Notices

Why was SOS Formed

Old 04-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
Standing on my soap box....

Yes a corporate company owning OSO leaves a bitter taste, and I too was very skeptical when OSO was experiencing problems.... However, many of the issues have been resolved and the moderators of OSO are all dedicated to "the sport" and making this the best place to visit!!

While IB pays the bills, it falls to the moderators to keep things running smoothly. IB is not a "boater", they are a business. Unfortunately, that can create an impression that is somewhat less friendly that it was when Steve was the owner. Your moderators, on the other hand, ARE boaters, board members, and your friends. IB has left it to the moderators of OSO to keep the community feel to the board. We do our best and of course there are times that our opinions don't mesh with those of others on the board. The moderators ask that everyone please keep in mind that we do what we do on a volunteer basis and try to keep personal opinion out of our decisions.

I would say that I take to heart the "this isn't home or family" posts since I put a lot of time into OSO - for free.... I have made some great friends from OSO and nothing can take that away....
+1
Old 04-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikes280
good place for them, funny a certain person spent a lot of time last night looking at everything he could on yet another site that had my screen name in it, i hope he found what he was looking for.
Doug & I were having Fun..
Old 04-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Doug & I were having Fun..
but my eyes are everywhere
Old 04-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikes280
but my eyes are everywhere
Even in Florida??
Old 04-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
I'd like to chime in here to say that I've never, for a second, felt like a spokesman in this. I did, and said what I did because I felt it was the right thing to do and because of my respect for Alec, Nick, Ted and Craig. If some of you were put off by my tone, sorry about that- I wear my heart on my sleeve and have no problem calling a spade a spade. Those who felt it necessary to make personal attacks only managed to shine light on their own deficiencies and deflect focus from the issue.

I also did it because, I, too, felt cheated. My time may not be so valuable to others, but it damn sure is valuable to me. For those of you who question my motivation I would propose that you do a little experiment. Set aside the time and $$$ it takes to acquire and process just TEN good images- you can put that many in one post. Set that part aside- don't even count it. Just take any ten photos on your drive, TEN. Upload them to a hosting site, record their urls and hotlink to them in a post here.

Now multiply the time it took you to do that by 500.

Then... tell me how you would feel knowing you had spent that much time and energy helping to further the efforts of a liar and a thief.
You know you and Sharkey got a problem because you're businessmen on these sites, we're not and I don't really care about your business decisions. If you have problems solve them on your time.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Wow this thread must have become more topical it's back from the bilge lol
Old 04-23-2010, 05:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 150 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
You know you and Sharkey got a problem because you're businessmen on these sites, we're not and I don't really care about your business decisions. If you have problems solve them on your time.
I don't do this for money. I've sold $65. worth of prints this month. Maybe that makes me a big bidnezzman in your eyes.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Even in Florida??
yep and i am going out to get a good margarita in downtown Saint Augustine in just a min
Old 04-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Registered

WOW
Old 04-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Catastrophe, Cigdaze, Oldschool, Inspetch,
This is for the four of you now that you've come here and stated your case.
This would have been a lot easier to believe and/or understand if you would have done this together from the begining. Jay sort of became the spokesperson and his tone was wrong which then makes me a skeptic.
As this continues to move along the best I have to offer is enjoy your boats which draw us together.
ed
Thank you for explaining how you felt through this.

Our original position within our offer was to remain silent.
Chris Sunkin completely destroyed that himself by badmouthing us to our former colleagues and friends.
His telling me he was going to sue me, made me take advice that included remaining silent.

As I watched this mess turn into being about us and not the actions of Chris it was time to speak up.

As for our friend Jay, I want you all to understand that he participated in a lot of the events and behind the scenes planning and was as much, let me rephrase here, he was more active than a lot of the boardmembers.
He has lost a lot here of something he helped create and build, as all of us have.
The whole team of photographers that attended our events were part of a group that was very very proud of what they were doing.
A lot of the pictures that were taken on our behalf were never anything that they could ever sell.
At one event Jay and Tim and Jeff took 32000 photos.1 event.

To all of them as well as Bruce and Sean and Dave , the SOS Pic Team, the four of us thank you all for every minute you helped us. I apologize for not being able to save it.

People are going to point fingers at all of us as we get into the summer and attend events. Hopefully they all understand we tried our best and it is as sad for us as anyone else that this all happened.

To the boardmembers from SOS who lost all their efforts too..I am a better person for having met each and every one of you.

To Paradox, please accept my aggressive defense of my dear friend Jayboat.

Does OSO sell jackets ???? I need one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.