Why was SOS Formed

Old 04-27-2010, 07:56 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonCig
???
BostonCig,

If you were the one RESPONSIBLE to finally delete the Sharkey-Images Media Gallery on SO... THANK YOU !!!

One question, Why is my Banner Ad as well as another's still being displayed after having been told to remove them from the site ???

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,272 Likes on 556 Posts

I've remained pretty quiet on all of these issues so far. I, like Craig, have to watch who I am associated with due to my professional career.

WAY back when, just before OSO went to IB; Steve and I were having some candid talks about where OSO should go next to further serve the wants and desires of the Internet boating community. Before anything could be put into action, the offer from IB became attractive AND Steve saw the writing on the wall about the whole financial system. Hence, he made the right decision. I think a lot of folks were bummed and turned off from OSO for a while, but OSO really hasn't changed that much.

The other thing that really bugs me about this whole sport/hobby/industry; is a "man's word" isn't worth a dung-pie in the performance marine arena anymore. I think it used to be, maybe even as recent as 7-8 years ago. However, the crap that has unfolded in this community, just dumbfounds me. Right now, the only thing I can base my personal decision/judgment about any ideal is TRACK RECORD. And there aren't too many track records that go back far enough to really prove anything anymore.

Due to that fact, I think anything new and different needs to go through a rigorous incubation period.
Some make it; some don't.

I've many fantastic opportunities to meet hundreds of members, mostly from this site, but a few from other sites as well. One this for certain, this sport/hobby/industry would not be where it is today without the Internet Forums, and OSO is the granddaddy of them all.

Jeff had the idea.
Steve had the vision.
A few others have kept the train on the track--going at a 'moderate' pace.
& Heather keeps the wheels on the train in the first place.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 04-27-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,365 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Interesting........seems like.....ah never mind!
wow
Old 04-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look, to everyone that's SO mad over this:

I'm really sorry that knowing or not knowing that I still had my status over here was such an issue.

Moderating pretty much equates to moving spam, classifieds, & other various issues that no one wants to do.

To the ones that take it anymore serious than that, seriously you've got priority problems, and it likely doesn't stop on the internet.

To the ones that for whatever reason have their feelings hurt over such a meaningless issue, I'm really sorry that I've hurt your feelings.

As I said., I thought everyone knew, and I wasn't told to send out a press release. I didn't do anything to harm any of you, just like I haven't in the last 10 years of being around all of you.

I did both because I was ALLOWED to, and had the time to help out elsewhere while being here with Heather.

Some of you say this isn't about "this site vs theirs", well, that's the definition of hypocrisy, and this little fit those people are throwing about this,. had no bearing on me at all. I mean, AT ALL guys.

To my old & new friends, that don't understand what being a moderator really is, I'm sorry if you feel like you've somehow been duped by me. I sincerely apologize for that.

I didn't know that some of you others didn't know I was helping on both site, and I REALLY didn't think anyone would care. It wasn't my duty to tell everyone individually, and had I known it would cause this much embarrassment to so many, I would have absolutely said something extremely public about it.

Please accept my appology in this very minimal mistake, and don't think for a minute I was trying to do whatever it is you think I was, because I wasn't.

None of this matters to me AT ALL, except for the fact I really like you all, and would never have done anything to KNOWINGLY mislead any of you.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:35 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Hey Sunkin.......you have to log out on your fake names before posting about yourself.

=============

Dear PhantomChaos,

BostonCig has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Why was SOS Formed - in the Beware and Stolen forum of Offshoreonly.com.

This thread is located at:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by PhantomChaos)--- You are right......you dont' know me and I have no axe to grind.....but everytime a liar is exposed in the boating industry......that is doing "our sport" a service.
---End Quote---
For a guy with no axe to grind, you seem pretty obsessed with me. I mean, come on- the silly avatar with my picture? You're a seventh grader. You hide behind a keyboard and hurl insults at people. For your own entertainment.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Offshoreonly.com

BUSTED !!!!!!

Originally Posted by CHRIS SUNKIN
You hide behind a keyboard and hurl insults at people. For your own entertainment.
Geezzzz,
So I guess what you posted before Chris was a compliment ?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !