Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Hint: Follow the sheep.
He who follow sheep step in sheep $hit.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After looking into these allegations myself for the last 24 hrs.I have made the decision to resign my founder member and moderator status At Serious Offshore.com.This is in no way taking sides or placing blame.
Tim Sharkey AKA Expensive Date
Old 04-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
After looking into these allegations myself for the last 24 hrs.I have made the decision to resign my founder member and moderator status At Serious Offshore.com.This is in no way taking sides or placing blame.
I have also resigned as a moderator / founder from Serious Offshore. I will not comment on any of the recent events. Brian Hollis
Old 04-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Registered

It is too bad so many folks have been sucked in. It is not their fault at all. It reminds me of the whole Too Old situation. Most people just couldn't believe it.....then they get pissed that they got dooped......then......you never hear from people like Too Old ever again. We don't need any marine businesses getting hit up by this BS artist. Hasn't the marine industry been hit hard enough????? What gets left behind is in ruins and folks are full of anger and disgust.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDAmPIq29ro&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&co lor2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDAmPIq29ro&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&co lor2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Old 04-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow!
When the moderaters/founding members (people in the know) start to exit, the dam has some Serious cracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoboater

chris what is it that you do

I own a company that sells and installs industrial lifting equipment- design and mostly sub-contract the manufacture. We do alot of installs in new construction as well as in existing facilities.

I didn't intend my comments to be insulting of you or anyone else- but they're a statement of the reality that I deal with on an ongoing basis. I don't like wastefulness and I see lots of it.

Now the people I'm running across for the most part are in-house union workers- where one person is the only person able to do something, not based on skill or ability, but on job classification. I waited 90 minutes the other day for an electrician to come and flip a switch on a controller that I did 100% of the design work on- because he was the "qualified electrician". That's wrong- and that's not something that's going to move our country forward in a changing global market. as far as the construction site people- It's astonishing to me that these people have the time to do all this standing around and watching. It's especially frustrating when it happens a week after I get cut thin on margins because "we're running tight on this job".

Lastly, my brother-in-law just retired from a GM production facility as a janitor. He made $114K last year. now, that was because he worked an incredible amount of hours- but that's because GM couldn't afford to bring on additional employees- to do so is to obligate themselves to years-long commitments to their job security and most likely a long post=employment provision of sustenance and health care. Again, not a real-world way we'll move forward as an economic power. Unions had their place in bringing the worker into livable working conditions and for that they should be applauded. But at some point, they got carried away. They're paying the price today- and they reacted so late, they may have done nothing more than ensure their own extinction. So how does that help your kids or grandkids if they choose to follow you into your trade? Short-sighted, I'd say.

In closing, I don't operate a union workforce. My guys make 2-3 times industry average. They know coming in that they'll be asked at times to move heaven & earth, day or night, weekends & holidays. They also know heaven & earth will be moved for them if they need it. My products are priced 50 to 100% higher than my competitors- but we're completely booked- simply because we're that good and that reliable. My typical customer isn't willing to take chances.

My guess is if you're as good as you come across, the union isn't why you have job or wage security
Old 04-20-2010, 08:40 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
With you being a former Police Officer, I figured you would be able to do your own investigation....

Glad you were able to make the decision on your own based on the information you found out for yourself...

Now the question is... Will you put the Hudson River Avatar back up ?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-20-2010, 08:44 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I have also resigned as a moderator / founder from Serious Offshore. I will not comment on any of the recent events. Brian Hollis
Brian,

Thank you for reaching out to me. It meant a lot...

We can put that whole thing behind us and consider it a learning experience !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

so 9 out of 15 moderators have resigned
kinda says something was rotten
Old 04-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Registered

Sorry guys, but this is the most pathetic thread Ive read in a long time. I dont think everyone got the memo but WINTERS OVER boys. I wish I had a quarter of the energy and time you guys have put into this playground witchhunt. Is everyone laid off right now? No projects going on? Hiccup!

<-------I Never get tired of using this guy so here he is!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.