Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Arizona speed & marine??? >

Arizona speed & marine???

Notices

Arizona speed & marine???

Old 03-01-2010, 04:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arizona Speed and Marine is NO GOOD!!!!!

Originally Posted by revs10k
This thread just got even better.... haha... Back on topic, even when i was working on their stuff a few years back we had nothing but problems with it. Fat idle, endless "email reflashes" that never cured anything, and our share of gernaded engines. People should do their reasearch when building a motor and they would see who NOT to go to as there are a bunch of excellent engine builders in the south west.
Stay clear of AZ Speed. In fact, just send me your several $100's of dollars, and I will promise you several $1,000's saved. My story is too long to bother with details, but it started in '05 and things are not the same today. I guess I shouldn't completely blame that monotone Jim, and his guppy Ben at AZ Speed. There are several members on this site who have actively promoted Arizona Speed and Marine's product line and services from tech to shop owner. I was persuaded, by you CAM, to go with the AZ Speed junk and have it "custom tuned" with that Ingenious software B.S.
I have limited resources in the NW for performance shops as many of the boaters are driven away from "hot boats" due to our 9 months of rain. Regardless on where you are located; take a lighter to your cash before giving it to Arizona Speed, AZ Speed, Arizona Speed and Marine, azspeed-marine.com, or anything that looks a little bit close to these!!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Registered

Default STAY AWAY from AZSM =- COST ME $10K for two rebuilds

These guys were so off on EFI calibration, my engines detonated in 5 minutes - GO TO TYLER CROCKET's he is awesome.....

Originally Posted by saltlick
Stay clear of AZ Speed. In fact, just send me your several $100's of dollars, and I will promise you several $1,000's saved. My story is too long to bother with details, but it started in '05 and things are not the same today. I guess I shouldn't completely blame that monotone Jim, and his guppy Ben at AZ Speed. There are several members on this site who have actively promoted Arizona Speed and Marine's product line and services from tech to shop owner. I was persuaded, by you CAM, to go with the AZ Speed junk and have it "custom tuned" with that Ingenious software B.S.
I have limited resources in the NW for performance shops as many of the boaters are driven away from "hot boats" due to our 9 months of rain. Regardless on where you are located; take a lighter to your cash before giving it to Arizona Speed, AZ Speed, Arizona Speed and Marine, azspeed-marine.com, or anything that looks a little bit close to these!!
Old 03-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Registered

Default $10k For 2 Rebuilds??

Originally Posted by oreo11zeus
These guys were so off on EFI calibration, my engines detonated in 5 minutes - GO TO TYLER CROCKET's he is awesome.....
WOW, that almost sounds too good to be true. I have heard #'s like $5k to $6k to rebuild big stock power. With a 496HO coming in at around $17k to $18k before any labor (not many has the facility, time, or means to sling these motors around), I would expect that rebuilds can add up quick, not to mention reinstallation labor costs. Did Crocket do both of your rebuilds, and how are yours setup? Sounds like I will need to drag my pig out of state (WA) to get anything done right! I have the original 502 MPI that now has aluminum heads, IMCO Powerflow, some other mild goodies and an older ATI Procharger M1 (older meaning not self contained; oil line is fed from pan), with a smaller ATI pulley that brings boost to approximately 5 to 6 lbs. Hopefully more like 5, but overall setup plays a role so who really knows? Using a MEFI4 from AZ Speed to control it, and it is out of control. Know one knows what to do with this setup or how to use the B.S. Ingenious software (which I unfortunately own). I also bought AZ Speed 50 lb. injectors and I kinda question anything that was ever sold by JIM.
Forget months of lost "hot boating"; I have lost years to the hands of my poor decisions, products and services sold by AZ Speed, and locals who pretend to know what they are doing!!
Here is the kicker: My dream is to have my Commander idle all day around islands without the load up issue (flooded engine on Labor Day sucks bad). The money that has been shelled out over the years for my current power package could have bought me a new 525 EFI (maybe even in Joyze Poypole to match the boat)!!
STAY AWAY FROM AZ SPEED .PERIOD
Old 03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
CAB
Registered

Does anyone have anything good to say about their products? I am not talking about them doing any programing of any kind. I am talking if I buy their system and have someone else do the tuning.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered

I am using their Ramjet intake for BBC and their high flow billet throttle body[1030 cfm].Also bought their larger billet fuel rails.Someone else did the programming on the dyno with MEFI BURN system.Works great and made good power.Hardware was fine.He did have a cam made for me that was not what I asked forand wasn't billet,just hardened.My engine builder had comp make a cam.The engine made 606hp/660tq.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:10 PM
CAB
Registered

Originally Posted by Cookin
I am using their Ramjet intake for BBC and their high flow billet throttle body[1030 cfm].Also bought their larger billet fuel rails.Someone else did the programming on the dyno with MEFI BURN system.Works great and made good power.Hardware was fine.He did have a cam made for me that was not what I asked forand wasn't billet,just hardened.My engine builder had comp make a cam.The engine made 606hp/660tq.
This is the same route I was going to take. Glad to here it is ok.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nmrs5ieVec

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Registered

bump
Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by heatwave3
bump
dump

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a pair of AZSM efi packages for a pair of 502's for one of my 31' cats equipment was good , calibration was TERRIBLE ! Tyler recalibrated the ecu's and all was fine.
If you have issue's Crockett Marine engine is the place to go,
good honest guy !

Quick Reply: Arizona speed & marine???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.