Arizona speed & marine??? >

Arizona speed & marine???

Notices

Arizona speed & marine???

Old 04-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't ever go to Arizona Speed & Marine

My story is way too long to provide all the details but I cannot be more clear: DO NOT EVER GO TO ARIZONA SPEED & MARINE. I had to go faster, don't we all but this outfit took $40K dollars from me & completely ruined a great boat. The owner Jim and his village idiot sidekick Ben lied, cheated & stole all the old parts from me when I had them do a major overhaul. They had the boat 2 months sitting in their yard before they even touched it. I had to fly in & sit in thier lobby for 3 days to get them to work on the boat. The boat never ran right after they got through with it. The punch list of problems with the engines were 3 pages long. They even sold me used parts & had new labels put on the boxes the parts supposedly came out of. I have no idea why this business is still open, my experience with them was the worst experience of my life. After 6 months of having various mechanics try & repair all the damage this outfit did to these engines, I had no other choice but to completely replace both engines.

DO NOT GO TO THIS BUSINESS, YOU WILL FOREVER REGRET IT.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hggybear

My Buddy is, they mucked up 3 engines 4 him!! Had 2 have all 3 redone by Sterling!! Kick Azz now!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:16 AM
Registered

Default When did this go down?

Originally Posted by hggybear
My story is way too long to provide all the details but I cannot be more clear: DO NOT EVER GO TO ARIZONA SPEED & MARINE. I had to go faster, don't we all but this outfit took $40K dollars from me & completely ruined a great boat. The owner Jim and his village idiot sidekick Ben lied, cheated & stole all the old parts from me when I had them do a major overhaul. They had the boat 2 months sitting in their yard before they even touched it. I had to fly in & sit in thier lobby for 3 days to get them to work on the boat. The boat never ran right after they got through with it. The punch list of problems with the engines were 3 pages long. They even sold me used parts & had new labels put on the boxes the parts supposedly came out of. I have no idea why this business is still open, my experience with them was the worst experience of my life. After 6 months of having various mechanics try & repair all the damage this outfit did to these engines, I had no other choice but to completely replace both engines.

When did you go through these terrible 6 months? What state are you in that you had to fly to AZ and sit in their lobby? How did you initially get the boat there? Tow it? Ship it?

What did you finally decide on for replacements, and how are things now?
Old 04-28-2011, 06:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

i was looking at the ecm on my new to me 500 efi and saw it had a ASM sticker on it so i yanked the ecm and sent it to Mark at Precision Marine to get rid of the ASM flash i have read to many of the horror stories about those guys and didnt want anything to do with them when i first saw the sticker i called ASM and they couldnt even tell me what they have done to it by there calibration code i would think any reputable business would have some kind of records but not ASM
Old 04-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Registered

Default ASM ECU bad??

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
i was looking at the ecm on my new to me 500 efi and saw it had a ASM sticker on it so i yanked the ecm and sent it to Mark at Precision Marine to get rid of the ASM flash i have read to many of the horror stories about those guys and didnt want anything to do with them when i first saw the sticker i called ASM and they couldnt even tell me what they have done to it by there calibration code i would think any reputable business would have some kind of records but not ASM
Did you learn anything about the ASM programming on your ECU from Mark at Precision Marine? Have you received your ECU yet? If so, have you tested the boat? I am thinking that I need to have the boat water tested during any ECU tinkering as I have been reading that this is the only sure fire way. Maybe no more shipping an ECU around anymore for me!!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mark couldnt get a good read on it as it has / had a password on it i should get it back from him on monday but i am still a couple of weeks away from splashing the boat for the first time with this engine
Old 04-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
Mark couldnt get a good read on it as it has / had a password on it i should get it back from him on monday but i am still a couple of weeks away from splashing the boat for the first time with this engine
awhile back he had the passwords,but he said there not worth figureing out,(mine was so fuZked up he just reset/wipe out and start from scratch,most are off so far ,he would just clean/erase the hole program and put his own in,mine was real close to a regular build with the Whipple and it was right on and made great power!!.I ran it for 2 summers and one summer it was hotter than norn and took it back to him for some fine tunning in the boat on th elack,As Mark calles it rich is safe,Thats at 8.49 lbs of boost At N.O. on the lake if was 98 degres and 97% humidity,dead calm muggy as hell and he just layed in the floor of my Hustler just remaping/playing around getting it a little leaner,its clean it up and was PERFECT.

noow years later with ethenol 10% added ,I guess its making it leaner,so we returned.maped tables etc. and it runs great.

I would recomend him to any type person,He is good at maping,a hell of a engine builder.He has years (20)ish of engine experance and stays upto daye with the new

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Registered

Default Don't ever go to Arizona Speed & Marine