Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Beware!! Another Engine Shop Nightmare >

Beware!! Another Engine Shop Nightmare

Notices

Beware!! Another Engine Shop Nightmare

Old 12-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read this because I seen perform330 was from West Chester. I went into his profile to see if I had seen him on the water. We are with in 40 minutes of each other. Another puzzling this he went to NC to get motor work. There is about 4 AWESOME buildings local. There is one in PA about 25 minutes from us. Has his own dyno. I know a few people local that travel abroad. All have there own horror stories. I just can't see good luck in sending something so far away and getting the treatment you PAY for. We have 3 horror stories on the Upper Chesapeake bay from guys that lost ALL summer from out of town engine builders..

I like this forum. It enlightens people of what can truly happen. When you read about it here it seems like it has hit close to home......
Good people just tyring to enjoy there passion.... Someone else taking advantage...

Good luck
Old 12-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have not posted in a little while but after reading some of this crap it reminded me of my 2 1/2 year battle with Greg Porcello of Porcello Racing Engines in Hattisburg, MS. Search this forum for the full story. After blowing around 17,000 on fairly basic engines that never ran over 3 hrs straight and re-done by this guy 3 times I took them somewhere else. Have 135 hrs on them now without a hitch. Greg Porcello sued me for 2,500 that he said I owed him. Went to court a few months ago. Real idiot. I did not deny I would not pay the last 2,500 after already spending 17,000 for nothing. Had to get lawyer. Mine wants me to sue engine builder for the 17 grand. I refuse cause I'm just not like that but agree to counter sue for 2,500 for breech of contract. I won but in the end it is buisness as usual for him. He clamed a loss toward his buisness for the money he said I owed him and still was trying to get some more from me. I did not get 2,500 because it just cancels out what he sued me for. So I am out for lawyer fees.Glad it is over and have learned some hard lessons. I thank Mark at Precision in New Orleans for the heads, RM Builder for cams and Thank Wall to Wall Racing in Livingston, La for the build.
Although this bad crap happens, fight it and keep their names fresh with everyone and hopefully they will get whats coming to them.
BEWARE
Old 01-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anything more gone on with this story? I know this guy stole quite a bit of money from another customer. I did some research with the police and the address he gives, the 349 Military Cutoff Rd. is owned and registered to the local power company. There also is no company in Wilmington, NC named Custom Performance Machine Co.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Registered

I would like to know if he ever moved up this way. Just want to keep an eye out for him.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Horse power
I would like to know if he ever moved up this way. Just want to keep an eye out for him.
Heresay has his brother opened up a shop under a new name, doing boat repairs and hi perf marine engine work, with Mark working with the brother. Can't confirm any of this. The brother supposedly put the water pumps on my new engines and reversed the suction and pressure lines. You can paint the rest of the picture yourself.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:18 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MER Performance is the only place to go for you guys in the Carolinas especially in the Myrtle Beach areas....

843 399-8785
Old 01-14-2009, 05:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sean stinson
MER Performance is the only place to go for you guys in the Carolinas especially in the Myrtle Beach areas....

843 399-8785
I'll second that. MER is a straight shooter, won't cut any corners, has great equipment and knows how to use it, and he makes big reliable horsepower. Wish I had known he was here before I got entangled with the subject of this thread. MER made my stuff right, and I would definitely reccomend him.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:25 AM
Registered

Default I Too Have Been Stung

Originally Posted by bleachers
here we go again, this ******* in Wilmington ,NC named Marc Prinz of custom performance machine is a crook, liar and cheat. i sent him my 2 500 hp engines, talked with him numerous times and sent alot of money for these to be made 540ci/650 hp. this started in nov. it is now july, he does not answer the phone, makes up excuses, i hired a PI to go there and check to see what the f is going on, still no calls, finally went down yesterday and retreived all of my parts, he did not have some of the stock parts( said he scrapped them, i know it is a lie) and most of the new parts that i paid for he did not have, says he will send them to me, obviously another lie since the phones are off. long story short, stay away from anything with his name on it, he says he is moving back to the New York, Jersey area so you guys up there BEWARE OF THIS IDIOT!!! the horror story cont. because now i see all the garbage parts that he gave me and that is not what i paid for. i hope he has a good lawyer, so hold on *******, its gonna get rough.

I purchased a supercharged engine from Mark Prince back in December 2007 and after numerous excuses and having to involve the Willmington Sheriffs Department we finally received the engine on the 19/01/2009 but their was no supercharger, distributor, and a lot of external parts were missing, as I am in New Zealand to buy the missing parts is going to cost me another $8,000NZ, so I hope he gets what he deserves for giving the American people a bad name.
Dave[email protected]
Old 03-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Registered

Angry I Too Have Been Stung

Originally Posted by 31scarab31
I forwarded the info to Nikki. Seems that felony fraud based on bank transfers, business license, and state insurance requirement deficiencies and such are the things to look into. Additionally notifying the State Attorney Generals Office through the local D.A. creates an investigation based upon the sheer amount of money and the possibility that he has done this before lending credence to a conspiracy with intent to defraud. If this could go from a civil case to a criminal case IE. conspiracy to commit felony theft, failure to report income to the IRS, (send a form 1099 to the IRS as sub contractor pay showing what you paid him as gross wages for a contracted job). While this might take a little time, potential tax fraud has serious teeth.

If the data base has no EIN it would be because the business is not a legal entity and has paid no taxes, it would follow then that the legality of the business is in question within the state in which it operates. If you can find out if any of these other individuals paid by wire transfer and have the documentation, the Feds will certainly be interested based upon the amount. I'll let you know when Nikki gets back to me.
I too have paid the amount of $8,000US for a engine that I have been waiting for,for over 1 year,when it finally turned up it was not complete I do have proof of what I paid via a money transfer.
This a#@*hole needs to be locked up for a very long time.
Dave[email protected]
Old 03-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 880 Likes on 329 Posts

If it looks and smells like sh!t, it is sh!t. Mark Prince should be serving time.

Quick Reply: Beware!! Another Engine Shop Nightmare

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.