Notices

Why was SOS Formed

Old 04-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RiverDave
If that guy really claims that, then he's lieing..

I own the 2nd largest (arguable by some to be the largest) boating website on the west coast, and mine, PB, this place, and his all run virtually the same v-bulletin software.

The license is about 100 bucks a year.

The classified system while it looks nice wouldn't cost more then 500 - 800 bucks.. I'll just say it's weak for what it is.

His website would cost in the neighborhood of 100 - 150 bucks a month to host in total.

Not starting anything, just giving you the gods honest truth from a board owners perspective.

The hard part isn't the $$$ to get started. Anybody can have a board up and running by tomorrow afternoon.

The hard part is to get the people to the site, and keep em there. Which I think he might've just.... how they say "screwed the pooch."

RD
Thank you, now I really feel like a gullible fool

As for this B.S. about brandon being a Mod, I was a founding member from just about day one and became a Mod about a week after and have talked to most of the others and we had no idea he was still working over here and yes Chris did tell us AFTER he appointed him super mod(without the usuall vote) that he was done here and B himself told us the same and as AP has said Sunkin has deleted a very valueable part of what the place was all about and blamed the loss on one of us after we had been blocked from the site. Another big pile of you know what.

And whenever anyone posted a OSO bashing thread we stopped it or asked for it to stop and reminded everyone we were not there for that and if they were there for that kinda thing they needed to leave, so I really don't know who he is talking about doing the bashing, it wasn't me or the rest of the board members.

Last edited by cosmic12; 04-27-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Airpacker
I'm sorry, which part was "obvious" again?

The part where it says moderator under BLee's name here like it did on Serious?

The part where Brandon posted in the SOS boardroom that he was sick of the chit over here and as soon as his friends had all relocated to SOS, he was leaving here? ( sorry, can't prove this one as the entire history of every single post of the thousands that were in the boardroom of SOS was DELETED for some mysterious reason by Chris Sunkin)

The part where Chris made a big hoopla about Brandon" LEAVING" OSO to come join the Board of Directors of SOS or the part where at least 5 former moderators of the 8 that were on SOS that I have asked DID NOT KNOW. Read back, 3 besides myself and Catastrophe, while not a moderator but a prominent B.o.D member have already pointed out in this thread that we were never informed that Brandon was retaining his moderators position here after becoming a super moderator on SOS.

I guess we were all really stupid because we believed that he had resigned here huh?

Interesting........seems like.....ah never mind!
Attached Thumbnails Why was SOS Formed-01.jpg   Why was SOS Formed-05.jpg   Why was SOS Formed-06.jpg  

Why was SOS Formed-16.jpg  
Old 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Thank you, now I really feel like a gullible fool

As for this B.S. about brandon being a Mod, I was a founding member from just about day one and became a Mod about a week after and have talked to most of the others and we had no idea he was still working over here and yes Chris did tell us AFTER he appointed him super mod(without the usuall vote) that he was done here and B himself told us the same and as AP has said Sunkin has deleted a very valueable part of what the place was all about and blamed the loss on one of us after we had been blocked from the site. Another big pile of you know what.

And whenever anyone posted a OSO bashing thread we stopped it or asked for it to stop and reminded everyone we were not there for that and if they were there for that kinda thing they needed to leave, so I really don't know who he is talking about doing the bashing, it wasn't me or the rest of the board members.

+1

Old 04-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RiverDave
If that guy really claims that, then he's lieing..

The hard part is to get the people to the site, and keep em there. Which I think he might've just.... how they say "screwed the pooch."

RD

RD.....thanks for posting! Yep.....lieing is SOP with Chris Sunkin. Too bad most of the screwing has happened to the folks that worked so hard on the site.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 150 Likes on 89 Posts

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Good pickup Jay. When I saw that one, I immediately remembered the pole-sucking comment.

Even GS boating sites have become like the darkside of real life. Shows me that they may be serious about competing with Goldman Sachs on equal footing
Old 04-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Registered

Saw this today and figured it applied:

Don't kiss an ass if it's in the process of $hitting on you!!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin

Oddly enough, this small group has deluded itself into thinking they’re doing the sport a service.

You know where to find me.

You are right......you dont' know me and I have no axe to grind.....but everytime a liar is exposed in the boating industry......that is doing "our sport" a service.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
You are right......you dont' know me and I have no axe to grind.....but everytime a liar is exposed in the boating industry......that is doing "our sport" a service.
???
Old 04-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BostonCig
???
Hey Sunkin.......you have to log out on your fake names before posting about yourself.

=============

Dear PhantomChaos,

BostonCig has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Why was SOS Formed - in the Beware and Stolen forum of Offshoreonly.com.

This thread is located at:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by PhantomChaos)--- You are right......you dont' know me and I have no axe to grind.....but everytime a liar is exposed in the boating industry......that is doing "our sport" a service.
---End Quote---
For a guy with no axe to grind, you seem pretty obsessed with me. I mean, come on- the silly avatar with my picture? You're a seventh grader. You hide behind a keyboard and hurl insults at people. For your own entertainment.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Offshoreonly.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.