I found a nice article on SOS

Notices

I found a nice article on SOS

Old 05-04-2010, 06:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,365 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd Hartigh
Why do you always bring up post count? Boatlessatm was here before you! according to the join date.

Does your post count make you better than him\her? yours is just over a hundred with a join date of 2010. Would'nt that make you a new-bee?

I hate it when people bring up post count! Sorry that I don't post in things like "no more than two word post" or "post whore thread" . It just inflates a number and gives zero credability! Not to mention when people post big...yet hide behind a screen name.

Post count means nothing...
I do understand what you are saying, however knowing Alec the way I do, I know his frustration, while many of us lost valuable time, Alec is one that has lost a sizable chunk of money as well as trying to make a site better. Not to mention the charity that was swindled is one that Alec works closely with and Chris's thievery has/had the potential to make him look bad in his profession of bringing potential donations. Don't take his gruffness and blunt writing too personally, as someone once explained Alec to me "he spent half his life making money, and he is spending the other half figuring out how to give it away" For the record I agree about post counts giving credibility, shouldn't a mans actions do that instead of a number? post count to me only shows that the person actively participates.

Originally Posted by boatlessatm
Thanks for sticking up for me.

If post counts rate the importance of someone or intelligence etc, then his arch nemisis Mr Sunkin is much greater in all regards
I can assure you that Sunkin ranks with the lowest of the lows, he is a pathological liar and a thief, think back a few pages to where he was accusing you of being Alec for your spelling of cheque AND your post count , I believe you said you're "Australian actually"... his paranoia and delusion know no bounds. His ramblings of double naught spies and internet espionage are laughable. There are so many people that are onto his lies and such that collectively mine as well as others pm's and emails are chock full of comments and quotes from other members.
As for the boats being verified, it hasn't happened, I asked in a pm to someone if of the boats that had been "hauled" were a cig 20 hull a Donzi Corsican and a cig 24 hull, if so I know exactly where they came from and will assure you they are NOT Sunkins. You have added some valid points, and some what if questions, but all this was thought through before anything was brought forward.

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 05-04-2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 1,000 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Alec is one that has lost a sizable chunk of money as well as trying to make a site better. Not to mention the charity that was swindled is one that Alec works closely with and Chris's thievery has/had the potential to make him look bad in his profession of bringing potential donations. Don't take his gruffness and blunt writing too personally, as someone once explained Alec to me "he spent half his life making money, and he is spending the other half figuring out how to give it away"

Rob

Sizable chunk of money? It has already been outlined that Chris has spent next to nothing getting the site up and going so how could Alec be out "a sizable chunk of money?" A batch of T-shirts we have already heard about but I wouldn't think that would be considered a sizable amount.

Not defending either party but it seems you can't play both sides of the "money angle" if the site cost nothing to open/operate and Sunkin hasn't taken any money then how could a 3rd party, non-owner be out "a sizable chunk of money?"

Is $500 a sizable chunk, 5K? Are you using a valuable time = money equation. Like he has 2000 hours "invested" and he made $100 an hour at his former job so his time was worth $200,000?

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 05-04-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Registered

Oh and Catastrophe had a higher post count under his original screen name "Cloke," not sure why he switched it.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
As for the boats being verified, it hasn't happened, I asked in a pm to someone if of the boats that had been "hauled" were a cig 20 hull a Donzi Corsican and a cig 24 hull, if so I know exactly where they came from and will assure you they are NOT Sunkins. You have added some valid points, and some what if questions, but all this was thought through before anything was brought forward.
Over the past couple of 100 pages I believe there have been a couple of posts (yes only a couple) of people who can confirm that they sold him the boats etc....(yes I know there were discrepencies in whether the boats had a blown engine or not etc) but ultimately there seem to be people who are prepared to say that they can recall him purchasing "x" boat.

Luckily for me these threads are only entertainment value. Bad entertainment admittedly but entertainment none the less. It seems to me that both sides are so blinded by hatred that they refuse to acknowledge any defects in their "story" or evidence in favour of the other sides.

Sunkin appears to be a bit of a scumbag. Amongst other things he bounced a cheque to a charity, delayed correcting it and threatened to expose someone for not selling him a trailor. He also seems a bit of a tosser in regards to things he has achieved, owned and spent. But conversly over the years by all accounts he seems to be someone who has quite a bit of knowledge (even if once again it is exageratted or claimed to be first hand when it is not) and he was prepared to share that with all (even when not asked).

And then you have the other side. The claim that they are exposing him to save the performance boat industry etc. Well that is about as believable as one of Sunkin's stories. Whilst all that you say about him may be correct, it's plainly obvious by the venom and intensity of your attack against him, that it is motivated more by his rejection of your offer than any other purported greater good that you claim to be trying to achieve.

Anyway ladies continue with the entertainment!

Oh look....my IQ just rose another point
Old 05-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Rob

Sizable chunk of money? It has already been outlined that Chris has spent next to nothing getting the site up and going so how could Alec be out "a sizable chunk of money?" A batch of T-shirts we have already heard about but I wouldn't think that would be considered a sizable amount.

Not defending either party but it seems you can't play both sides of the "money angle" if the site cost nothing to open/operate and Sunkin hasn't taken any money then how could a 3rd party, non-owner be out "a sizable chunk of money?"

Is $500 a sizable chunk, 5K? Are you using a valuable time = money equation. Like he has 2000 hours "invested" and he made $100 an hour at his former job so his time was worth $200,000?
You are barely scratching the surface JS.

All those event photos, photographer costs = Alec's wallet.
The race awards that Sharkey made of OPA i think it was in Serious's name = Alec's wallet.
The Raffle room for Key West = Alec's wallet.
The meeting rooms at the hotel in KW and the food served within = Alec's wallet.
The $$ for the PPBC kids ride day when barely anyone from Platinum showed up and the SOS Nortech ran non stop sucking back gas all day came from Alec's wallet
AND ON AND ON AND ON>>>>>>>>>>

None of that was paid for by Chris or Seriousoffshore or anyone else. Alec footed the bill for ALL of it. Of course, Chris has already stated that Alec wasn't asked by Chris to pay those bills but how would they have been paid otherwise I ask you?

Like I stated in one of the earlier threads, if anyone thinks Alec wanted serious for the $$ value it has, they are f'd in the head.
The man is the definition of philanthropist and I dare you to find anyone, anywhere that can argue against that point.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatlessatm
Oh look....my IQ just rose another point
Nope. Only your post count..
Old 05-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh and Catastrophe had a higher post count under his original screen name "Cloke," not sure why he switched it.
Good morning.

You cant have more than one name on here and this topic was being asked to be explained by Catastrophe so it was changed by the administrators.
Hope that clears it up for you.

Regarding " time is money". You havent heard me complain about funds being spent on behalf of the site.
In the initial conversations on here I made the point that 20 volunteers and the pic guys put forward a lot of time and effort on behalf of SOS.
Dont miss the magnitude of the effort.

The admins and the moderators at SOS dedicated thousands of hours of their time to make the site as it was.
Because it was in its fledgling state in 2009 there was much more than daily maintenance happening in the boardroom.
There was ongoing planning for event attendance, charity sponsorship, site development and appearance, new avenues of industry involvement, attraction of racers, tech experts,media personalities,race organizations,and new members.
There were constant contests supported by the photographers to generate interest and many many more brainstorming sessions in the boardroom to make SOS different if not better than the other sites ( including this one)

To expend that energy on behest of SOS who clearly had 1 beneficial owner I think was quite admirable.

But to do all that while the owner is abusing their loyalty is unfair to all involved.
That is my point in a nutshell.

Now, something that all of his supporters and some of you are missing isnt being brought to the fore here.

It has been descrbed on here how the 4 of us who were closest to the owner on a daily basis, were realizing what Chris Sunkin's actons were adding up to, we saw ourselves as the 4 that were aiding and abetting him by not acting on significant topics that werent right.

To do nothing and risk having eventual mishandling of future advertisers money would be our fault if we allowed it.
Ergo...the term Protecting The Industry.

The fraudulent handling of a check to a charity and the misrepresentation of the correction of all that along with the absolute inability to balance a check book or put a number of members names beside a donation amount for transparancy was the last straw.

Chris Sunkin had to go to save SOS.

In an act of putting your money where your mouth is, we 4 offered him 60k. Rightly or wrongly, that is what we decided.

In reference to comments on here about us bashing Chris Sunkin, if any of you would go back and read you will discover that after that offer we said nothing.

In typical Chris Sunkin style he started telling our friends on the board a bunch of BS and had those people that we were representing come out and start bashing the sh!t outof us.

We didnt start this crap, he did.

