Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
I found a nice article on SOS >

I found a nice article on SOS

Notices

I found a nice article on SOS

Old 05-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by tommymonza
If he is sick as he sounds it is almost cruel to pick on him.
Was thinking that also. If he came on here and confessed, apologized, and offered to make things right, 99 % of us would except it with caution, but I just don't see that happening. Sad really.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H
Was thinking that also. If he came on here and confessed, apologized, and offered to make things right, 99 % of us would except it with caution, but I just don't see that happening. Sad really.
Not I. Call me 1%
Old 05-05-2010, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Actually, current issue aside, these threads have always started as a way to expose some person or situation. Whether its Trick or LDD etc. and not to discredit their wrongs, it always goes way beyond. What starts as an expose quickly degenerates into a cross between sport and running thru the streets of New Salem carrying torches... These threads always progress past "yeah he took me for $$ too" to mindless rampages and internet feeding frenzies. There is a lot of information in this thread, enough to make anyone think, but the message becomes over shadowed by the posts of a few who seem to derive some kind of sadistically orgasmic bliss as they inform the world that somebody stole an apple from the lunchcart in 3rd grade.
I whole heartedly believe that people should know if the water is contaminated, but I suspect I am not the only one who wishes they would put prozac in the drinkng water instead of flouride
Right there with ya buddy!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually, current issue aside, these threads have always started as a way to expose some person or situation. Whether its Trick or LDD etc. and not to discredit their wrongs, it always goes way beyond. What starts as an expose quickly degenerates into a cross between sport and running thru the streets of New Salem carrying torches... These threads always progress past "yeah he took me for $$ too" to mindless rampages and internet feeding frenzies. There is a lot of information in this thread, enough to make anyone think, but the message becomes over shadowed by the posts of a few who seem to derive some kind of sadistically orgasmic bliss as they inform the world that somebody stole an apple from the lunchcart in 3rd grade.
I whole heartedly believe that people should know if the water is contaminated, but I suspect I am not the only one who wishes they would put prozac in the drinkng water instead of flouride
Definitely some truth there for sure. But what fuels the continual flames are the lame retorts, diversions, and subsequent attacks on the prime messengers. This happens on many boards, not just boating boards. If the initial defenses were not so offensive, this would be done by now. Not to mention, the person in question always seemed to be pretty darn proactive in attacking people he thought were FOS. Also pretty judgmental towards anyone he thought wasn't of good character. So perhaps you can see what fans the fires? But the story is intriguing, and the responses have been horrific. So it goes on, and even gets worse.

"Enough to make anyone think"? Possibly on target there.

IMO, take that for what it cost you, this would have ended days ago with a simple I'm sorry or something. How you respond to the bank statement alone is beyond me. And I'm sure there are others that are close to him that actually know more, as if the above isn't enough. The honorable thing would be to give the website to the founders and be gone.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,365 Likes on 464 Posts

I understand what you are saying, however I disagree vehemently. Chris was the first one to post," out them here and let the board take care of them" Ironic how one would ask for mercy. Search his posts of his "fax bombing" and his lies about what he "would do" and "did do" to people that crossed him. He claims he went as far as to watch the employees confused look as he closed the door and had it padlocked. This is the person that you expect me to have compassion for? Whether or not he did it in those instances isnt the issue, the fact that he bragged about it is. He deserves every bit of venom this forum hands him for his lies. Did he once consider your feelings when he was lying to you. I think not. Look at his story on "internet safety" he brags about having a guy locked up and his wife calling and sobbing. For Christs sake wake up! I see him hawking this thread and I thoroughly enjoy the fact that now people know what a true piece of crap he is.

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 05-05-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I understand what you are saying, however I disagree vehemently. Chris was the first one to post," out them here and let the board take care of them" Ironic how one would ask for mercy. Search his posts of his "fax bombing" and his lies about what he "would do" and "did do" to people that crossed him. He claims he went as far as to watch the employees confused look as he closed the door and had it padlocked. This is the person that you expect me to have compassion for? Whether or not he did it in those instances isnt the issue, the fact that he bragged about it is. He deserves every bit of venom this forum hands him for his lies. Did he once consider your feelings when he was lying to you. I think not. Look at his story on "internet safety" he brags about having a guy locked up and his wife calling and sobbing. For Christs sake wake up! I see him hawking this thread and I thoroughly enjoy the fact that now people know what a true piece of crap he is. Did he once consider my feelings by telling everyone that I was the liar?
He deserves every bit of venom this forum hands him for his lies.

could'nt of said it better myself
Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Rob, my statement was not about Chris, nor was it about ldd, trick etc... It was merely my observation on these threads in general. I am not asking you to have compassion for Chris.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

another interesting story

Towing (non)Accident

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was helping a friend last Friday, pulling his boat from storage to have some work done on it. We were just south of Cincinatti in N KY, heading North on 75 just before dark.

I see this pickup passing me on the right, moving about 70. As he gets closer, I see he's pulling a huge car trailer. He's swerving all over the road. Since I'm in traffic, I have nowhere to go. As he comes up on me I see it's a couple of dirtbags in a red half-ton Ford. Just as we pass cab-to-cab, I feel him hit me. I look over and the whole side of his pickup was just about sheared off, from the door back. He keeps going, accellerating off and as he does, I get another hit from the trailer fender. So, I get slowed down and off to the side. The damage to the Freightliner- one simulator cap on the front and some scuffed-up lugs. The big-a$$ lugs on the front wheel literally shredded the side of the pickup. I felt nothing more than a nudge- less than a big gust of wind. We were pulling a 40 Excalibur. Had we been pulling the boat with a perfectly legal 1 ton SRW pickup, I can only imagine what would have happened. After getting over being pi$$ed about the guy's hit-and-run, I realized I'm out $70 and get to go home alive, if not 10 minutes late. The truck has now paid for itself and its total operating expenses TWICE.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People get worked up, especially when they read something that upsets them. The CigRacing1 extorsion or the Charity bilking or the Powerboat/Johnson measureing competition or the charlatan characteristics or the condesending know it all charcteristics and so on and so forth. Something in the vile maneuvering angers people and they react and voice their opinion. Can't say I blame them/me.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
another interesting story

Towing (non)Accident

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was helping a friend last Friday, pulling his boat from storage to have some work done on it. We were just south of Cincinatti in N KY, heading North on 75 just before dark.

I see this pickup passing me on the right, moving about 70. As he gets closer, I see he's pulling a huge car trailer. He's swerving all over the road. Since I'm in traffic, I have nowhere to go. As he comes up on me I see it's a couple of dirtbags in a red half-ton Ford. Just as we pass cab-to-cab, I feel him hit me. I look over and the whole side of his pickup was just about sheared off, from the door back. He keeps going, accellerating off and as he does, I get another hit from the trailer fender. So, I get slowed down and off to the side. The damage to the Freightliner- one simulator cap on the front and some scuffed-up lugs. The big-a$$ lugs on the front wheel literally shredded the side of the pickup. I felt nothing more than a nudge- less than a big gust of wind. We were pulling a 40 Excalibur. Had we been pulling the boat with a perfectly legal 1 ton SRW pickup, I can only imagine what would have happened. After getting over being pi$$ed about the guy's hit-and-run, I realized I'm out $70 and get to go home alive, if not 10 minutes late. The truck has now paid for itself and its total operating expenses TWICE.
Here is the actual Police video of that incident........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKnFLPV2yDY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.