I found a nice article on SOS >

I found a nice article on SOS

Notices

I found a nice article on SOS

Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sometimes it's pretty darn hard to understand where someone's coming from on the internet. You explained your position to a T Phragle. I understand it now, and apologize if I had some knee-jerk reaction earlier on. I doubt your friends deserve you.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phragle
Since my charachter has now been called in question, let me save you a little time.....

I have had ADD pretty much my entire life. Saw a shrink when I was a kid from about 4 or 5 untill I was 16, and was on ritalin and melleril. My mom was a teacher and in 4th grade I found that she had the same math book that I had but she had the teachers edition with all the answers. I cheated for a few months. royally screwed myself on that one my math skills have never recovered. Between 6th and 7th grade I started smoking dope and drinking, pretty much failed everything my freshman year. (forgot to mention I flunked kindergarden because I couldnt sit still) dropped out halfway thru my sophmore year, passed my GED somehow and joined the navy. went to basic training in Orlando, then to sub school in Ct. and sonar school in san diego. spent a little over a year and a half in the navy, talked to a lawyer about how to get out, on his advice I told my CO that I was having a little problem smoking dope and taking LSD, they sent me to the naval drug rehab in miramar, after 2 months of tratment I was honorably discharged with an RE 4 ( meaning I could not reenlist) under the grounds that my personality was not condcucive to a military environment. From there I went to encinitas ca. and lived with friends and a cousin while my derilect drug and alcohol fueled youth got the best of m and I spent a decent amount of time homeless and a petty criminal. I have been arrested a couple times for failure to appear on traffic tickets and was ticketed for possession of marijauna in this time frame. spent a couple weeks in county jail for the failures to appear. when I was 20 I was in the back of a pickup that rolled doing donuts in a muddy field, got my front teeth knocked out and my upper jaw a little crushed. A few months later I got an insurance settlement of 4k from the accident, used the money to get off the streets and joined AA. I spent a couple years volunteering at an adolecent treatment center as an aftercare facilitator. during my involvement with the treatment center I was able to attend outward bound mountineering school. My sobriety progressed, I got a job at a car wash and took a couple college classes. I was subsequently fired from the car wash about a year later. I then took a job at a hardware wholesaler where I worked for the next 13 years. around 25 years old I bought a quad and started racing. in 1988 I was asked by a friend to team with him in the baja 1000. we won class 23, thus my claim to having won the baja 1000. after I became burnt out on racing, I was asked to volunteer for the search ad rescue team. They put me thru EMT school. While volunteering with that team I was selected EMT of the year twice and became there medical director. I met the chief of the ocotillo fire dept. doing rescue and was asked to join the dept. I did, for the next several years I drove to the station over 100 miles from my house to volunteer on the weekends. I became an engineer after a little over one year, a year later I was promoted to captain. I also took fire classes during this period on my own dime. I was also contacted during this period by BF Goodrich racing and again volunteered more of my time doing pit fire safety and medical at events in the western US and Mexico. During this time I got a job as an EMT with AMR. and quit my job at the warehouse to work as an emt taking a considerable cut in pay. I was a member of an atv forum called basterhq ad became a moderator. in 2004 I moved to toledo, bought my nova and discovered oso sometime after that as well as great lakes offshore and a nova forum. I offered to work at offshore races as a medic and have since been volunteering with OPA. Serious came along and I was asked to be a charter member. I did. weeks ago when this first started happening I knew that there were some people mods that had left, caringabout the MEMBERS of serious, I offered to be a mod and subsequently became a mod in the safety section as I already volunteer a lot of hours doing medical at races, and have been somewhat vocal in the canapoy discussions (I am not a boat builder but have exerience in the kenetics of crash energy with the years or motorsports safety experinece). If I can do ANYTHING to promote/help safety in a sport that has claimed many lives, I am more than happy to do so. I am NOT a member of the board, I have NO plans of becoming aboard member. My taxes are paid, (I did get caught when I was 22 trying to claim my teddy bear as a dependent by the state of california and have paid my bill in full) I have 2 judgements against me from old bills that I could not afford to pay but they have both been paid in full since. I currently work for a hospital as a transporter and as a student nurse. I have under $500 in the bank and 2 credit cards, one with a 500 limit and one with an 1100 doillar limit, both are close to being maxed. I live rent free in a house my parents own (the same house that my brother and 3 sisters lived in when they went to collage) My brother and his daughter liver with me and we split the bills. My car my boat and my quad are paid for. My car is insured thru USAA and I am currently single.. I have my carachter flaws but I get up every day, go to school and work while trying to do the best I can in life.