Take a look, my 3 friends have posted a total of maybe 5 times on this mess.
They dont need to say anything, Chris has said everything himself all over these boards and on this thread to make the conclusion we came to quite clear.

Me on the other hand is a different story.

I'm the person that sat on the fundraising committee for the hospital that stood up and described SOS as a group of great people that would support a needy cause for kids health care.

I'm also the guy that paid for the room in KW with his own money to create the draw.
I'm also te guy along with a professional fund raiser and others on the board at SOS, asked for transparancy and an update 4 times.
I'm also the guy that asked for and was promised the check three times on the first week of September. Never happened.
Subsequent requests until KW were BS answers.

I'm the guy that added another 2600.00 of his own money because the donation amount was pitiful.

I put up the hotel suite. Go to the first post of the charity draw and read real slowly my explanation for doing all that.

Then go down a few posts and read real slow about what Chris Sunkin said he was adding to the pot.
NONE of that happened.

Juump to March 30 2010. Discovery of a bad check.
Confirm for yourselves how it was explained away including a phony bank statement.
Confirm for yourselves that Chris Sunkin told his boardmembers in writing that IMMEDIATELY UPON BEING TOLD BY ALEC THERE WAS AN ISSUE I CORRECTED IT.

Thats clearly a lie.
Not until he was offered a buyout that he made public did it come out that he made the check good on April 12.

Would any one of you allow your name and reputation be attached to all that when in the future there will be larger amounts of money being handled? Money that belongs to advertisers and members of the site?

Not me or anyone else I've asked.

Two specific threads were started to discuss all this.
The 2 specific points in all this were addressed.

IN HIS OWN WORDS ...an example of how he falsely promoted his own background and credibility..his two main weapons used to dupe followers.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO....an open discussion room for people to offer suggestions on how the industry, volunteers, etc would handle all the information that is out there about Chris Sunkin.

We have heard from those that have an interest.

Some support , some dont.

For those that have chosen to do either , good for you.

I chose, you chose.

YOU ARE JUDGED BY THE COMPANY YOU KEEP.

Everyone on here knows where i stand.

Can I ask those that are currently supporting Chris Sunkin as former or newly appointed boardmembers please identify yourselves.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Alec, That is the clearity that has been needed from the start of all of this.
I should add that from being there from the start I have been witness to it all.

The one thing that bug's me the most is that if SOS ment so much to him why would he ever put the the name and all the board memebers reputations that did so much for the site at so much risk for such a small amount of money.
It leads me to believe there was no thought what so ever about anyone but himself.

I almost forgot, I will more than likely now get another e-mail telling me about my childish post's on this subject.

Last edited by cosmic12; 05-04-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Good morning.

You cant have more than one name on here and this topic was being asked to be explained by Catastrophe so it was changed by the administrators.
Hope that clears it up for you.

Regarding " time is money". You havent heard me complain about funds being spent on behalf of the site.
In the initial conversations on here I made the point that 20 volunteers and the pic guys put forward a lot of time and effort on behalf of SOS.
Dont miss the magnitude of the effort.

The admins and the moderators at SOS dedicated thousands of hours of their time to make the site as it was.
Because it was in its fledgling state in 2009 there was much more than daily maintenance happening in the boardroom.
There was ongoing planning for event attendance, charity sponsorship, site development and appearance, new avenues of industry involvement, attraction of racers, tech experts,media personalities,race organizations,and new members.
There were constant contests supported by the photographers to generate interest and many many more brainstorming sessions in the boardroom to make SOS different if not better than the other sites ( including this one)

To expend that energy on behest of SOS who clearly had 1 beneficial owner I think was quite admirable.

But to do all that while the owner is abusing their loyalty is unfair to all involved.
That is my point in a nutshell.

Now, something that all of his supporters and some of you are missing isnt being brought to the fore here.

It has been descrbed on here how the 4 of us who were closest to the owner on a daily basis, were realizing what Chris Sunkin's actons were adding up to, we saw ourselves as the 4 that were aiding and abetting him by not acting on significant topics that werent right.

To do nothing and risk having eventual mishandling of future advertisers money would be our fault if we allowed it.
Ergo...the term Protecting The Industry.

The fraudulent handling of a check to a charity and the misrepresentation of the correction of all that along with the absolute inability to balance a check book or put a number of members names beside a donation amount for transparancy was the last straw.

