Sunkin Ejection Stories

Notices

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Old 06-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
I think I was banned before any of yiz.
Yeah, you were in an elite club with CUDA ,DARR and COACH.

Congratulations
Old 06-15-2010, 06:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by MacGyver
Countless hours were spent by many people creating Serious. Why throw all that away.....Chris is the enemy, not the site.

Well, as Ted said just the name is tainted now to the core audience. If I was to open up a parts business called Trick Marine, who would buy from me? I'm sure I would get a few people that only want the lowest price, but they arent a solid core customer.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 999 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by MacGyver
In other words, why watch your investment waste away?
Mac sometimes in the business world you incur "sunk costs" or dead money. You spent it on something that will never give you a return. Serious founders have gotten to the point of "sunk costs" on that site. They invested their time and efforts with no returns and now no chance of returns. I can't think of a business or internet site for that matter that has ever taken this level of a beating and fully recovered.

So if you made a bad investiment of your resources (time, money, whatever) it makes no point to waste more resources trying to recoup your previous investment, its throwing good money after bad.

The site has lost its integrity and that can't be replaced no matter who owns it.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Mac sometimes in the business world you incur "sunk costs" or dead money. You spent it on something that will never give you a return. Serious founders have gotten to the point of "sunk costs" on that site. They invested their time and efforts with no returns and now no chance of returns. I can't think of a business or internet site for that matter that has ever taken this level of a beating and fully recovered.

So if you made a bad investiment of your resources (time, money, whatever) it makes no point to waste more resources trying to recoup your previous investment, its throwing good money after bad.

The site has lost its integrity and that can't be replaced no matter who owns it.
Well put.
I have been saying same thing to my friend who has better things to do than rescue this mess.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 379 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Maybe I'm old and blind, but what happened to the "changes at Serious" thread??

Somebody speak out of turn?

OR are the changes cancelled?

HHMMMM this is odd. !!!!

Did anyone print screen it, in case it comes out with some alterations ???
Word is the FBI, as part of their on-going investigation, ordered that it be taken down. The FBI does not like having info about the daily activities of their star witness in an investigation disclosed. Just let it go IMO.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:34 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see any logical reason to blow up the marina full of patrons, because you don't like the dockmaster

then the dockmaster gets replaced, and there are a few that still want to burn it down, to the dismay of the other satisfied patrons

leave the marina alone, there's a LOT of happy boaters there, as there are here, both sites can exist peacefully, and should..

I admire Stezzy for having balls and stepping up

this is getting real stupid
Old 06-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe stez and the other serious members did not want to hear all the bull**** you idiots on OSO are creating. Same old computer comando's at it again.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
If you came home and your wife was in bed with your best friend and he got up and left would you get in bed with her?????
Touche' Tim.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
I don't see any logical reason to blow up the marina full of patrons, because you don't like the dockmaster

then the dockmaster gets replaced, and there are a few that still want to burn it down, to the dismay of the other satisfied patrons

leave the marina alone, there's a LOT of happy boaters there, as there are here, both sites can exist peacefully, and should..

I admire Stezzy for having balls and stepping up

this is getting real stupid
Well, since they took down the thread that said "There is a new dockmaster." I guess the old dockmaster is still in charge. So nothing has changed, and we still have an issue with the operation of the marina by said dockmaster.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 884 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted G
Because we don't believe CS is gone,
When there is a thread over there about what a bully and phony CS is then we'll know if he's really gone.

Last edited by Indy; 06-15-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.