Notices

Why was SOS Formed

Old 04-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Hey girl,

It looks like once again your efforts have gone unnoticed, just like with the rest of these same old Internet "problems" I've experienced with you 1000 times in the past. You're the queen bee here, and it's really nice of you to let all of these people that tried to ruin OSO, talked down on you, etc, to come back, after having their feeble attempt totally shoved up their asses. Even though they don't have the sack to thank YOU for being allowed to come here & suck each others dicks, it doesn't mean that my nearly 10 years with you will ever go unnoticed. You do a fantastic job here, & should be commended for being able to balance a fantastic life and a day care simultaniously.

I'm happy to have been there with you through a lot of it!
Hum,????? Where did this come from? I remember when you were granted Super Mod suddenly outa nowhere after the rest of us (the 24 Board members) had pretty much done all the work and had the place looking like it was going to be a hit, as it was. I questioned that apointment from the get go and you came on and gave us a long drawn out explaintion on how you were sick of all the chit here and were so very impressed on what we had done on SOS, where the fk did this chit come from? Who is sucking who here? looks to me like you are trying to do some sucking up here a hell of alot more than the rest of us.
Why is it being put up here? Because we can't do it over there and I am sure everyone knows why.
I am proud of what we did there in the short time it was done, am I here trying to suck up? not in the least and I sure I won't be posting much of anything here or anywhere for that matter all this chit leaves me ill, as I said before he should have kept his mouth shut and walked and not one bit of this would have happened and we could have kept on building
Old 04-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 968 Likes on 396 Posts

I may be stupid and possibly made the dumbest remark in all of the sites history but it finally sparked some dam answers.

As far as it not being any of my business nor anybody elses , true but than again all of you came over here running your mouth how CS screwed people, and since i take it was his site and I frequented it i wanted answers.

As my father always says " Either Chit or get off the pot "

As far as SOS being started to fill the cozy feeling you all once had here and the reasoning of slow servers and big internet corporations.

I say bullchit !

You guys saw what Steve did and figured the time was ripe to grab the many people here and drag them over to that site in the hopes of creating a marketable site down the road.

Last edited by tommymonza; 04-24-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: I skipped 3rd grade spelling
Old 04-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
As far as SOS being started to fill the cozy feeling you all once had here and the reasoning of slow servers and big internet corporations.

I say bullchit !

You guys saw what Steve did and figured the time was ripe to grab the many people here and drag them over to that site in the hopes of creating a markable site down the road.
Well, IF Chris had not DELETED the entire history of boardroom posts, and IF Chris had not locked me out of the moderators forums while I was still listed as a mod,I would gladly take your theory and shove it up your you know what with PROOF as to what was stated to the volunteers that built that board.

Numerous times he stated that he would NEVER sell serious to a big corp like IB.
The board was "ours" and would stay as "ours". It was claimed repeatedly that it was never about money. Why would we invest thousands of collective hours building the board up so that Chris could sell it out from under us to a major corporation with no benefit to ourselves?

So, we now know those were probably all lies BUT, for you to infer that "WE" were in it for the money is a load of steaming turd.

Shame on you Tommy.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by catastrophe
The " in " crowd was the group of individuals that interacted directly with CS on mostly a daily basis.
The other good volunteers had little or no knowledge of the mechanics of administering the site or the finances present and future.
It is because of that first hand knowledge and the correspondance with CS that was in question a decision was made to rectify it or leave.
To remain would be aiding and abetting.

To rescue it, could never include the continued ownership or participation of Chris sunkin.

We left.

What you people have to understand is how SOS was presented to the volunteers. It was presented as never being a business, ever.
It was presented by a person that told everyone that he was a very successful businessman who had a long history of boat ownership and knowledge and a ton of close personal relationships with icons and business owners in the sport.

He has told more than a few people that he " threw" 120k at the software and then on top of that another 30k at adding the classified section.
When volunteers hear these things and read daily exploits of owning 14 different boats and falling 3 times out of a boat over 75 mph they follow along.

But when you discover by reading Rob Freemans stuff, which by the way I sincerely thank him for, you begin to look closer and the emporers clothes start to fall off.

When you check the software story and especially the classified story and its very not true, you ask questions.
Everything that he has said he is, he is definately not.

