Sunkin Ejection Stories >

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Notices

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Old 02-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
since most everything we hear about him came from internet threads, what was he like in person ?
Nice enough I guess, but he was so full of himself that I couldn't get a word in edge wise and he wasn't in the least bit interested in anything I said when I could get a word in. Ted/Craig, you remember that weekend. I had driven from Ohio and was beat to start with and he just kept hammering me with BS about himself less than 2 mins after I met him and just wouldn't stop, I heard about 15 different stories about his boats and when I made the mistake of asking about the 24 Cig that I knew he bought on the very cheap. I was then told he had 2 377 scorpions w.ITS XR drives and everything else to redo it and that Glass Dave was almost done with it, well that was enough for me. Funny thing is Dave was there and I never saw them togeather.
I wish I could have stayed around that nite to drink with you guys but I was beat, and I don't drink because I don't deal well with the payback/next day at all
Just to old and been there done that way to many times.
We all got fooled by the nice guy act pure and simple and I miss what we had started, these sites and boating in general will never be the same for me again and I learned a hard lesson about TRUST.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Courteous, respectful, very knowledgable, well spoken , mixed along with plotting with an agenda.

Dont know why this thread keeps living cuz its all old news.
Perhaps its because a year ago about this time that the efforts of his volunteers were creating some great comraderie.

Of all the crap that was pulled , when one looks back its the complete disrespect of those peoples efforts that was the most unfortunate .

Some stood up and wouldnt accept it, some didnt.

Such is life.

Sad
Amen
enough said
Old 02-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Courteous, respectful, very knowledgable, well spoken , mixed along with plotting with an agenda.

Perhaps its because a year ago about this time that the efforts of his volunteers were creating some great comraderie.

Of all the crap that was pulled , when one looks back its the complete disrespect of those peoples efforts that was the most unfortunate .

Such is life.

Sad
I guess it's still a bit puzzling to everyone. There's always disagreement in technical areas, and he was proven (or thought) wrong in some of them. But reading many of his posts on various threads, he was not only articulate, but many of his responses indicated some pretty deep rooted knowledge. I mean, this wasn't just someone that read a lot of google searches and became wise. I'm just thinking that, regardless of his personal actions, he's certainly nobody's fool off the street.

He obviously had some financial problems, and nobody has suggested a real job at any time they knew him. I wonder how long he's been on the con man path? Yet, most seemed to like him. I wonder if the SOS gang just feels sorry for him? Sometimes you just don't know how intelligent people turn out to be what they are. It sounds to me like his yearning to be Perceived as important and successful won out over his apparent ability to be just that. There's still time for everyone.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Psychologists tell us that we lie because we are fearful of the consequences of telling the truth. Guilt bears a heavy burden on those who live into it, so people lie to avoid looking stupid, or incompetent, or so someone won’t get angry at them.

There are other reasons why people lie. People are afraid of being punished. They may feel embarrassed, they may loose face, status, or they might not get what they want, as many liars lie to manipulate people.

Liars think they are protecting themselves, but that kind of payoff obliterates the meager benefits listed above and it can be devastating to one’s health and happiness.

Remember, whether you call them fibs, white lies, or exaggerations, if it isn’t the whole truth..it’s a lie.

We don't often realize that something as simple as the words we chose, can make us ill, but it's true. Lies will eventually eat you alive; the truth will support and nourish your mind, body and spirit.

So don’t jeopardize your mental and physical well-being by letting fear rule your actions and choice of words. Lies will enslave you...and as the saying goes, "The truth will set you free".
Old 02-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Psychologists tell us that we lie because we are fearful of the consequences of telling the truth. Guilt bears a heavy burden on those who live into it, so people lie to avoid looking stupid, or incompetent, or so someone won’t get angry at them.

There are other reasons why people lie. People are afraid of being punished. They may feel embarrassed, they may loose face, status, or they might not get what they want, as many liars lie to manipulate people.

Liars think they are protecting themselves, but that kind of payoff obliterates the meager benefits listed above and it can be devastating to one’s health and happiness.

Remember, whether you call them fibs, white lies, or exaggerations, if it isn’t the whole truth..it’s a lie.

