Notices

Roccard Engines

Old 11-24-2011, 01:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Mike, did you ever get that 24% correction factor figured out ? Haven't heard much lately about your 9-1 edelbrock oval port headed 454 that supposedly makes 745hp and will idle all day loooong

Smitty,
As far as the correction factor of the Dyno goes, if you are familiar with how the software of the dyno calculates the correction, it is constantly changing based on ambient conditions of the cell eg: altitude, vapor pressure, barometer ect. As those parameters change the dyno is constantly correcting the test to SAE conditions so it's accurate. Weather, tempature and barometer are all variable so the correction can vary in % through out the session.

As far as an oval port 745 hp 454 @ 9:1 ..... I have never claimed to produce that.

I do though have a 496 oval port, 10.5:1 600hp hydraulic engine

With rect ports that 454 or 496 or 502 can be in the mid 600s

Thanks mike
Old 11-24-2011, 04:13 AM
Registered

the only bandit associated with marine engines that are real running engines is BANDIT in NJ the old kurts marine in brick and opa, period
Old 11-24-2011, 07:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by mike11
Ok let's clear up some mud floating around in the water..... For those of you who have dealt with me I thank you for the kind words.!!! For those who have been unhappy I have always done my best far and beyond to take care of any issues at hand. When ever these threads start they are always short of ALL the details.
Offshore nice pic !!! Yes that's Dannys boat and yes that pic was taken by me and I did tow it down for him. I did go down with him.... The quote you quoted here was a response from his son on my fb pic disappointed that he wasn't coming along. Now that that's all cleared up. I did have a few other boats running with my power down there..... As far as cams never received ?? No one has ever not received what was purchased from me.!!!!!! An apology would be nice on that comment....... Of all who commented and have .02 on my and my business I have never dealt with or even spoken to other than a very few of you. Those who love throwing in their .05 I invite to call and get the details on any issue you would like to discuss.... 570-956-2840
Also the shop I work out of is not my uncles either.
Thanks Mike, I have never met you or dealt with you so my opinion remains neutral. Being in business myself I do realize that it is a fine line for pleasing people. That being said there isnt a business around that hasnt made mistakes, it is how those mistakes are handled that can turn a losing situation into a winning one. As I stated to the person posting under the bandit name lets call him Michael , should have let a sleeping dog lie, their is an old saying if you stir sh!t, it stinks...bad business like bad credit takes longer to repair than to make, little blowhards coming on the internet and playing tough guys only cause misery for you my suggestion would be for you to have him stop as you will get the repercussions regardless of his good intentions...Happy thanksgiving....

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 11-24-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

As far as the correction factor of the Dyno goes, if you are familiar with how the software of the dyno calculates the correction,
Are you familiar with SAE standards? The ones that say that any corections beyond 7% is not worth the paper its written on?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zone 5
Are you familiar with SAE standards? The ones that say that any corections beyond 7% is not worth the paper its written on?
Maybe he does his dyno tuning in the mountain tops on hot humid days.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

if ya call the B.B.B. all you will do is *****. *****. *****. nothing will come of it... keep on truckin!!!
by the way Brian how's the 39' comin along?
Old 11-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Registered

The claims of me posting data with correction of 24% is BS. I have never seen a 24% in anything I have tested. It usually varies around 5%.

The corrected and non corrected numbers can sometimes cause confusion.

Lets look at this scenario.... on the dyno, rings already seated and its beginning to repeat itself. Now we want to tune and play with timing and jets for optimum power.
Now for the sake of this conversation we are making 500 hp corrected and non, we are at sea level with optimum weather. So both sheets will be very close.

We make a change weather its timing or jets ect and we now make 505. it repeats 505 but over time outside the barometer is changing or a front is coming in and we now see it change 485-495 ect. You went from gaining 5 to loosing 15.
In the real world at that moment ...yes you are making 485-495 ...but the corrected must but be used to keep everything in check to one standard condition to gauge if your changes made are helping or hurting your tune. Other wise a change that shows negative results may could be positive but being compensated for by changing environment.

When you receive your sheet, corrected or non. On the corrected that HP number will be only that in those matching optimum weather conditions.
The non corrected, is what it was at that moment, with those conditions at the time of that pull and can fluctuate as the surrounding environment changes,resulting in bouncing inconsistent numbers when no changes are made.

The corrected number is used for tuning, and to keep things in the world of the cell the same as they do change.

All engine manufacturers rate their engine Hp as a SAE rated HP.

Testing an engine at sea level with a good baro and temp will have a very close corr and non corr sheet. Take that same engine to Super Flow in Colorado and test it you will see a huge difference in correction due to their altitude. Same engine but now with a big difference in non corrected power at their facility. So to know where you are, it needs to be corrected to the standard measuring parameters.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts

The claims of me posting data with correction of 24% is BS. I have never seen a 24% in anything I have tested. It usually varies around 5%.

The corrected and non corrected numbers can sometimes cause confusion.

Lets look at this scenario.... on the dyno, rings already seated and its beginning to repeat itself. Now we want to tune and play with timing and jets for optimum power.
Now for the sake of this conversation we are making 500 hp corrected and non, we are at sea level with optimum weather. So both sheets will be very close.

We make a change weather its timing or jets ect and we now make 505. it repeats 505 but over time outside the barometer is changing or a front is coming in and we now see it change 485-495 ect. You went from gaining 5 to loosing 15.
In the real world at that moment ...yes you are making 485-495 ...but the corrected must but be used to keep everything in check to one standard condition to gauge if your changes made are helping or hurting your tune. Other wise a change that shows negative results may could be positive but being compensated for by changing environment.

