Notices

Why was SOS Formed

Old 04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by klaw
hey Craig

Just noticed you were from MD I get out there about 1/2 doz time a year. Next time I am out there how about a ride in the Gun Where is Edgerock?

Klaw
He really means it when he said he is done with the boards for a while. Craig and I actually live in the same neighborhood about 5 miles south of Annapolis. It is on the Rhode River and if he's not around I would be happy to hook you up with some fine Chesapeake Bay boating, only a 31 Formula, but maybe we can hot wire the Gun Worse comes to worse we both have small center consoles and a great dock bar right on the river, always good for a meal and a beverage
Old 04-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ted, Craig, Alec and Nick; you should be applauded for refusing to go along with something you felt was wrong and deceitful. Your attempt to handle the situation quietly should also be met with respect. It is unfortunate that a resolution could not be reached in an acceptable fashion.

Perhaps some feel that things could have been handled differently but I think they aren't seeing that you made the effort to do just that. In the end, you four had to do what you felt was best for you, for the industry, and people you felt needed to know the truth. It is too bad that some are still willing to blindly follow without asking questions.

Jayboat and a couple of others have taken a lot of heat lately and I am sure that there are those that will now attempt to draw you into the fire as well. I hope that all of you continue to stand firm in your convictions and the knowledge that you did the right thing.

I hope to see all of you on the water or at a race this season so that I can shake your hand as someone who appreciates those willing to stand for what's right.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alec, Ted, Craig and Nick. I sure am happy to read those names on my screen again. I kinda missed you loogins
While you have all stated your reasons for doing what you did and they are indeed very good reasons, you left one out.

"For the love of the sport"

It is very unfortunate that things went the way they did but just like anything else in life, we learn, we grow and we move on.

The entire premise of having a Board of Directors to me meant working with people I do not just like but people I trust completely.
That trust was broken in several ways and that is the reason I chose to resign my position at SOS.

I have been a member here since 2001. I have and will continue to visit here. I most definately will stay in close contact with the good friends I made while working for SOS and you know who you are so I need say no more.
I will miss working daily with the close knit group we became over there but I will certainly not miss the BS. We did a good thing and I think people knew it. It wasn't the place for everybody but for many, it was a comfortable place to hang out and shoot the .... and enjoy the company of like minded boatin fools Too Bad.

That said, its almost boating season here and I have other things to focus my energy on now.

Thanks again for posting the TRUTH guys.

Sean
Old 04-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

Catastrophe, Cigdaze, Oldschool, Inspetch,
This is for the four of you now that you've come here and stated your case.
This would have been a lot easier to believe and/or understand if you would have done this together from the begining. Jay sort of became the spokesperson and his tone was wrong which then makes me a skeptic.
As this continues to move along the best I have to offer is enjoy your boats which draw us together.
ed
Old 04-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ange
Ted, Craig, Alec and Nick; you should be applauded for refusing to go along with something you felt was wrong and deceitful. Your attempt to handle the situation quietly should also be met with respect. It is unfortunate that a resolution could not be reached in an acceptable fashion.

Perhaps some feel that things could have been handled differently but I think they aren't seeing that you made the effort to do just that. In the end, you four had to do what you felt was best for you, for the industry, and people you felt needed to know the truth. It is too bad that some are still willing to blindly follow without asking questions.

Jayboat and a couple of others have taken a lot of heat lately and I am sure that there are those that will now attempt to draw you into the fire as well. I hope that all of you continue to stand firm in your convictions and the knowledge that you did the right thing.

I hope to see all of you on the water or at a race this season so that I can shake your hand as someone who appreciates those willing to stand for what's right.
+1
Old 04-23-2010, 04:07 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Talking

For all of us that left........

Can we get a group hug now ???

Drinks are on OSO !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-23-2010, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 150 Likes on 89 Posts

I'd like to chime in here to say that I've never, for a second, felt like a spokesman in this. I did, and said what I did because I felt it was the right thing to do and because of my respect for Alec, Nick, Ted and Craig. If some of you were put off by my tone, sorry about that- I wear my heart on my sleeve and have no problem calling a spade a spade. Those who felt it necessary to make personal attacks only managed to shine light on their own deficiencies and deflect focus from the issue.

I also did it because, I, too, felt cheated. My time may not be so valuable to others, but it damn sure is valuable to me. For those of you who question my motivation I would propose that you do a little experiment. Set aside the time and $$$ it takes to acquire and process just TEN good images- you can put that many in one post. Set that part aside- don't even count it. Just take any ten photos on your drive, TEN. Upload them to a hosting site, record their urls and hotlink to them in a post here.

Now multiply the time it took you to do that by 500.

Then... tell me how you would feel knowing you had spent that much time and energy helping to further the efforts of a liar and a thief.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Registered

did oso pull the other threads
Old 04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 150 Likes on 89 Posts

no. they are in beware and stolen.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Registered

good place for them, funny a certain person spent a lot of time last night looking at everything he could on yet another site that had my screen name in it, i hope he found what he was looking for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.