We don't often realize that something as simple as the words we chose, can make us ill, but it's true. Lies will eventually eat you alive; the truth will support and nourish your mind, body and spirit.

So don’t jeopardize your mental and physical well-being by letting fear rule your actions and choice of words. Lies will enslave you...and as the saying goes, "The truth will set you free".
Nice way to put it KC.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,365 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
I guess it's still a bit puzzling to everyone. There's always disagreement in technical areas, and he was proven (or thought) wrong in some of them. But reading many of his posts on various threads, he was not only articulate, but many of his responses indicated some pretty deep rooted knowledge. I mean, this wasn't just someone that read a lot of google searches and became wise. I'm just thinking that, regardless of his personal actions, he's certainly nobody's fool off the street.

He obviously had some financial problems, and nobody has suggested a real job at any time they knew him. I wonder how long he's been on the con man path? Yet, most seemed to like him. I wonder if the SOS gang just feels sorry for him? Sometimes you just don't know how intelligent people turn out to be what they are. It sounds to me like his yearning to be Perceived as important and successful won out over his apparent ability to be just that. There's still time for everyone.
there are women that marry serial killer in prison as well. the facts are as well spoken and easy going as he tried to portray, his world in my opinion has been in shambles for years. After I initially wrote him, his initial response was to blow it off, but as the letter circulated and people became aware of it, he became angry and sent me a letter threatening to sue me for slander and libel, he even tried to quote Maryland law to me to bolster his position. When your whole life is portrayed as a lie, how can one not wonder when it is going to catch up? To me he has severe emotional issues with every aspect of his life. Even in my original letter I told him why lie? we would have accepted him. I'll be the first to admit I'm one of the most gullible people out there, I don't lie, so I don't know why people lie to me, I'm not real concerned about how much money people have, what type of boat nor do I brag about the minimal things in my life that I have accomplished or attained. He had his chance to come clean with many people, but wouldn't. The repercussions from this fall directly on him, no one else. When he threatened to sue me, my response was, "dude, they were your quotes, not mine, do what you have to do"

Ultimately no one knew or expected his lies to be as deep as it was. However we collectively as site users unselfishly allowed someone to be our friend and be a part of an online and often in person community to be lied to and misled...That's his loss, some of my best friends I have met through here..Karma is indeed a b!tch...
Old 02-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Registered

I haven't been a member a long time, but have been lurking and reading OSO for years. What Sunkin did was wrong, but it was also dangerous. He gave a hell of alot of advice to members. Let's face it, these are not toys. Some owners boats on OSO are capable of speeds WELL north of 100 mph.

The point is, he gave a lot of advice to members, some of it good, but how much was bad? Recommending certain mechincal and technical setups on these boats can be a serious issues. The wrong setup on a 140 mph boat could get someone hurt, or worse. These are up to 50 ft boats with 1000's of hp and not RC boats by anymeans. And not everyone who buys one of these has vast experince in setting them up and operating them.

Sunkin seemed to know everything about everything, from pistons to props to huffers to compression ratios. He obviously knew the terminology, but how much did he actaully know about application? It worries me some of the advice he gave to people who really thought he was an expert. I read many of his posts and I always thought 3 things. 1. He knew too much about everything. 2. He was arrogant as hell and he made it sound like if you disagreed with him, you were immediatly wrong. 3. He was/is a complete tool. This was before the issues last year.

Me, I do most of my own work. If I need advice, I will get it from someone who actually has vast expience in the industry and has owned a boat, not someone who lied about it.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Registered

Quote:
He said: "Never trust a guy that doesn't drink or can't handle his liquor". That proved to be VERY true.

Based on that, I must be the most trustworthy guy on this board!!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
Quote:
He said: "Never trust a guy that doesn't drink or can't handle his liquor". That proved to be VERY true.

Based on that, I must be the most trustworthy guy on this board!!
LOL...that's a bold statement in this crowd. I may have ya beat.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

Such is life.

Sad
Alec,
Yes it's all old news but as long as this thread continues Sunkin is out of business in the boating community. Also, I realized no one ever discussed his in person style and thought it merited discussion as good information regarding that type personality.
Take care,
ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.