If anyone wants to attack me on this feel free. I'm not perfect in fact I am problably more phucked up than most but I do try to be a decent person. I have risked my life several times for my fellow man without compensation and I continue to volunteer my time and knowledge to help my fellow man.
Thanks for telling us that you should be commended for all your hard work to better your self.You probably read my "about me" in the board room so I won't go into detail.
But I am sure that when I left five days later every one was suprised.I was not because I was harassed unless being presented with facts that can be bearified is harassment.
What bothered me a lot was I came into the boating thing latter than most.I am not rich but am very comfortable.I meet Chris guy has it all multiple business fast boats and start to question what if I had done things differently.Should I roll the dice sell my business and try to take it to the next level thats what he did worked for him right.
Not that it is a judge of a man but I was ahead of him all along,and so were you we just did not know it.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidmnc
It's fun. Isn't that why we spend time on these forums? To interact with like minded people? You have been dissing my whole group of friends with little shots every chance you get. If you haven't noticed, most of us have taken a step back, and are waiting to see what happens to SOS. I agree with Rob's (Phragle for those of you who don't know him as Rob) position on SOS completely. As twisted as he is, he is making complete since on this subject. SOS is NOT about Chris Sunkin. It IS about the great people who made it the place it is.
David....I just don't understand the fun I guess.....especially when users have different page lengths. How have I dissed your whole group of friends? This is all about Chris Sunkin. SOS was about the users and the original thought for the site. That is all but destroyed by the actions, deceit and history of Chris Sunkin. Sorry he screwed it up for you and everyone else. Keep in mind that OSO is a great place to interact with boat heads from everywhere too!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Serious was a great place. I think it comes down to a persons convictions and character whether they choose to support the con man or not. Justify it any way you like, but at the end of the day what you are doing is enabling. If there's a gas station that gives out free gas but is owned by a terrorist do you use it. "Hey I know he's a bad guy but i can fill up whenever I want". If what sunkin has done or who he is doesn't bother you then that's one thing, but if it does and you're pissed then get proactive. I'm sure you could get some good threads going in the bilge, bring all your friends and meet some new ones. I haven't noticed any hostility since coming back to OSO. Sure there's a couple know it alls and plenty of smart azzes! but it's really no different then there other then missing a bunch of familair faces. So get off your asses and jump in, the water's warm. Could just be the Jack talkin but it makes sense to me.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I would imagine that as more people state it's Not About CS, he will tire of that and go away. Probably with the web site so he doesn't lose face, "in his mind".

I doubt he'd have the decency to just give it up is what I mean to say.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
David....I just don't understand the fun I guess.....especially when users have different page lengths. How have I dissed your whole group of friends? This is all about Chris Sunkin. SOS was about the users and the original thought for the site. That is all but destroyed by the actions, deceit and history of Chris Sunkin. Sorry he screwed it up for you and everyone else. Keep in mind that OSO is a great place to interact with boat heads from everywhere too!
You have thrown several shots at the Ho's. It's cool you don't understand the fun. We all have our pages lengths set at 20. I didn't even realize it could be changed. Did Chris screw it up for every one? Probably Is OSO a great place to interact with boat heads from everywhere? Absolutely. Is it the right place for the Ho's? Every one knows where to find us.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:09 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

SOS was a great place to hang, talk openly and be yourself. It is a shame what has happened to the site, it felt like it was our place, we could talk freely, be ourselve's and have a good time. It was a site for the members, and everyone felt welcome! I really believe Alec and the other founders, members were trying to save our playground, not doing a hostile takeover!! They wanted to continue what we all enjoyed, not have it destroyed by the lie's Chris told. It just goes to show that Chris does not care about the other members or the site, I guess he will go down with his ship. It is sad to see a great place be smeared and destroyed by one person who believe's his lie's. I guess Chris will be all alone on the dock this year with his life jacket and no one to give him a free boat ride!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Page down to the bottom of the first post.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=130695
Old 05-07-2010, 05:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,365 Likes on 464 Posts

You have thrown several shots at the Ho's. It's cool you don't understand the fun. We all have our pages lengths set at 20. I didn't even realize it could be changed. Did Chris screw it up for every one? Probably Is OSO a great place to interact with boat heads from everywhere? Absolutely. Is it the right place for the Ho's? Every one knows where to find us.
Tell ya what David ..there is a section here called the bilge...go in there and hit a button called new thread...and just for Frankie start a thread called "Post Ho's playground/raise your post count" Even though it isn't my type of thread I will click on it and have some belly laughs. There is noone or nothing stopping you "ho's from enjoying OSO again...now ho away
Old 05-07-2010, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

. SOS is NOT about Chris Sunkin. It IS about the great people who made it the place it is.
And thats exactly why Alec, Ted, Craig and Nick tried to discreetly buy out CS and have him and his life long ( FABRICATED HISTORY OF GREATNESS ) go the FiretrUCK away. Chris's GIGANTIC EGO is what will destroy Serious. Nothing more, nothing less. He thinks he is so much smarter than everyone else and that he can make all the proof of his wrong doings, including forged bank documents just disappear by ignoring the facts and side stepping every question with spin and even MORE LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sat back and watched his antics in the boardroom before he made any and all proof of EVERYTHING that had ever been posted in there vanish to cover his own azz.

He claimed in three different threads that the charity had been paid by cheque, bank draft and wireless money transfer. He was f in up his own tale of lies by forgetting that he already used some other lies while answering me, Tommy Gun and Cosmic about the same questions.

He diverted by going on a personal attack rampage against Alec the Evil and his lemmings.

He proved through his own words that he was losing control of his own FABRICATED story.

The death of SERIOUS will lie directly at the feet of the lieing POS that sstarted it, recruited a group of good people and a few less savoury ones and BS'd us all into building a great web site while he practically did nothing himself yet happily took the credit in print for it.

He used each and evey one of us to help him build up his FABRICATED image as someone in the offshore world.

He lied from day one and is still lieing about everything right now in an attempt to keep his minions under control.

Those of us, the board members and moderators that left Serious did so because we refused to be involved in his SHAM. We refused to prop up his LIES and DECIET any longer.

Serious might not have been about Chris Sunkin BUT, because of his ego, the death of Serious will be ONLY about Chris Sunkin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.