Chris Sunkin had to go to save SOS.

In an act of putting your money where your mouth is, we 4 offered him 60k. Rightly or wrongly, that is what we decided.

In reference to comments on here about us bashing Chris Sunkin, if any of you would go back and read you will discover that after that offer we said nothing.

In typical Chris Sunkin style he started telling our friends on the board a bunch of BS and had those people that we were representing come out and start bashing the sh!t outof us.

We didnt start this crap, he did.

Take a look, my 3 friends have posted a total of maybe 5 times on this mess.
They dont need to say anything, Chris has said everything himself all over these boards and on this thread to make the conclusion we came to quite clear.

Me on the other hand is a different story.

I'm the person that sat on the fundraising committee for the hospital that stood up and described SOS as a group of great people that would support a needy cause for kids health care.

I'm also the guy that paid for the room in KW with his own money to create the draw.
I'm also te guy along with a professional fund raiser and others on the board at SOS, asked for transparancy and an update 4 times.
I'm also the guy that asked for and was promised the check three times on the first week of September. Never happened.
Subsequent requests until KW were BS answers.

I'm the guy that added another 2600.00 of his own money because the donation amount was pitiful.

I put up the hotel suite. Go to the first post of the charity draw and read real slowly my explanation for doing all that.

Then go down a few posts and read real slow about what Chris Sunkin said he was adding to the pot.
NONE of that happened.

Juump to March 30 2010. Discovery of a bad check.
Confirm for yourselves how it was explained away including a phony bank statement.
Confirm for yourselves that Chris Sunkin told his boardmembers in writing that IMMEDIATELY UPON BEING TOLD BY ALEC THERE WAS AN ISSUE I CORRECTED IT.

Thats clearly a lie.
Not until he was offered a buyout that he made public did it come out that he made the check good on April 12.

Would any one of you allow your name and reputation be attached to all that when in the future there will be larger amounts of money being handled? Money that belongs to advertisers and members of the site?

Not me or anyone else I've asked.

Two specific threads were started to discuss all this.
The 2 specific points in all this were addressed.

IN HIS OWN WORDS ...an example of how he falsely promoted his own background and credibility..his two main weapons used to dupe followers.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO....an open discussion room for people to offer suggestions on how the industry, volunteers, etc would handle all the information that is out there about Chris Sunkin.

We have heard from those that have an interest.

Some support , some dont.

For those that have chosen to do either , good for you.

I chose, you chose.

YOU ARE JUDGED BY THE COMPANY YOU KEEP.

Everyone on here knows where i stand.

Can I ask those that are currently supporting Chris Sunkin as former or newly appointed boardmembers please identify yourselves.
I wasn't picking on your post count, just informing the other poster that you have been around for a lot longer than it appears..........

I hope you didn't just have to type that whole response just now......that was a lot of work!

I was just looking to clarify what Rob had posted. Everyone downplayed the expense of the actual site launch, maintenance but Rob was outlining the cash outlay made by you in regards to SOS. I interpreted it as SOS operations, clearly Rob intended total outlay in representation of SOS at 3rd party functions.

Thank you for clearing this up (Airpacker too!).......
Old 05-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wasn't picking on your post count, just informing the other poster that you have been around for a lot longer than it appears..........

I hope you didn't just have to type that whole response just now......that was a lot of work!

I was just looking to clarify what Rob had posted. Everyone downplayed the expense of the actual site launch, maintenance but Rob was outlining the cash outlay made by you in regards to SOS. I interpreted it as SOS operations, clearly Rob intended total outlay in representation of SOS at 3rd party functions.

Thank you for clearing this up (Airpacker too!).......
Thank you

I dont think there is anything more that I can add to all this.

If someone wants to challenge my honesty here I'll come back, but I dont think there is anything more for me to say on what transpired.

The facts are out there , anyone that needs to know anything about all this can rread about it on here.

Chris's supporters will continue to support him so we are beating a dead horse here.

For those that think all this is a small matter and lets move on, hopefully something like this doesnt ruin a bunch of your hard work one day.

Had a great weekend of boating and that is what all this comraderie is all about.

I thank OSO for allowing those involved to have a venue to talk about all this. Its a SOS topic but the delete button over there was impossible to compete with.

I never once used a technical or administrative feature within SOS's software to read the boardroom.

Chris should look hard at those he feels are supporting him with such vehemence.

See you all on the water soon hopefully.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.