Notices

In His Own Words

Old 04-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know Chris Sunkin at all other than a few emails we exchanged and a brief hello in Miami.

He seemed to be a nice guy.

Unfortunately there are some people in our sport that feel compelled to impress others. Why? I have no idea but I have seen it plenty of times with people on the internet as well as some friends of mine.

I do find it extremely odd that with owning Three 41 apaches, a 38 and 46 cougar, 6 or so Sutphin’s, an imperial, 2 cig 35’s and a 24, a Top gun, a 20’ Maritime, a velocity 31, and a 41 Sea Ray that there is not one listing in the USCG Documentation database for ANY BOAT being Documented with an owner named Chris Sunkin.

My advice to Chris - just come clean, tell the truth and all of this will go away and everyone can move on.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
The bummer about all of this is that many of us left this site because we were unhappy with it for any number of reasons.

SO was a good place to interact with good people who weren't generally know-it-all idiots and typical internet keyboard toughguys. I was never over there because of who owns the site, I was there because I liked the membership. I also like it beacuse it's free.

Probably the best thing that could happen to my free time would be for that site to go down, but I'm going to hang in as long as my "internet friends" are still over there. If it goes down, I guess I'll see you guys on the water, on email or over at Riverdavesplace maybe.

Nice post Sean! When IB didn't address performance issues and problems with the site in a timely manner......people were pissed! For some, the site was like crack and just couldn't deal with the isses and so some got together and started SOS. Completely understandable. With any of these board communities, it's really the members that make the board what it is. The board is really only software running over the Internet that acts as a bucket containing the thoughts, comments and interactions of the members. Much of this site is free still and most sites like this start free and eventually, bit by bit usually start charging. It happened on OSO, it happened on SpeedWake (formerly OffshoreOnly.net) and was/is soon to happen on SOS. That's just the way it is.

I'm glad you're posting here on OSO! Looking forward to seeing that boat!
Old 04-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned

The whole "Buy Out" part of the puzzle is interesitng isn't it? Hell I was just here for the read, but when that popped up. That put a whole new spin on things didn't it?

Disagree with owners views....tell him you want to buy him out for a $$ amount, I would presume, that is MUCH lower than the place is worth. WITH the caveat of " If you don't sell it we will tell people you didn't own "ALL" the boats you have claimed to own, and all the other things that we can try to blow out of proportion".

I would suspect the whole buy out thing wasn't supposed to leak out was it?? Becasue that would put you in a NOT SO HONEST light as well now wouldn't it?

Ah... glass houses gents.

You see you can try to explain your way out of that, but no matter what you do now... there was an offer, a refusal, and then the mud slinging.... it is wrong, dishonest, a beneath the standards of anyone with any morals.

so now I grab yet another bag of Popcorn, and watch what is the best reality drama going.

well done gents.....well done.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by DaveP
My advice to Chris - just come clean, tell the truth and all of this will go away and everyone can move on.
Would it really make a difference? You would just have 30 more pages of "see told you so". IMO none of this matters! Move on!

Unfortunately there are some people in our sport that feel compelled to impress others. Why? I have no idea but I have seen it plenty of times with people on the internet as well as some friends of mine..
Every day this happens and I agree more in this sport than most! Sad when this sport will change a man and make him someone he is not. I have seen many max thier credit out to the max for the wow factor As many also did in the housing market that bit them in the rear.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:54 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BarChopper
The whole "Buy Out" part of the puzzle is interesitng isn't it? Hell I was just here for the read, but when that popped up. That put a whole new spin on things didn't it?

Disagree with owners views....tell him you want to buy him out for a $$ amount, I would presume, that is MUCH lower than the place is worth. WITH the caveat of " If you don't sell it we will tell people you didn't own "ALL" the boats you have claimed to own, and all the other things that we can try to blow out of proportion".

I would suspect the whole buy out thing wasn't supposed to leak out was it?? Becasue that would put you in a NOT SO HONEST light as well now wouldn't it?

You see you can try to explain your way out of that, but no matter what you do now... there was an offer, a refusal, and then the mud slinging.... it is wrong, dishonest, a beneath the standards of anyone with any morals.

so now I grab yet another bag of Popcorn, and watch what is the best reality drama going.

Great first post!!! sounds like you really know what is going on, lol
Old 04-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Banned

WMF.....

See the problem is... like the rest of us who are not privy to "actually being there"....I really only know what is being posted here. ( it really isn't a problem actually it is quite entertaining ) HOWEVER, after dedicating myself to about two hours of reading ( It is a shame the other thread was removed ) I like everyone else on here was forced to decifer, and draw conclusions, on the information that is on the threads. I lurked, laughed, said "WOW" out load more than a few times I would imagine, and then was hit with the "BUY OUT" information. Now I could be wrong.... it is just one guys opinion. BUT THAT SEEMS LIKE AN IMPORTNAT PART OF THIS DISCUSSION. At least it does to me. It has completley skewed my way of looking at this whole thing. So much so that I even commented. I look forward to seeing how this bit of the puzzle weighs on everything.

I am assuming that the little guy running his finger up his nose is supposed to me. Thanks for that. Nice meeting you as well. :-)
Old 04-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
The bummer about all of this is that many of us left this site because we were unhappy with it for any number of reasons.

SO was a good place to interact with good people who weren't generally know-it-all idiots and typical internet keyboard toughguys. I was never over there because of who owns the site, I was there because I liked the membership. I also like it beacuse it's free.

Probably the best thing that could happen to my free time would be for that site to go down, but I'm going to hang in as long as my "internet friends" are still over there. If it goes down, I guess I'll see you guys on the water, on email or over at Riverdavesplace maybe.
Come on Sean, we all know the only reason you are on SOS is to look at the ClayMates!
Old 04-21-2010, 01:11 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome and thanks for logging in with a 2nd or 3rd screen name... Please see the forum rules!

Originally Posted by BarChopper

Attached Thumbnails In His Own Words-ip.jpg  
Old 04-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
Welcome and thanks for logging in with a 2nd or 3rd screen name... Please see the forum rules!
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Busted
Old 04-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,272 Likes on 556 Posts

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Busted
Come on, you are surprised?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.