Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Lakeland boat Sales, take a look make up your own mind!! >

Lakeland boat Sales, take a look make up your own mind!!

Notices

Lakeland boat Sales, take a look make up your own mind!!

Old 06-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't see how you have any chance of winning. A mechanic is just that. If you payed for a hull survey, things would be different. Sorry about your ordeal and it sucks, but you got what you paid for, a report of the mechanical side. I fail to see that he fact he may be a survyor he could be held accountable since you didn't hire out that aspect of his experience.
Good Luck in what ever route you choose
Old 06-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I don't see how you have any chance of winning. A mechanic is just that. If you payed for a hull survey, things would be different. Sorry about your ordeal and it sucks, but you got what you paid for, a report of the mechanical side. I fail to see that he fact he may be a survyor he could be held accountable since you didn't hire out that aspect of his experience.
Good Luck in what ever route you choose
Yeah I dont know and I agree it will go nowhere, but you know at least others can stay away and learn from this. The broker pretty much said this guy can inspect your boat bla bla and they took video and there was video of the inspection inside but the guy failed to look under the seat. Look below. The sad thing is the brokers defense was they he gave me a good deal and that it happened in 5 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qdZo_FnX5I
Old 06-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered

I'm not too far from them and that address is no boat dealer. store front at most. tried to see their website and it's gone, tried to call and no answer a few times then got what sounded like a stattic answer and hangup.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mr3dman
I'm not too far from them and that address is no boat dealer. store front at most. tried to see their website and it's gone, tried to call and no answer a few times then got what sounded like a stattic answer and hangup.
His website is gone and from what I take he didnt have an actual store he listed for people like a real estate agent might. I checked with the state and he was a legit business. Kind of thinking he went under. I appreciate the detective work. But please dont make contact until I hear back from the state, I dont want to hinder my case at this point.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
Yeah I dont know and I agree it will go nowhere, but you know at least others can stay away and learn from this. The broker pretty much said this guy can inspect your boat bla bla and they took video and there was video of the inspection inside but the guy failed to look under the seat. Look below. The sad thing is the brokers defense was they he gave me a good deal and that it happened in 5 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qdZo_FnX5I
Never use a dealer recco survey use your own guy and test boat at least 1 hour ride!Stick with small claims to do repair good chance they knew but that is under the V berth so some one missed it!Good luck fix it and use it a lot of greedy unethical people out there beware all!Post some pictures!