I found a nice article on SOS >

I found a nice article on SOS

Notices

I found a nice article on SOS

Old 05-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Well.....just go to HERE and you should be able to set what YOU want.
And guess what? you can do the same thing at Serious too

And BAM! You haters!
Old 05-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MacGyver
And guess what? you can do the same thing at Serious too

And BAM! hahahaha!

That's nice......so why all the "BAM" when people have different page settings? LOL
Old 05-06-2010, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,365 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Since my charachter has now been called in question, let me save you a little time.....

I have had ADD pretty much my entire life. Saw a shrink when I was a kid from about 4 or 5 untill I was 16, and was on ritalin and melleril. My mom was a teacher and in 4th grade I found that she had the same math book that I had but she had the teachers edition with all the answers. I cheated for a few months. royally screwed myself on that one my math skills have never recovered. Between 6th and 7th grade I started smoking dope and drinking, pretty much failed everything my freshman year. (forgot to mention I flunked kindergarden because I couldnt sit still) dropped out halfway thru my sophmore year, passed my GED somehow and joined the navy. went to basic training in Orlando, then to sub school in Ct. and sonar school in san diego. spent a little over a year and a half in the navy, talked to a lawyer about how to get out, on his advice I told my CO that I was having a little problem smoking dope and taking LSD, they sent me to the naval drug rehab in miramar, after 2 months of tratment I was honorably discharged with an RE 4 ( meaning I could not reenlist) under the grounds that my personality was not condcucive to a military environment. From there I went to encinitas ca. and lived with friends and a cousin while my derilect drug and alcohol fueled youth got the best of m and I spent a decent amount of time homeless and a petty criminal. I have been arrested a couple times for failure to appear on traffic tickets and was ticketed for possession of marijauna in this time frame. spent a couple weeks in county jail for the failures to appear. when I was 20 I was in the back of a pickup that rolled doing donuts in a muddy field, got my front teeth knocked out and my upper jaw a little crushed. A few months later I got an insurance settlement of 4k from the accident, used the money to get off the streets and joined AA. I spent a couple years volunteering at an adolecent treatment center as an aftercare facilitator. during my involvement with the treatment center I was able to attend outward bound mountineering school. My sobriety progressed, I got a job at a car wash and took a couple college classes. I was subsequently fired from the car wash about a year later. I then took a job at a hardware wholesaler where I worked for the next 13 years. around 25 years old I bought a quad and started racing. in 1988 I was asked by a friend to team with him in the baja 1000. we won class 23, thus my claim to having won the baja 1000. after I became burnt out on racing, I was asked to volunteer for the search ad rescue team. They put me thru EMT school. While volunteering with that team I was selected EMT of the year twice and became there medical director. I met the chief of the ocotillo fire dept. doing rescue and was asked to join the dept. I did, for the next several years I drove to the station over 100 miles from my house to volunteer on the weekends. I became an engineer after a little over one year, a year later I was promoted to captain. I also took fire classes during this period on my own dime. I was also contacted during this period by BF Goodrich racing and again volunteered more of my time doing pit fire safety and medical at events in the western US and Mexico. During this time I got a job as an EMT with AMR. and quit my job at the warehouse to work as an emt taking a considerable cut in pay. I was a member of an atv forum called basterhq ad became a moderator. in 2004 I moved to toledo, bought my nova and discovered oso sometime after that as well as great lakes offshore and a nova forum. I offered to work at offshore races as a medic and have since been volunteering with OPA. Serious came along and I was asked to be a charter member. I did. weeks ago when this first started happening I knew that there were some people mods that had left, caringabout the MEMBERS of serious, I offered to be a mod and subsequently became a mod in the safety section as I already volunteer a lot of hours doing medical at races, and have been somewhat vocal in the canapoy discussions (I am not a boat builder but have exerience in the kenetics of crash energy with the years or motorsports safety experinece). If I can do ANYTHING to promote/help safety in a sport that has claimed many lives, I am more than happy to do so. I am NOT a member of the board, I have NO plans of becoming aboard member. My taxes are paid, (I did get caught when I was 22 trying to claim my teddy bear as a dependent by the state of california and have paid my bill in full) I have 2 judgements against me from old bills that I could not afford to pay but they have both been paid in full since. I currently work for a hospital as a transporter and as a student nurse. I have under $500 in the bank and 2 credit cards, one with a 500 limit and one with an 1100 doillar limit, both are close to being maxed. I live rent free in a house my parents own (the same house that my brother and 3 sisters lived in when they went to collage) My brother and his daughter liver with me and we split the bills. My car my boat and my quad are paid for. My car is insured thru USAA and I am currently single.. I have my carachter flaws but I get up every day, go to school and work while trying to do the best I can in life.

If anyone wants to attack me on this feel free. I'm not perfect in fact I am problably more phucked up than most but I do try to be a decent person. I have risked my life several times for my fellow man without compensation and I continue to volunteer my time and knowledge to help my fellow man.
I've always thought you were a stand up guy, although little means, you do well with what you have. Congrats.

I'll ask one question, did you buy a raffle ticket? if So Chris didn't have a problem stealing your hard earned money did he?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 1,000 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
Phragle.... i'd like to send you and a date to Ruth's Chris, anywhere in the country, on my dime..

God bless you man..

I have a brother like you...

+1.....classy move Buizilla!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
Phragle.... i'd like to send you and a date to Ruth's Chris, anywhere in the country, on my dime..

God bless you man..

I have a brother like you...
Class act.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Point of fact...............In the middle of this serious topic..you yourself are posting pictures of a fu cking PENGUIN.
Don't be dissin the PENGUIN there Bubba!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by phragle
Since my charachter has now been called in question, let me save you a little time.....

I have had ADD pretty much my entire life. Saw a shrink when I was a kid from about 4 or 5 untill I was 16, and was on ritalin and melleril. My mom was a teacher and in 4th grade I found that she had the same math book that I had but she had the teachers edition with all the answers. I cheated for a few months. royally screwed myself on that one my math skills have never recovered. Between 6th and 7th grade I started smoking dope and drinking, pretty much failed everything my freshman year. (forgot to mention I flunked kindergarden because I couldnt sit still) dropped out halfway thru my sophmore year, passed my GED somehow and joined the navy. went to basic training in Orlando, then to sub school in Ct. and sonar school in san diego. spent a little over a year and a half in the navy, talked to a lawyer about how to get out, on his advice I told my CO that I was having a little problem smoking dope and taking LSD, they sent me to the naval drug rehab in miramar, after 2 months of tratment I was honorably discharged with an RE 4 ( meaning I could not reenlist) under the grounds that my personality was not condcucive to a military environment. From there I went to encinitas ca. and lived with friends and a cousin while my derilect drug and alcohol fueled youth got the best of m and I spent a decent amount of time homeless and a petty criminal. I have been arrested a couple times for failure to appear on traffic tickets and was ticketed for possession of marijauna in this time frame. spent a couple weeks in county jail for the failures to appear. when I was 20 I was in the back of a pickup that rolled doing donuts in a muddy field, got my front teeth knocked out and my upper jaw a little crushed. A few months later I got an insurance settlement of 4k from the accident, used the money to get off the streets and joined AA. I spent a couple years volunteering at an adolecent treatment center as an aftercare facilitator. during my involvement with the treatment center I was able to attend outward bound mountineering school. My sobriety progressed, I got a job at a car wash and took a couple college classes. I was subsequently fired from the car wash about a year later. I then took a job at a hardware wholesaler where I worked for the next 13 years. around 25 years old I bought a quad and started racing. in 1988 I was asked by a friend to team with him in the baja 1000. we won class 23, thus my claim to having won the baja 1000. after I became burnt out on racing, I was asked to volunteer for the search ad rescue team. They put me thru EMT school. While volunteering with that team I was selected EMT of the year twice and became there medical director. I met the chief of the ocotillo fire dept. doing rescue and was asked to join the dept. I did, for the next several years I drove to the station over 100 miles from my house to volunteer on the weekends. I became an engineer after a little over one year, a year later I was promoted to captain. I also took fire classes during this period on my own dime. I was also contacted during this period by BF Goodrich racing and again volunteered more of my time doing pit fire safety and medical at events in the western US and Mexico. During this time I got a job as an EMT with AMR. and quit my job at the warehouse to work as an emt taking a considerable cut in pay. I was a member of an atv forum called basterhq ad became a moderator. in 2004 I moved to toledo, bought my nova and discovered oso sometime after that as well as great lakes offshore and a nova forum. I offered to work at offshore races as a medic and have since been volunteering with OPA. Serious came along and I was asked to be a charter member. I did. weeks ago when this first started happening I knew that there were some people mods that had left, caringabout the MEMBERS of serious, I offered to be a mod and subsequently became a mod in the safety section as I already volunteer a lot of hours doing medical at races, and have been somewhat vocal in the canapoy discussions (I am not a boat builder but have exerience in the kenetics of crash energy with the years or motorsports safety experinece). If I can do ANYTHING to promote/help safety in a sport that has claimed many lives, I am more than happy to do so. I am NOT a member of the board, I have NO plans of becoming aboard member. My taxes are paid, (I did get caught when I was 22 trying to claim my teddy bear as a dependent by the state of california and have paid my bill in full) I have 2 judgements against me from old bills that I could not afford to pay but they have both been paid in full since. I currently work for a hospital as a transporter and as a student nurse. I have under $500 in the bank and 2 credit cards, one with a 500 limit and one with an 1100 doillar limit, both are close to being maxed. I live rent free in a house my parents own (the same house that my brother and 3 sisters lived in when they went to collage) My brother and his daughter liver with me and we split the bills. My car my boat and my quad are paid for. My car is insured thru USAA and I am currently single.. I have my carachter flaws but I get up every day, go to school and work while trying to do the best I can in life.

If anyone wants to attack me on this feel free. I'm not perfect in fact I am problably more phucked up than most but I do try to be a decent person. I have risked my life several times for my fellow man without compensation and I continue to volunteer my time and knowledge to help my fellow man.
If you ever find yourself at LOTO and need and place to stay or a boat to drive, let me know.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
That's nice......so why all the "BAM" when people have different page settings? LOL
It's fun. Isn't that why we spend time on these forums? To interact with like minded people? You have been dissing my whole group of friends with little shots every chance you get. If you haven't noticed, most of us have taken a step back, and are waiting to see what happens to SOS. I agree with Rob's (Phragle for those of you who don't know him as Rob) position on SOS completely. As twisted as he is, he is making complete since on this subject. SOS is NOT about Chris Sunkin. It IS about the great people who made it the place it is.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Buiz and Steve. Thank you for you comments.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidmnc
It's fun. Isn't that why we spend time on these forums? To interact with like minded people? You have been dissing my whole group of friends with little shots every chance you get. If you haven't noticed, most of us have taken a step back, and are waiting to see what happens to SOS. I agree with Rob's (Phragle for those of you who don't know him as Rob) position on SOS completely. As twisted as he is, he is making complete since on this subject. SOS is NOT about Chris Sunkin. It IS about the great people who made it the place it is.
David gets it. Three and a half weeks later, but non the less he finally he gets it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.