I found a nice article on SOS

Notices

I found a nice article on SOS

Old 05-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20

it all went through paypal...

know the right answer before we all hang the guy...

At least Dave learned that wasnt quite right today
Old 05-05-2010, 01:14 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

So someone gives kids a ride in their boat. Quite a noble act. Except a couple of months later some of there associates come on here and basically b!itch that they did this and the cost of fuel and a room should be considered when determining how much someone swindled from them. Please!!

So what did you expect, do the good deed for charity. Get the accolades and not incur the expense!? So what do you want, you give your time and boat and a hobby website pays for the fuel? Did you want this money deducted from the ticket sales as well? Or did you want the other "boardmembers" to kick in and pay those costs?

After reading these you dont come across as the type of person who genuinely cares for the charity. You come across as the type of person who gives to make themselves feel better and bigger. However, in saying that, an uncaring donor is probably better than a non-donor or someone who delays in the giving altogether.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:07 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boatlessatm
So someone gives kids a ride in their boat. Quite a noble act. Except a couple of months later some of there associates come on here and basically b!itch that they did this and the cost of fuel and a room should be considered when determining how much someone swindled from them. Please!!

So what did you expect, do the good deed for charity. Get the accolades and not incur the expense!? So what do you want, you give your time and boat and a hobby website pays for the fuel? Did you want this money deducted from the ticket sales as well? Or did you want the other "boardmembers" to kick in and pay those costs?

After reading these you dont come across as the type of person who genuinely cares for the charity. You come across as the type of person who gives to make themselves feel better and bigger. However, in saying that, an uncaring donor is probably better than a non-donor or someone who delays in the giving altogether.
I dont think that was the point the person was trying to make.

I find it odd that the message being put forward by many many good honest volunteers is being scrutinized more than the POS in question here. If people misspeak on here because they feel obligated to inject their personal knowledge of the matter, I'd listen to their point rather than pick apart how they said it.

The clowns on here with no involvement get greater courtesy than that.

If you think the person that spoke to the matter you are referring to thinks that fund raising or good deeds were done for promotional purposes you are completely wrong.
He and I come from an environment where a poker run doesnt exist without charity involvment. He was involved in inventing that environment years ago.I think he was trying to make the point about how much volunteer time and effort was being expended to fulfill the mission statement of SOS

In my opinion I dont think one single volunteer boardmember at SOS was doing any of this for reasons that arent well intended.
We clearly disagreed sometimes on some topics but it was a great team.

To another point on here a while back, I want to reiterate that yes Fund Razor did caution the group about transparancy re the raffle.
His concerns about the whole matter were voiced from the outset because he is involved in charitable work daily.

I personally dont begrudge one dime that I spent in my effort to help anyone or SOS through all this. I would gladly do it again.
All I would ask is that when volunteer effort and membership money is involved that all of it be treated honestly and with respect.
Attempting to not be transparant about handling it and not passing it on to the intended recipient isnt respectful to those that generated it or needed it.
None of the money in question here was mine.

Last edited by Catastrophe; 05-05-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,365 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
I already tried to arrange this...Chris says he couldnt talk at this time...Chris called me and told me this himself> he says there was an investigation going on by the fbi and cant talk. he has been advised not to say a thing. I guess we will all have to wait till after the probe is over...
FBI huh? well hello Clarice.. may I have some fava beans and chianti... maybe Chris will post up the agents number, heck I'll call them, no sense waiting around by my phone.

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 05-05-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
All I see is a fancy A
DUH Tim posts the cheque and states that it is from Alec. I support Tim by stating that it looks like Alec's signature, one I have seen him use many times before while GIVING away his money to those in need and thats your response?

Just who is the person being accused of wrong doing again? Alec for GIVING 2600 bucks to the childrens hospital of CS for trying NOT to give OUR money to the children's hospital?
Old 05-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boatlessatm

Funny, I don't remember stating that any money Alec spent on the PPBC event had been "swindled" from him.
I don't recall stating that he wanted to be reimbursed for that money either.
A question was asked and I gave EXAMPLES of how Alec has invested time and money into Serious while asking for nothing more than transparency and accountability in return. Oh, and a Serious E mail address
He did not NEED to prop up the Platinum Powerboat Club when their members did not show up for the kids ride day. He did it because it was the right thing to do. It just so happened that HIS boat flew the SOS banners that day and Serious benefited from his involvement with the event.

Maybe you should actually read what I typed and not read INTO what I typed.

He and I have been participating in CHARITABLE boating events for a couple of DECADES together.

I spent years developing charity poker runs here in Ontario for the Performance Boat Club of Canada from 1990 onward.
NEVER once when I went to pocket did I ask for money in return. Never once when asked has Alec balked at adding to the charity pot. Never once did we ask to be showered in accolades for doing what was the right thing to do. As a matter of fact, he has often asked that what he gives be credited to the group and not himself.
The last time I saw him get this agitated was when a certain poker run for profit promoter tried to stiff a charity.

Try barking up some other tree, you might have better luck.

Last edited by Airpacker; 05-05-2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: fat fingers and skinny key boards :)
Old 05-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Airpacker
DUH Tim posts the cheque and states that it is from Alec. I support Tim by stating that it looks like Alec's signature, one I have seen him use many times before while GIVING away his money to those in need and thats your response?

Just who is the person being accused of wrong doing again? Alec for GIVING 2600 bucks to the childrens hospital of CS for trying NOT to give OUR money to the children's hospital?
Get ahold of yourself, its called sarcasm. I don't know any of you so why do you think I should believe anything you say???? That would make me as gullable as you!! And when did I accuse anyone of wrong doing???
Old 05-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catastrophe

The clowns on here with no involvement get greater courtesy than that.
Your contempt for the members here is imprerssive. If you don't like people responding to your threads maybe you should start your own board, then you can invite who you want to participate!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

People have been paying attention to the political hacks for way too long. Obviously if anyone paid into the raffle by check, it didn't get to where it was intended to go. I think that's a pretty simple YES/NO answer to that particular question.

A huge question that remains unanswered is why it took so long to get the money to it's intended destination. This was asked many times over there, and the crickets still are pretty loud. I would not expect anyone there to be anxious to setup another charity event.

Most of the other responses have been refuted and/or disputed outright. It almost seems that some have tried to embellish their stories in an effort to make people uncertain. Classic diversion tactic nowadays.

A quick review of the million posts so far in various thread reveals.

1. Nobody knows why the funds sat so long in spite of repeated attempts to get an answer.

2. The particularly damming evidence presented in the form of purported bank record has as many flaws as Bernie Maddoff's investing acumen. I have yet to see the originator of this damming document refute it's content.

3. The confusion over the boating history remains a mystery.

4. The bottom line is ethics and character. Some seem to think that a boating forum and keeping company is more important than the truth.

I can't possibly believe that people are comfortable in any way with the answers given to some pretty straightforward questions, particularly the non answers to #1 and #2. Let me correct that. #1 and #2 remain unanswered questions.

It reminds me of the Wizard of Oz. Pay No Attention To The Man Behind The Curtain.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that is funny, I used the line over there a few times myself.....Pay no attention to the man behind the curtian...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.