Notices

In His Own Words

Old 04-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know .... this thread is an interesting insight into the world in general. Sure is different from the "Rachel is Dead" thread where there are 16 pages of replies from people up in arms over being lied to about who a person was .. what he had ... what he did. A few years ago, a liar wasn't tolerated at all. Banished from our community for feeding people crap and getting sympathy in return. Now a few years later, getting tall tales, exaggerations,lies in exchange for a playground, maybe even a t-shirt, is accepted. Interesting.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
You know .... this thread is an interesting insight into the world in general. Sure is different from the "Rachel is Dead" thread where there are 16 pages of replies from people up in arms over being lied to about who a person was .. what he had ... what he did. A few years ago, a liar wasn't tolerated at all. Banished from our community for feeding people crap and getting sympathy in return. Now a few years later, getting tall tales, exaggerations,lies in exchange for a playground, maybe even a t-shirt, is accepted. Interesting.

Here I go again. Sticking my nose where it does not belong! LOL. But I really feel like I should chime in on this one. Please don’t misinterpret my defending SOS as defending Chris. I am thankful to him and the other founding members for giving us SERIOUS. There is no question about that. SERIOUS is bigger then Chris Sunkin. It is a community of like minded people who enjoy the on line comradely SOS has provided us. Many of us were outsiders looking in on other sites like this one. But we became part of a group of friends on SOS. New people have joined, and some have gone, but we still have a good time. Truth be told. I really miss your posts, and feel personally responsible for you leaving SOS. For that I am sorry. But at the end of the day, SOS is not about Chris Sunkin. It’s about the membership. Much the same as OSO.

David
Old 04-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 3,409 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidmnc
Here I go again. Sticking my nose where it does not belong! LOL. But I really feel like I should chime in on this one. Please don’t misinterpret my defending SOS as defending Chris. I am thankful to him and the other founding members for giving us SERIOUS. There is no question about that. SERIOUS is bigger then Chris Sunkin. It is a community of like minded people who enjoy the on line comradely SOS has provided us. Many of us were outsiders looking in on other sites like this one. But we became part of a group of friends on SOS. New people have joined, and some have gone, but we still have a good time. Truth be told. I really miss your posts, and feel personally responsible for you leaving SOS. For that I am sorry. But at the end of the day, SOS is not about Chris Sunkin. It’s about the membership. Much the same as OSO.

David
I ALWAYS had a problem with "this site vs. that site"...F*ckin' stupid! And trust me there are those that had (and still do have) that mentality on both sites. My feeling always was, the more boating websites the better.

Of course with all this now, it bring up a whole new set of issues.

I recall when everyone from Hotboat did a mass boycot because of the shinanigans the owner pulled. That place went from routinely having 50-100 members on at a time with 3-4 pages of posts a day to 2-5 members on at a time with 1-4 posts a week!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidmnc
I really miss your posts, and feel personally responsible for you leaving SOS. For that I am sorry. But at the end of the day, SOS is not about Chris Sunkin. It’s about the membership. Much the same as OSO.

David

Ive always said, my friends are my friends regardless of where they post There are good people on Serious just like there are good people on OSO, Boatfreaks, Speedwake ....... At the end of the day, they are all just boating websites. Im only referring to comments made in this thread and things that people used to find important that arent as important any more.... No disrespect intended. Just an observation.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Excellent observation. A former business partner taught me a valuable lesson years ago. No amount of success or money is ever going to be enough to offset that feeling you get when you just don't trust who you are associating with. It brings you down, and eventually, makes you set the bar so low, the bar is not existent anymore.

After all these years, I know full well he still doesn't understand, nor do his remaining friends. That's fine with me, I reset my bar to the proper height years ago, and I feel all the better for it. There's plenty of good, honest people out there to hang with. But you have to live with yourself 24/7, and it's much easier if you're at peace with yourself.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 995 Likes on 410 Posts

What would it hurt to cut Chris some slack ? Is anybody out anything ? If so come forward .

Maybe the guy got in a little bind and borrowed the funds knowing he had them covered and than things didn't work out and now he was in a real bind.Maybe he was embarassed about it and that is why he tryed to downplay it and fix it. In the long run it got fixed and nobody is out anything.

As far as the boats who knows and who cares.Maybe he embellished a little bit to get himself in the game and got a little carried away. Did it hurt anyone ? Has anyone on here not done a little self embellished self promoting?

I don't care one way or another but i think unless he has hurt you or not done what you asked of him what are you out and why not give him a break.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommymonza
What would it hurt to cut Chris some slack ? Is anybody out anything ? If so come forward .

Maybe the guy got in a little bind and borrowed the funds .
Since you ask,

Not really understanding your point.

If people trust you enough to give money intended for a charity, then that money should go directly to the charity.

That money never belonged to anyone but the intended recipient.

I was involved in a fund raiser last Saturday for a 37 year old mother of 3 that has 3-6 months to live. When the auction was over the cash was counted and the checks tallied in front of 5 volunteers. The money was handed over the same day, as it should have been.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ive always said, my friends are my friends regardless of where they post There are good people on Serious just like there are good people on OSO, Boatfreaks, Speedwake ....... At the end of the day, they are all just boating websites. Im only referring to comments made in this thread and things that people used to find important that arent as important any more.... No disrespect intended. Just an observation.
Hey RG, when are we gonna have that coffee at Caroline's?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 995 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
Since you ask,

Not really understanding your point.

If people trust you enough to give money intended for a charity, then that money should go directly to the charity.

That money never belonged to anyone but the intended recipient.

I was involved in a fund raiser last Saturday for a 37 year old mother of 3 that has 3-6 months to live. When the auction was over the cash was counted and the checks tallied in front of 5 volunteers. The money was handed over the same day, as it should have been.
The guy maybe made a bad judgement call and it bit him in the azz. Is there anything else out there to show he had ever done anything like this before? If there is, than Chris be DAMMED, but if not maybe he was in a bind as i said and he made a bad call and borrowed the funds .I do not know Chris nor have i ever talked with him but is he really that bad and deserving of all this ?
Old 04-23-2010, 04:36 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

' What would it hurt to cut Chris some slack ? Is anybody out anything ? If so come forward . '

There has to be a prize for this comment. There have been some really off topic blather on here but this is about the dumbest thing I've read since I caught CS trying to cheat a charity out of money.

I have waited for legal clearance to speak. I havent received it yet. Until I get it I am obligated to restrain from direct participation on all this. So I have.

2 things that have to be said here though while I wait.

There have been comments regarding closure and why are people not speaking up.
You have been reading what have been proved as blatant lies for 5 years on here and people are still believing a liar.
All of a sudden someone has to work to your timetable?
Dont think so.
Secondly, the participants in all this owe you nothing in the way of an explanation. Nothing.

When I have proper legal release I will speak.

In the meantime for accuracy purposes go back and reread what has been discussed in all of this so direct questions can be asked.

Some of you clearly dont understand English so get someone to explain it to you. Can someone reach out to Paradox and MacGyver to help them through this.

Lets very clearly establish the fact that 2 people were involved in the topic re the charity raffle, me and Chris Sunkin.

Any comments on here from me will be representing me and should not be taken as speaking on behalf of others.

Last edited by Catastrophe; 04-23-2010 at 05:02 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.