Notices

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
MikeyFin
I missed this post.
I meant Skunkin...and was comparing him unfairly to Fred Cecil. What a dishonor to Fred that was! Fred only conned hard working healthy adults. Stinkin bilked a charity for sick children. That's a real bilge rat!
And this isn't going away! I don't care how many human shields from SOS come on here and wipe this Sunkin stench all over themselves attempting to remove it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG7aS07dAN0

I was making a smirky remark.... and can nothing but agree.
I used to run a vacation center for cancer foundation once in my life that included a lot of children that we provided some light and joy in their days of pain.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Same raffle. The prize was the room at KW.
Maybe thats the confusion.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
That's another one of his long-time boating friends.....that's never seen him in his own boat.
For the record Old School is being facetious; CS is NOT a long-time boating friend. I met him for the first time in Key West 2008.

This part is true: I have never seen Chris in his own boat.

I put in alot of promotional effort over there and can relate to those who put in even more time thru moderation, etc. only to end up with a credibility problem. The site may survive but will forever be tainted. The whole issue is really sad for all involved and unfortunate to say the least. Fortunately I've been getting busier with work opportunities and have less time for all this...and its time to go boating. I'm really looking forward to the Florida next month.

Last edited by omerta one; 05-24-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Same raffle. The prize was the room at KW.
Maybe thats the confusion.
Ok that's what I thought, I also remember at the party there was a banner that people signed and based on the amount a signatures a donation was to be made to Make a Wish, it should have been in the area of $700.00. Was that money donated and did the site pay it or did someone personally cover that.

SOS did have a lot of volunteers at Key West, but most of those people go anyway. I do think being tied to OSO made it more fun and garnished them more exposure than if they just went as an average Joe.

Like other members here I was not happy when I was invited to be a charter member of SOS. I felt our community did not need another forum and told that to several of the SOS board members. I felt another site would dilute this one and the new site would probably never take the place of OSO or get as big anyway. However when so many people I knew started posting there I gave in and did. Gradually I even went there more than here. I found it fun, but not because of CS, but because of the people there. So now the chit hit the fan or at least that's what some say and now people I like are fighting with each other and some will not come here and some will not go there, so LOL hindsight is really 20/20

At this point I still don't know what to believe. From people I know and trust I hear: "Chris has owned a bunch of boats, and claim to have seen several in his storage building and that he currently has a 35 Cig at Glass Dave's shop". I also recall Sean Stinson claiming to know one or two of the boats Chris had. However on the other hand I have never seen him on a boat or know of anyone that has ridden on his boat and since I attend a lot of the Lake Erie events I would think our paths should have crossed by now. I also wonder why people that have first-hand knowledge of (the boats he owns) don't speak up, or most importantly why Chris does not post proof since this goes to the very heart of his credibility. Let's face it, if he faked or embellished that he had a certain type of in ground pool, bike, or drove a certain kind of car, people might be annoyed, but not feel so duped and betrayed. So if Chris or anyone has some evidence of offshore boats that were owned by him, please post some photos or information. I know many of you would prefer to hang him, but I guess I would still prefer to find out his stories were not all smoke and mirrors, not for me personally but I think it's best for the overall offshore internet community.

I never went to SOS because of Chris and I never became a paid supporter, lately I don't got there or here that often. However I will post on there or here if the spirit moves me, heck I might even get a wild hair and post on Speedwake or Boatfreaks But no matter where I post does not mean that I am supporting the owner, manager, or a group of individuals it's just because there was a topic that made me feel like posting a reply

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 05-24-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,272 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Ok that's what I thought, I also remember at the party there was a banner that people signed and based on the amount a signatures a donation was to be made to Make a Wish, it should have been in the area of $700.00. Was that money donated and did the site pay it or did someone personally cover that.
Any more info on this charity effort? Can anyone confirm that this money actually went to Make a Wish?

