Sunkin Ejection Stories

Notices

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Old 06-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Sunkin will use every move possible to hang on to SOS. There is no way that he has given up. If he isnt going to share in whatever $$$ can be generated he has lost his last chance to earn money through his method of deception.
I'm sure he can't believe the Golden Goose is almost cooked. And harder yet to accept the fact that he put it in the oven! LOL!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
Rob, my password was stolen from HERE... not there..

I have enjoyed BOTH sites, and will continue to do so as *I* choose. I still think the 2 sites can co-exist, and feed off each other productively. I just don't play well with this destruction agenda platform going on back and forth. There are GOOD people in both places. I fully intend to learn, share, and post in both places without bias or malice.

thanx for the kind words..
I think at this point, many in the know think of SOS as taking your kids to a fun park owned by a pedophile.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
Phragle, you're an inspiration. We should create the "Metaphor of the Week" poll.

I try, studying for a cardiology midterm, what few braincells I have left hurt. So it's much eaiser to explain by reference/metaphor, thats one of the things I use studying and my brain is kind of stuck in that mode right now.

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
This shows what this site is and what we strove for over there, great post Jim.

I have a question for the masses, now that a good amount of people know, why cant you guys post here and further this site down the road, the original hurdles from IB have long been overcome and OSO has plenty of seasoned quality members while we weeded out a few and many new ones coming daily. Why try to resuscitate a tainted dying site when everything needed is here? including but not limited to years of history and knowledge a click away. I honestly wonder every time a question gets asked over there, how many searches here are que'd for the answer, I'm pretty sure it's way more than one would think ..My vote is stay here take your shoes off and relax, post away...
Rob, To answer your question.... We have talked in person, pm'd and talked online, So you know I have kind of a different sense of humor. It goes over much better over there. I really kind of have to restrain that here as it doesnt go over as well it seems. I have friends over there I talk to, I have friends ove here I talk to... I am not supporting Sunkin, not waving a sunkin flag. You know my feelings about it as well as anybody and I know yours. The fact that you and I have slightly different opinions on the matter, but can sit down and have a beer is one of the things I really respect about you. I have met and talked to you and Jay, Racegirl and many others since this whole thing started and the fact that you all have treated me as a person and not an issue or some kind of communist sympathizer is most definitly appreciated. It would truely be a wonderfull thing if all my boating and internet friends were in one place, and I felt free to be my normal semi intelligent jackazz self, but thats about as likely as unification in offshore racing.

Maybe I need a T-shirt that says "United we talk about boats, stuffed penguins, claymates and drnken jackassery"
Old 06-21-2010, 09:13 PM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I have a question for the masses, now that a good amount of people know, why cant you guys post here and further this site down the road...My vote is stay here take your shoes off and relax, post away...
Rob, I've been a member here since 12/03 most of that time a paying member. I don't post here often because I've never felt welcomed or comfortable here. I can't really explain why, but I feel like I don't belong here. Not just from the IB years either. It's hard to relax here.

Over there, never paid a dime for membership, felt welcomed comfortable and almost like I was wanted there.

Adam
Old 06-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
I think the threads have done their job. CS hasn't reponded to a single thread in a meaningful way, and nobody's refuted anything. Some of the more meaningful supporters have come on here and given up the ship. No need for those to admit anything, chit happens.
Well, I would ask the same questions there but a) they would be deleted asap and b) oh wait, there is no b)

No possible way Dave can answer what I asked without lieing because the truth is NOT what he wants everyone to read now is it.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:17 PM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Rob, To answer your question.... We have talked in person, pm'd and talked online, So you know I have kind of a different sense of humor. It goes over much better over there. I really kind of have to restrain that here as it doesnt go over as well it seems. I have friends over there I talk to, I have friends ove here I talk to... ...It would truely be a wonderfull thing if all my boating and internet friends were in one place, and I felt free to be my normal semi intelligent jackazz self, but thats about as likely as unification in offshore racing.

Maybe I need a T-shirt that says "United we talk about boats, stuffed penguins, claymates and drnken jackassery"
That's kinda what I was trying to say. Thanks phragle Rob
Old 06-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Registered

I also believe that a many from SOS, with the issue being Sunkin, felt like they were labled lepers and pelted with rocks for being SOS members by many here. I doubt that being called enabelers, phucktards, idiots and fools left many feeling welcome or wanting to be on OSO.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 151 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by inbetween
Rob, I've been a member here since 12/03 most of that time a paying member. I don't post here often because I've never felt welcomed or comfortable here. I can't really explain why, but I feel like I don't belong here. Not just from the IB years either. It's hard to relax here.

Over there, never paid a dime for membership, felt welcomed comfortable and almost like I was wanted there.

Adam
Relax, Adam... come on in and have a beer!

I think a lot of the guys worked very hard to create that atmosphere over there. I also think that every site develops it's own personality and OSO's is just different than the other- due mainly, IMHO, to it's size. Not a good or a bad thing... just is what it is.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
... I still think the 2 sites can co-exist, and feed off each other productively. ...
I think I represent a few members here as a typical user. I have personally met several OSO members that I consider good friends. I also have several online OSO friends that I have corresponded with over many years.

Two competing offshore websites are not a benefit to me. The same threads are posted on each website and often go in different directions - so I need to check both threads. I need to search both sites to gather information. Advertisers need to place banners on both sites to get maximum exposure.

I don't have the time to scan several websites; and advertisers would benefit from one dominant website that gets most of the traffic. It's a win-win for members and advertisers if SOS went away and the members came here.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Frequency
I think I represent a few members here as a typical user. I have personally met several OSO members that I consider good friends. I also have several online OSO friends that I have corresponded with over many years.

Two competing offshore websites are not a benefit to me. The same threads are posted on each website and often go in different directions - so I need to check both threads. I need to search both sites to gather information. Advertisers need to place banners on both sites to get maximum exposure.

I don't have the time to scan several websites; and advertisers would benefit from one dominant website that gets most of the traffic. It's a win-win for members and advertisers if SOS went away and the members came here.
Not that Im disagreeing as like I said it would be great if everyone was in one place...but is OSO really ready and the place for stuffed penguins, post ho's and thread corruption worthy of sitting beer on the screen??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.