Sunkin Ejection Stories >

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Notices

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Old 06-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze

Hope all's well with you, Greg. Remember when you brought down that brand new, shiny 35OL to St. Pete and we ran her all day. My buddy Ben and I were just talking about that weekend a couple days ago....from when we woke up poolside at the Vinoy and the security guard was harassing us? We said we're with the guy with the boat at the docks. He was like, "oh okay, need a ride?"
Baja Daze....good times. Remember the Baja-Scarab wars?
That was a great day, one of those days I replay in my head when its 15 degrees and snowing like hell! I remember all the amazing houses you showed me, didnt Steven Spielberg have one out that way or am I thinking someone else? Thanks again for one of the greatest days on the water, and getting me drunk at your marina. I still think about that little gator back there!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
The Apache 47 makes the 41 look like a bathtub toy.

So now you're an expert on "bathtub toys" ?

Heres is something I found the other day searching for a thread I actually laughed when I saw someone call him out. He was just a sharp tongued 'know it all' that figured out how to Google. Most people are to busy with their lives to call out every stupid remark they read on the skinternet. I cant figure out how to multi quote, this was copy and pasted.

Last edited by Pokher Ace; 06-09-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Let me ask a question here.

How many people on here and SOS do you think have missed this whole topic because they dont go into the Beware and Stolen section??

I see the changes thread on Serious and it has 1400 plus hits so it has been viewed by maybe a half of the posting memmbership.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Feel free to keep posting all of stories. Its an excellent read of what not to do.

Are you sure that he hasn't been in the synthetic turf business too? All of this stuff sounds like things I hear on a daily basis in the turf business. Things like We are the Best, Been in Business for Years, No Job Too Big, and the Huge Name Dropping Fest that goes along with it. Then I pull up their website to find pictures of work we did with our guys on-site in the pictures. Then I laugh and think people really are stupid and they think that you are as stupid as they are.

I don't blame you guys for any ill wants and ill wills at all. You guys got iced very hard by a confidence man. And it really messes with your head, that you allowed someone to "take" you when you have more than likely warned others about the very same things. I feel for you all and don't blame you one bit for holding a grudge or wanting some justice!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Registered

Some of these posts have given great insight into just how much work was going on behind the scenes on a site like SOS. Most of us simply go in, read threads, chat with friends and share thoughts. But the business aspect was huge. I cannot imagine the strain that time commitment must've played on your lives. Both of these sites have been special to me.

One has to wonder if some of the major players that left OSO to work on SOS who have now left SOS will find themselves working behind the scenes at OSO again. . . eventually. Or maybe all of you relish the idea of a break. Either way, thanks for towing the line and giving the rest of us a good home site to base our social lives out of.
I know I haven't been a very active poster and haven't made it to many events. But I still talk about these sites when many topics come up.

(The conversation usually starts with " this nutjob I know on the internet said . . .)
Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Registered

You know whats really screwed up,And if anyone else feels this way chime in.I came into the fast boat thing later in life ( 2005).I come on these sites and see all the guys like Chris that have multiple business multiple boats racing careers ect.I am not rich but very comfortable and I start to question WHAT COULD I have done different in my life to be at that point.Fast forward to 2010 and it turns out I was ahead all along.

Disclaimer----- Not that being ahead matters just applys to this situation.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
I see the changes thread on Serious and it has 1400 plus hits so it has been viewed by maybe a half of the posting memmbership.
It just means it has been looked at 1400 times. Could be by 10 people, multiple times.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
Some of these posts have given great insight into just how much work was going on behind the scenes on a site like SOS. Most of us simply go in, read threads, chat with friends and share thoughts. But the business aspect was huge. I cannot imagine the strain that time commitment must've played on your lives. Both of these sites have been special to me.

One has to wonder if some of the major players that left OSO to work on SOS who have now left SOS will find themselves working behind the scenes at OSO again. . . eventually. Or maybe all of you relish the idea of a break. Either way, thanks for towing the line and giving the rest of us a good home site to base our social lives out of.
I know I haven't been a very active poster and haven't made it to many events. But I still talk about these sites when many topics come up.

(The conversation usually starts with " this nutjob I know on the internet said . . .)
You really have no idea how much time was spent in that Board Room by all of us and for the most part it was time well spent and the site was starting to show what the efforts of the few was doing for it, it really was working well and we had a wonderful time doing it and it became such a wonderful family of people that were truly there for the Love Of The Sport and believed deeply in what we were doing but you know the story about the one rotten apple.
I had no idea what I was starting last night with the Do you remember? But ya know what? That may be just what we needed to get the message out and it feels good reading what has been posted, I wish I had some more time this morning but I need to get to work or I would post a few more stories I haope to get back later and see more Thanks guys
Old 06-10-2010, 06:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,365 Likes on 464 Posts

wow, i go to bed early and all the chatty Cathy come out ..nice stories, i heard lots of them in Daves shop and then on my boat at Cambridge...thank god for drunk chics.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
wow, i go to bed early and all the chatty Cathy come out ..nice stories, i heard lots of them in Daves shop and then on my boat at Cambridge...thank god for drunk chics.
When you were in Daves shop were you waiting for all the work to come in that fcktard was bringing??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.