I pulled $100 out of my pocket and donated on behalf of Active Thunder. I'd like to know it went to the Charity.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Any more info on this charity effort? Can anyone confirm that this money actually went to Make a Wish?

I pulled $100 out of my pocket and donated on behalf of Active Thunder. I'd like to know it went to the Charity.
Who did you give the $100.00. I remember Jay giving me a hundred to pay the bar bill

so sorry just kidding
Old 05-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,272 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Who did you give the $100.00. I remember Jay giving me a hundred to pay the bar bill

so sorry just kidding
CS, and I watched him put it in his wallet.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 346 Likes on 117 Posts

CS, and I watched him put it in his wallet.
Since I have received a few emails on this, I'll comment. I collected most of the money that evening for the banner. I had people write their names on the money that they donated so we would have a way to draw names for the door prize stuff later in the evening. All of the money that I collected went into a bucket and after the names were pulled, the money was given to chris sunkin.

That being said, it was at that time his responsibility to donate the money. I'm not saying that it did or did not go to the charity. I simply have no way to verify it. I hope that it did. Another lesson learned.... never do anything charity related without getting a receipt. Maybe someone else can confirm what was done with the money in the end. I actually have no idea how much money was collected.

I'm just sayin'

I can say one thing, I was highly pizzed off later in the evening after buying a beer from the bar and getting my change that had the peoples' names written on it with the red magic marker that I had been handing them. After confronting "that guy" and asking WTF he was doing, I was told by him that he had cashed all of the small bills in at the bar for larger bills that would be easier to keep track of. That may have been the case, but in my opinion it was a stupid thing to do.

See my signature below for the rest of the story.

Last edited by OldSchool; 05-24-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:45 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Since I have received a few emails on this, I'll comment. I collected most of the money that evening for the banner. I had people write their names on the money that they donated so we would have a way to draw names for the door prize stuff later in the evening. All of the money that I collected went into a bucket and after the names were pulled, the money was given to chris sunkin.

That being said, it was at that time his responsibility to donate the money. I'm not saying that it did or did not go to the charity. I simply have no way to verify it. I hope that it did. Another lesson learned.... never do anything charity related without getting a receipt. Maybe someone else can confirm what was done with the money in the end. I actually have no idea how much money was collected.

I'm just sayin'

I can say one thing, I was highly pizzed off later in the evening after buying a beer from the bar and getting my change that had the peoples' names written on it with the red magic marker that I had been handing them. After confronting "that guy" and asking WTF he was doing, I was told by him that he had cashed all of the small bills in at the bar for larger bills that would be easier to keep track of. That may have been the case, but in my opinion it was a stupid thing to do.
2 things..

1. I call BS on cashing the "small bills" in. Maybe it's just me

2. As far a receipts for charity. Yes under regular circumstances but in this case we should be able to trust anyone in our community under threat of having you phucking hands and legs broken if you pull that sh!t on us. I'm not kidding around.

Can't someone just get solid proof of all this stuff (or even just a couple things) and justice can be dealt out swiftly and we can move on?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Registered

11-16-2009, 11:37 PM #17
Ted
registered
Sydwayz & AT represented!

Brian, thanks to you and Active Thunder for your generous donation, glad to see you there.

I normally don't cut and paste from one site to the next. But it looks like your donation was made public, so it probably went to the charity.

A while back I collected donations on behalf of a group for a friend that died, some people gave me cash, some personal checks and one person wrote the check to the charity but gave it to me. I think it was the American Heart Association. One of the people that I did not know well asked for a copy of the receipt, when I gotten it from charity they did not include the check that was made out to them directly (which makes sense) I never thought much about it, but then a heard there was a rumor going around that I did not give all the money to the charity, anyway that was cleared up easily when the person emailed everyone that her check was made out directly to the charity. So from now on, if I give more than about $25.00 I am going to write the check directly to the charity, of course with a raffel that is probably harder (but not impossible to do)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.