least provided in good faith, is the purpose of boards like this. I find it sad that so many people seem to have been screwed by someone they thought was a friend. I've been there and it burns. Somtimes pain teaches the best lessons.

The general consensus is that the storm clouds were on the horizon for quite some time but people were either too afraid to post it or got slammed/flamed for doing so. That type of of heavy-handed blind loyalty, if allowed to prosper in the future could eventually seriously impair the integrity of this forum, and THAT would really $uck.

Just a newbies .02 worth.....now let's see if I overstepped my bounds.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, after all the dust settles I hope we can start a thread to lay out how we go on from here, thats the BIG issue. Using OSO as a business reference tool is about as useful as using last years Wall Street Journal to pick stocks. When I came to OSO I watched carefully for a while before spending my money. When it came time to throw down some cash I was taking a gamble and lost [My logic was interesting - I went against the OSO flow because most of the posters that knew the guy came across as complete a$$holes]. Many lessons learned since then too. I had trouble with Trick a year ago and posted as such in a thread that still exists.

My current method of investigating businesses in this industry is to go to all the boating websites I can find and search everywhere for info. If I see ANY negative posts I don't use that business. Will business that are reputable lose out? Maybe so.....

So I ask the question: Going FORWARD, how are we gonna fix this?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Registered

Let's back up a minute here...
You mean to tell me that Posts were made on OSO by paying and non paying members about their dealings with Trick and they got deleted???
By whom?

Last edited by Back4More; 11-28-2007 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
he had some pretty good parental guidance to get that far so soon.He's obviously smart enough to have understood the situation and then figured out a way to get out. Now we are going to lynch him?Get real people.
I know Marc, as many of you do. I haven't met his son, but you surely must applaud Heath's adventuresome spirit at his age to do what he did, (compare that with many of today's youth).I would bet his dad was there through all of his ups and downs.
I've been through some incredibly bad employment situations, and let me assure you, in most cases you do not feel at liberty to speak up publicly about issues. This young man was a long way from home away from family, and going out onto an internet board about what was going on was probably the furthest thing from his mind.
This board put an awful lot of effort into defending Fred in the past. Maybe at this point it would it would be proper to channel some of the power of the OSO board towards defending Heath, his dad, and the good sense that was shown in getting out of a bad situation and back into what I'm sure is a better one back home in Michigan (except for the difference in weather, of course).
Old 11-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Registered

Things I have learned from this thread.

1. Post count, in and of itself, means nothing. Having 4,000 stupid opinions doesn't make you smart or wise.

2. Paying for a membership doesn't increase/decrease your credibility (From the home page: "When ready, you can register (FREE) and begin posting with thousands of other boaters.") Having $40 to spend doesn't make you intelligent or knowledgeable.

3. The majority isn't always right. When someone complained about Trick in the past, the majority jumped down that person's throat.

4. Even popular, well-loved people can fail miserably in business.

5. Going for the "lowest" price isn't always the best idea.

6. That even among a generally outstanding message board group there's alway one or two morons who will embarass themselves and suggest taking the law into their own hands.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Frequency

So I ask the question: Going FORWARD, how are we gonna fix this?
I suggested to OSO a while back to have a vendor ratings section. I tried to find the post/thread, but I didn't see it. It was the last time he asked about upgrades to OSO.

I think a site separate from OSO would do really well, as a general marine industry ratings site. I think it should be similar to what pricewatch.com uses to rate their vendors. What you see many times is the cheapest price isn't worth the hassle!

Quick Reply: Trick Marine whats the deal?????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.