Notices

Why was SOS Formed

Old 04-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have explained Jays partipation in all this and want you to understand he was not put forward as a spokesman.

I have seen others state similar descriptions of Rob through this.
Rob was never involved in any group effort to bring this out.
Robs topics were seperate from anything the 4 of us concerned ourselves with.
The 4 of us were concerned about SOS, not Chris Sunkin.

We stood beside Chris as loyal followers through the period when Robs info was coming forward.
It was me personally on behalf of the boardmembers that called Rob and asked him to cease connecting SOS with Chris Sunkin.

One day hopefully he will explain that conversation.

In the end 4 good people concluded that SOS would never be seperate from Chris Sunkin and we had to take a stance.

I now thank Rob for opening my eyes and want everyone to know that whatever harsh words that were directed to him from me is because I was still drinking the Koolaid.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why was SOS Formed?

SOS is the commonly used description for the international Morse code distress signal (· · · — — — · · ·). This distress signal was first adopted by the German government in radio regulations effective April 1, 1905, and became the worldwide standard under the second International Radiotelegraphic Convention, which was signed on November 3, 1906 and became effective on July 1, 1908. SOS remained the maritime radio distress signal until 1999, when it was replaced by the Global Maritime Distress Safety System. SOS is still recognized as a visual distress signal.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,365 Likes on 464 Posts

i'll go ahead and comment now,as I had said earlier when my email went viral, Alec, Ted, Nick and Craig took there time to make sure everything was correct. Alec did call me and ask me to back off, and I did. In the original days of the starting of SO, I was in the board room as well, I was one of the original guys fighting for Jay to be part of the photo section, certain people didnt want him because of his political view, I sent emails and pm's to people here on oso that I respected and enjoyed there comment, such as Jeff Helmkamp, Pete boden and Dick Tryce also known as Mr Gadgets. I got frustrated at certain board members that complained about every thread or each time someone spoke their mind,as told by one of my best friends, certain guys were so busy marking their territory no one felt welcome..even me. so i just went back to being a regular member...then I got tired of being attacked by a couple members and being reprimanded for it, so I walked, I would still log in, but got tired of it quickly. If you didn't fit into Sunkins plan, or follow his way, he would scheme behind your back and then deny/lie about it.
It makes me glad to see that the main 4 guys over there did their research and regardless of how difficult it was they did the right thing. I respect that!

As for IB, I am really impressed with the way that they have expounded on allowing the site to function, in the beginning I was not a happy camper, however in time I think they have done the right thing, nothing is free but I think IB wants us all to be happy and are working towards that...more to come on their participation in events soon
Old 04-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
Standing on my soap box....

I would say that I take to heart the "this isn't home or family" posts since I put a lot of time into OSO - for free.... I have made some great friends from OSO and nothing can take that away....
Hey girl,

It looks like once again your efforts have gone unnoticed, just like with the rest of these same old Internet "problems" I've experienced with you 1000 times in the past. You're the queen bee here, and it's really nice of you to let all of these people that tried to ruin OSO, talked down on you, etc, to come back, after having their feeble attempt totally shoved up their asses. Even though they don't have the sack to thank YOU for being allowed to come here & suck each others dicks, it doesn't mean that my nearly 10 years with you will ever go unnoticed. You do a fantastic job here, & should be commended for being able to balance a fantastic life and a day care simultaniously.

I'm happy to have been there with you through a lot of it!

Last edited by BLee; 04-23-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was on OSO for a few years when I was asked to be a founding member of SOS.I was exited to work on something like that so I pretty much left here.My time is limited so I was not involved at the level of the four that have spoke before me.
When this all started two weeks ago tomorrow I was one of Chris's biggest supporters.I had no idea about any of this and I verbally attacked many people,for that I would like to offer my apology.
Last Monday night I started to discover that several things were just not adding up.After an an extended phone call and a lot of research I resigned from SOS as a moderator and founding member.Some have questioned why I did that on OSO I did it because I had publicly stated opinions that had changed and I wanted to be clear on that.
Like others have stated it may be a while before I internet boat again.But when I do it will be here.I also want to say that I think Heather Dawn and Jon have done a great job this week moderating very difficult threads.

Last edited by Expensive Date; 04-23-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Why was SOS Formed?

SOS is the commonly used description for the international Morse code distress signal (· · · — — — · · ·). This distress signal was first adopted by the German government in radio regulations effective April 1, 1905, and became the worldwide standard under the second International Radiotelegraphic Convention, which was signed on November 3, 1906 and became effective on July 1, 1908. SOS remained the maritime radio distress signal until 1999, when it was replaced by the Global Maritime Distress Safety System. SOS is still recognized as a visual distress signal.
LMFAO
THATS A FACT JACK
ARRRRMY TRAINING SIR

Last edited by thumper038; 04-25-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by catastrophe

Does OSO sell jackets ???? I need one.

Anybody want a nice SOS jacket?
Old 04-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Correct me if I am wrong, but since Steve sold OSO and it was bought by IB, in its current state would the existance of OSO be for the sole purpose of making money? If it was losing IB money, do you think the lights would be on?
Making money is a good thing, I think everyone can relate to that. But as Wall Street and many other industries have shown us over the years, there are ethical ways to make money, and some that are not. I will not sell my soul for money, nor would I ignore everything going on around me if it bothered me, just to make money. I chose a long time ago not to be a HO.

I seriously doubt the big thing here is about making money, pun intended.

I have very personal experience partnering with a BSer, a chronic pathological liar. I chose to walk. I think you can understand why I am clapping for Alec, and the others that did so. So yes, I can relate to the discussion. Three cheers for integrity.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12

What size is it?
Old 04-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12

yes, I do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.