Notices

In His Own Words

Old 04-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Pretty good negotiation tactic on the potential buyer's behalf....drag the owners name through the mud, site traffic drops and suddenly the site is devalued and worth less.

I don't know any of the party's involved but the "sale/offer story" was told to me a few days back and it added an interesting spin to the already drama filled story.

A site like SOS had the makings to be another OSO sold to IB success story where the owners walk out with a pocket full of cash so with big sums of money comes greed/deceit and can cause normally good people to do "out of character" things.

Not picking sides and many interesting points have been brought up. Some things have been over exploited/blown way out of proportion while other issues seemed to be barely touched on (like the sale offer angle).

WRONG. The offer included "no comment" clauses. Nothing has been or would have been said by the buyers.

Please keep your facts straight.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 1,011 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
WRONG. The offer included "no comment" clauses. Nothing has been or would have been said by the buyers.

AP

The "no comment" part has obviously gone out the window by now..... I was speaking in current terms, not what was proposed 2-3 weeks ago. If the offer was declined and then the bad press "hit the fan" wouldn't that de-value the site? Wouldn't Alec/Catastrophe be one of the buyers? I'm pretty sure the "no comment" part has been broken through leaked info/checking acct. statements being posted....even if not posted directly by the buyers.

I don't really care but do like to see all the facts laid out rather than leaked a day at a time through innuendos.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The offer was made privately Friday evening. By Saturday Chris made the offer publicly available to his Boardroom. Shortly thereafter the offer was withdrawn and will not be reconsidered in any form by the 4 people that made it.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker

Correct. I am sorry I made that comment and should have just stayed outa this, once again open mouth insert foot.
I used to injoy both these sites and now niether one hold any interest for me and just like 90% of the marine bis if you go into it with open arm's and trust you are in for some very serious disappointment, alot of hard lessons learned and being bent over way to many times has put and end to it for me.
You guys can speculate all you want on what went on and call whoever names you want, I won't because I don't even know all the details and probly never will and at thsi point I don't care, for me it is all over........................................
Old 04-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
Nort, are you anywheres near Long Beach Ca ?? i need help on an issue
I have a roofing job going on now in Long Beach so I check on it every couple days. Anything I can help you out with?

(your PM box is full).
Old 04-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bummer about all of this is that many of us left this site because we were unhappy with it for any number of reasons.

SO was a good place to interact with good people who weren't generally know-it-all idiots and typical internet keyboard toughguys. I was never over there because of who owns the site, I was there because I liked the membership. I also like it beacuse it's free.

Probably the best thing that could happen to my free time would be for that site to go down, but I'm going to hang in as long as my "internet friends" are still over there. If it goes down, I guess I'll see you guys on the water, on email or over at Riverdavesplace maybe.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
The bummer about all of this is that many of us left this site because we were unhappy with it for any number of reasons.

SO was a good place to interact with good people who weren't generally know-it-all idiots and typical internet keyboard toughguys. I was never over there because of who owns the site, I was there because I liked the membership. I also like it beacuse it's free.

Probably the best thing that could happen to my free time would be for that site to go down, but I'm going to hang in as long as my "internet friends" are still over there. If it goes down, I guess I'll see you guys on the water, on email or over at Riverdavesplace maybe.

That's a great post, and probably the best one I can remember in a long time that really shows who gets it. It's the people like you, that I enjoy posting with, & meeting in person at events. Hopefully I'll catch you at a run sometime for some beers
Old 04-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was also thinking of a way to say the same thing, I do not have a good way with words, and would have ended up offending someone if I tried to write that
Old 04-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 313 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
To put this in context, which apparently Jay forgot to do, I take it the purpose of the thread is to show that Chris Sunkin may very well be a pathological lier. That should be pretty darn easy to determine in a very small amount of time.

In his own words in numerous posts on OSO and SOS, Chris Sunkin apparently claimed to have owned the following Offshore Performance boats: Three 41 apaches, a 38 and 46 cougar, 6 or so Sutphin’s, an imperial, 2 cig 35’s and a 24, a Top gun, a 20’ Maritime, a velocity 31, and a 41 Sea Ray to boot.The problem is that (apparently the author of this thread and a few others dug into this) no one else on OSO or SOS can recall crossing paths with Chris in a transaction for even one of these unique boats, nor in Chris' operation of them. Some find it strange that that someone could own 14 unique and relatively rare high performance boats in the small community of Offshore Boating and NEVER CROSS PATHS WITH ANOTHER MEMBER HERE. Not on a ramp, on the lake, in buying or selling them, or even in buying and selling parts for them, ever.

Surely someone on OSO or SOS has come into contact with Chris in the buying and selling of some these rare boats that he has claimed to have owned over the years? Surely someone has tied up next to Chris while on the water? But so far, other than his current stripped 35 project Cig (which has never run since he purchased it), apparently the people behind this thread have found no one who can remember ever crossing paths with Chris in a transaction on a single one of these boats, or can even recall seeing Chris in any of the many boats that he claims to have owned over the years. Not even people in his own community on the very lake that he claims to have boated on. To say that least they find that very strange.

If Chris has indeed owned the boats that he claims surely someone can come forward and validate that Chris was not just telling tall tales about owning such boats in order to gain the trust of others in the boating community (and help work his way into the upper echalon of the offshore boating community with lies).

Big expensive performance boats leave wide trails of ownership and maintenence. This should clear Chris' name in no time.

These are pretty serious accusations but they should be equally easy to prove baseless. Can anyone step forward and validate Chris' claims of ownership to these any of these numerous boats that he speaks of in his many posts? Pictures would be great as it appears that Chris himself took none.

Anyone?
He has also claimed to of owned a 28 Apache
Old 04-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

Bingo hit my thoughts on the head!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.