Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Lakeland boat Sales, take a look make up your own mind!! >

Lakeland boat Sales, take a look make up your own mind!!

Notices

Lakeland boat Sales, take a look make up your own mind!!

Old 03-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going to get cabin fixed at the tune of 12oo bucks. Stupid me and stupid broker.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this your first boat ?

I live locally to them and I've never even heard of these guys. They must not do / get very many offshore boats.

If the rot was truely there all along, then the mechanic you hired missed it. IMO tho, a "mechanic" is only going to mainly look at mechanical items, not other items, which would line up with you saying the rot was pretty easy to see / spot / find.

As far as the title for the trailer, yes you would think they would know it needs a title here in Illinois since thats where they are based
Old 03-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jamie B.
Is this your first boat ?

I live locally to them and I've never even heard of these guys. They must not do / get very many offshore boats.

If the rot was truely there all along, then the mechanic you hired missed it. IMO tho, a "mechanic" is only going to mainly look at mechanical items, not other items, which would line up with you saying the rot was pretty easy to see / spot / find.

As far as the title for the trailer, yes you would think they would know it needs a title here in Illinois since thats where they are based
guess he out of glen ellen or something. From what I guess hes more of a middle man and doesnt actually have a lot or yard. I mean the boat was delivered and promised as requested and was in good shape minus this. A mechanic is a mechanic but I guess he does boat surveys as well. Like I said lift up bed look in hold all it would take. Like I said before too i mean there is NO way the amount of rot happened in 5 months with a boat cover and boat tarp over the boat. Again I made mistakes here but I would never use or reccomend this guy again
Old 04-14-2011, 06:45 AM
Banned

Update. going to cost a little more than expected. Repairmen verified that there was no way this damage even happened in a year. Well I tried to get ahold of the broker and see if he wanted to do the right thing and refund me at least half of the repair cost, well no answer. And his website is now gone. So I filed with the BBB, nothing will probably come of it, but at least it will be on record. Im also taking up donations, lol.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Banned

UPDATE!! Went through BBB to get a little money back and the guy refused to comply with the entire investigation. Link below for your viewing. At first I thought that maybe it was all a innocent mistake on his part, but the more and more I think about it, I think they gave me the shaft because I was oversees. Unfortunately since he didnt play ball BBB couldnt finish the investigation. Might be going to small claims court. Any lawyers in Dupage/cook county area want to help a brother out let me know. Right now i got lawyers wanting 2500 bucks to file the complaint and appear for me in small claims since I live out of state, I wouldnt mind spending a little but 2500 bucks for maybe a days worth of work I dont know.

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-...yn-il-88432618
Old 06-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Banned

Filed a complaint with the IL Attorney General, we will see what happens. Still looking for a lawyer in the Dupage County area.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
Filed a complaint with the IL Attorney General, we will see what happens. Still looking for a lawyer in the Dupage County area.
You're wasting your time. They will never get involved for a rotted cabin complaint. Maybe if the boat shipped without engines or some other instance of fraud they would get involved. Get it fixed and let it be a lesson to you. YOU SHOULD HAVE HIRED A PROFESSIONAL SURVEYOR!!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pasquesi
You're wasting your time. They will never get involved for a rotted cabin complaint. Maybe if the boat shipped without engines or some other instance of fraud they would get involved. Get it fixed and let it be a lesson to you. YOU SHOULD HAVE HIRED A PROFESSIONAL SURVEYOR!!
Thanks four your uninformative response. Its been fixed. And as I said well see what happens, and Im not expecting much but at least others can learn from what I did and what happened. And if he has a bad standing with the state he might loose business. I hired an inspection, wouldnt have taken a genius to look underneath a bed cushion.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree, you are learning a hard lesson (one I had to learn myself by the way). It sucks but honestly best bet is fix it and enjoy the hell out of it. The only person that maybe you could try and get anything out of is the guy that inspected the boat for you, but even there. No way in hell I would hire a lawer.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I agree, you are learning a hard lesson (one I had to learn myself by the way). It sucks but honestly best bet is fix it and enjoy the hell out of it. The only person that maybe you could try and get anything out of is the guy that inspected the boat for you, but even there. No way in hell I would hire a lawer.
I know I have learned a lesson and have stated that. Again I was in Afghanistan not much I could do at the time. And had to the word from the broker and the inspector who was reccommended through the broker. I know the state wont do anything. But maybe enough to pressure him into doing something. And I have asked about a lawyer in small claims and it would cost 2500 so I would have to win at least 2500 hundred to start making my money back, if I didnt win I would be tacking that onto what i paid to fix it which wasnt cheap. Ill see what the state says and maybe I can find a lawyer who wants to go in or part way on contingency of winning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.