Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Beware!! Another Engine Shop Nightmare >

Beware!! Another Engine Shop Nightmare

Notices

Beware!! Another Engine Shop Nightmare

Old 07-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forwarded the info to Nikki. Seems that felony fraud based on bank transfers, business license, and state insurance requirement deficiencies and such are the things to look into. Additionally notifying the State Attorney Generals Office through the local D.A. creates an investigation based upon the sheer amount of money and the possibility that he has done this before lending credence to a conspiracy with intent to defraud. If this could go from a civil case to a criminal case IE. conspiracy to commit felony theft, failure to report income to the IRS, (send a form 1099 to the IRS as sub contractor pay showing what you paid him as gross wages for a contracted job). While this might take a little time, potential tax fraud has serious teeth.

If the data base has no EIN it would be because the business is not a legal entity and has paid no taxes, it would follow then that the legality of the business is in question within the state in which it operates. If you can find out if any of these other individuals paid by wire transfer and have the documentation, the Feds will certainly be interested based upon the amount. I'll let you know when Nikki gets back to me.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Registered

This is the last email that I recieved from this CROOK!

Tony,
as you know things have not been good here. My health problems have crippled the company, which has forced me to shut down. We had all intentions to finish all remaining jobs in house, but with the un-ability to physically do the jobs, and un-quailified people to take over, and finances now totally depleted, I had no other choice. The shop filed bankrupcy Weds. and proceeding information will be mailed to all customers, clinets, vendors & suppliers owed. I really wanted to finish your engines, but without the remaining balance owed, i could not gather the parts to do so. We were lacking the 5k to finish them to our specs. So without having your current builds tied up in bankrupcy court/proceedings, I had Brian send them out as to where they were at. I was hoping four weeks ago I was going to feel better, come in and finish them, but all customers are tired of waiting for that to happen. I'am deeply sorry for the problems we have caused all of our customers.

Mark
Old 07-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Registered

This business is not a legal entity in North Carolina. It is not registered with the Sectary of State Commercial Division and is not a North Carolina Corporation. Hence it has no EIN number. This is a starting point to file grand theft charges against this guy, taking his benign civil case to a criminal case with repercussions. The Sectary of State Corporate Division should be notified ASAP that this guy is conducting business under an alleged illegal and non registered Corporation and using the front for grand theft.

http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/cor...s/CSearch.aspx

This guys attorney may be fictitious as well. Criminal charges need to be brought against this guy now to forestall any bankruptcy's and such. If it ain't legal it cant bankrupt in federal court where these things occur. He's about to head out and get lost.

Gotta get back to work, let me know!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 196 Likes on 103 Posts

I was ripped off by him about 6 yrs ago on a pair of small block motors. This guy sets up some very elaborate scams. Pretends to be multiple parties and all other such sorts of BS. Got some of my money back when I sent SOMEONE to see him. The trick, is tracking him down.

Good luck!
Old 07-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Registered

i have everything, including a that he has ever e-mailed me, including all the lies on parts lists--the shop that has the engines now has said that he assembled my heads, but all the guides are worn out, machined the cylinders incorrectly for what he was installing and never clearenced like he said he did.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Registered

http://www.ncdoj.com/default_contact...tionid=general

Above is the attorney general website.

Just to verify the non existence of this company, I called and spoke to an individual in the Sec of State Commercial Division. Again this company does not exist. On the Attorney General website is a "Internet Fraud" investigation, I believe this applies. Additionally a form to down load is available to fill and begin an investigation. It has to be faxed or mailed so I would think time is important. Additionally I would go to Off Shore and if the advertisement is there copy and print it as needed in the event he removes it an the investigator needs to see it as supporting documentation.

Also if you could get in touch with these other guys on the QT and register multiple complaints the investigation might proceed real fast considering he most likely has not paid any state or local or federal taxes either and the amount is large.

Hope it helps.

TG
Old 07-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 1,249 Likes on 604 Posts

GO GET HIM GUYS!!
Good Luck
Old 07-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Good Luck. Carma is a *****. Some day this guy will get what he has coming to him. I hope you get the satisfaction of doing it.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:39 AM
Registered

anyone who has had something done by him, maybe better think about having it double checked before install, just before i picked up my pieces, he said he just got done sending out 3 engines for a 45ft sonic. who ever you are, dont throttle to hard, they are probably gonna grenade
Old 07-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bleachers
he said he just got done sending out 3 engines for a 45ft sonic.

I`m sure that`s just another lie . . .

Quick Reply: Beware!! Another Engine Shop Nightmare

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.