Back to the 4 comment.

The 4 called Chris Sunkin out in writing TWICE. Both answers were BS.

Chris Sunkin has gotten away with his exploits for one reason only.
He surrounds himself with people with credibility.

Given that it was decided that SOS is actually the future of his money source and the stage that is available to pontificate from it is a disaster in the making for someone or a group of people in this industry.

3 things specificately brought me to the end.

1. Chris Sunkin attempted to take money from a charity until I caught him.

2. Chris Sunkin attempted to use his connection with me to drag some of my dearest and best friends into his Saccenti boat venture as a dealer.

3. Chris Sunkin used the very hard work, resources and connection with others to propagate this mess.
Moderators were being chosen on who they know and what lake they were from rather than their loyal commitment to work hard solely for SOS.

There are countless times we were lied to and deceived. And as volunteers that is shameful.

The volunteers that remain or are supporting the site currently do so because they felt it was theirs. It was.

SOS has a cancer. To live, the cancer has to be eliminated.

Under the current circumstances it is very odd that the solicitation of banner ad revenue has just now started.

I personally was involved in the planning of bringing SOS to a pay site. Up until 2 weeks ago it was not to happen until a major image and feature change was finalized.

It was disheartening to me that all that was never started since it was promised to all the volunteers in December.

So you understand, any retort that comes from CS is manufactured crap. And any coached support is just that.

Straight up...this man duped a lot of trusting hardworking loyal volunteers .

There have been others that have had fundraisers in this sport.
I remember one where a person took some money that wasnt theirs. I also remember what happened to him.

A few years later we have the same thing happen and I read on here that some stupid dummy suggests giving the guy some slack.
Have we gone so low or are we so desperate to be FOUNDING MEMBERS that we will accept that behaviour?

At one point the other volunteers knew little of what 4 people knew. They all now have equal knowledge...and yet they remain.

Those people that run successful fundraising, please ask yourself if after a lot of doorknocking and effort and jumping in freezing water so your balls shrink to a pee ...would you allow someone attempt to keep your money from its intended destination.????
THINK everyone THINK
WOW straight up & right to the point ,just the way it should be .Kudos CATASTROPHE to you and the ones who saw thru the B/S & smoke screen of CHRIS SUNKIN
Old 04-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 968 Likes on 396 Posts

Well once again a quote from my father. " Think long and hard about a partner in business and than don't do it "

Sorry for all the voluteers getting burned for their efforts but I would guess is Chris was wearing the pants over there and still is.

I lose confidence in what anyone has to say when it has to include personal attacks on their intelligence or beliefs.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Registered

So how many times are they going to move this post? Reminds me of Blake from teambajamarine!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 884 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
So how many times are they going to move this post?
Agreed...please, enough.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
I concur with Alec and Ted's statements above. My goal was to be not associated with Chris and to not be subjected to the lies anymore on a daily basis. I would welcome any lawsuit if one is brought against me/us. If that is the route he chooses, I would imagine that there could be a subpeona of that PayPal account as well. That would be interesting This entire deal has been extremely embarrassing for me and I am done for a while on the internet boating sites. It's just not something that I need right now in my life. One other thing that I would like to address is the fact that there was no "backdoor" that we've been accused of creating to get back into SOS after sunkin blocked us out and chose to lie about us and our motives. I think that he forgot that we have friends that we've known forever. You know, like people that we've shared the love of boat ownership with.

The bonus part is that I actually have three boats and plan on enjoying the chit out of them. Hope to see my fellow boaters out there.

Signing back off...
Craig
Craig....your welcome back on the Potomac to hang out anytime. Will see you around at the events, sounds like you may need a beer or three.

Randy
Old 04-24-2010, 09:42 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry about that.... The thread and subject is in its final resting place!

Originally Posted by Indy
Agreed...please, enough.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Interceptor
You know you and Sharkey got a problem because you're businessmen on these sites, we're not and I don't really care about your business decisions. If you have problems solve them on your time.
Interceptor they may be businessmen ,but they sure spent loads of there own time on the site putting up pics for squat U sound like a HIGH roller possibly you can purchase some pics from both these gentleman and help them become the BIG Businessmen they work everyday to be ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.