When you receive your sheet, corrected or non. On the corrected that HP number will be only that in those matching optimum weather conditions.
The non corrected, is what it was at that moment, with those conditions at the time of that pull and can fluctuate as the surrounding environment changes,resulting in bouncing inconsistent numbers when no changes are made.

The corrected number is used for tuning, and to keep things in the world of the cell the same as they do change.

All engine manufacturers rate their engine Hp as a SAE rated HP.

Testing an engine at sea level with a good baro and temp will have a very close corr and non corr sheet. Take that same engine to Super Flow in Colorado and test it you will see a huge difference in correction due to their altitude. Same engine but now with a big difference in non corrected power at their facility. So to know where you are, it needs to be corrected to the standard measuring parameters.
Boy, you sure have a SHORT memory of some of the OUTRAGEOUS claims you came onto speed wake and OSO spouting off about when you showed up here. You don't have to explain correction factors to ME. I specifically remember some BS build where you claimed somewhere in the mid 750 hp range for a 9-1 502 NORMALLY ASPIRATED pleasure boat motor and high 600's for a mild NORMALLY ASPIRATED marine 9-1 454, as stupid as your claims were your dyno numbers were even DUMBER. When I examined/divided your lbs of fuel per hr numbers with your bsfc numbers and found your TRUE ,OBSERVED BRAKE hp was 140 less than what you claimed, before ever saying a single word I did some prudent research. I went on the weather underground for the day and time you showed on your dyno sheet, found the relative humidity, sea level baro, ambient air temp etc. I converted the baro numbers for your area to actual station pressure to account for the altitude your at. Punched all these numbers into a dyno correction factor calculator and DAMN, your ACTUAL correction factor was in the order of a more reasonable 4.5%, not 24%. When you were confronted about this your only answer was "you were pulling hot 130 degree attic air from the dyno attic" (in MAY-even though your own pics showed ventilation and it was in the low 60's outside) and that dyno correction factors are too complicated for "normal" people to understand. So 550 ACTUAL hp out of your EDELBROCK oval port 454 was more inline with what would be expected than the 690hp YOU claimed. You made BOGUS hp claims, legit engine builders and experienced members picked you to pieces, you can't come on OSO or wherever and BS about making crazy hp numbers from the same combos everyone else has been fine tuning for years without looking like a LIAR with ZERO credibility. You built a pair of 502's for a well respected OSO member, within 6 hours a oil pump FELL OFF, motors had to come back out, boat went 6 mph SLOWER than it previously did, motors finally got SO BAD by 10 or so hours they had to come back out AGAIN, at least one had virtually no oil pressure, some roller lifters were found to be in BACKWARDS, cams were RUINED, mains were all over the place, valve train geometry was waaaay off, a broken allen wrench was found left in a poly lock and a litany of other very un-professional mistakes were found. It was implied that these motors were bored out ( I was told by the owner that he was billed for new pistons,boring, a balance job etc) but they still had the ORIGINAL J/E 4.466 metric ringed pistons in them, any of this stirring your short memory?????? I saw the pictures of the balanced cranks, welding slag left in balance holes, slugs bird**** welded in them, this work was nothing to brag about!!! Everyones guess was the motor that you "repaired" after the oil pump FELL OFF wasn't "repaired" all too well!!! You can't SHAFT OSO members for THOUSANDS doing shoddy work without catching some flack, maybe YOU have forgotten but WE NEVER FORGET!!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ng-guru-s.html
Attached Thumbnails Roccard Engines-100_0949-medium-.jpg   Roccard Engines-100_0966-medium-.jpg   Roccard Engines-100_0853-medium-%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by articfriends; 11-24-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
Boy, you sure have a SHORT memory of some of the OUTRAGEOUS claims you came onto speed wake and OSO spouting off about when you showed up here. You don't have to explain correction factors to ME. I specifically remember some BS build where you claimed somewhere in the mid 750 hp range for a 9-1 502 NORMALLY ASPIRATED pleasure boat motor and high 600's for a mild NORMALLY ASPIRATED marine 9-1 454, as stupid as your claims were your dyno numbers were even DUMBER. When I examined/divided your lbs of fuel per hr numbers with your bsfc numbers and found your TRUE ,OBSERVED BRAKE hp was 140 less than what you claimed, before ever saying a single word I did some prudent research. I went on the weather underground for the day and time you showed on your dyno sheet, found the relative humidity, sea level baro, ambient air temp etc. I converted the baro numbers for your area to actual station pressure to account for the altitude your at. Punched all these numbers into a dyno correction factor calculator and DAMN, your ACTUAL correction factor was in the order of a more reasonable 4.5%, not 24%. When you were confronted about this your only answer was "you were pulling hot 130 degree attic air from the dyno attic" (in MAY-even though your own pics showed ventilation and it was in the low 60's outside) and that dyno correction factors are too complicated for "normal" people to understand. So 550 ACTUAL hp out of your EDELBROCK oval port 454 was more inline with what would be expected than the 690hp YOU claimed. You made BOGUS hp claims, legit engine builders and experienced members picked you to pieces, you can't come on OSO or wherever and BS about making crazy hp numbers from the same combos everyone else has been fine tuning for years without looking like a LIAR with ZERO credibility. You built a pair of 502's for a well respected OSO member, within 6 hours a oil pump FELL OFF, motors had to come back out, boat went 6 mph SLOWER than it previously did, motors finally got SO BAD by 10 or so hours they had to come back out AGAIN, at least one had virtually no oil pressure, some roller lifters were found to be in BACKWARDS, cams were RUINED, mains were all over the place, valve train geometry was waaaay off, a broken allen wrench was found left in a poly lock and a litany of other very un-professional mistakes were found. It was implied that these motors were bored out ( I was told by the owner that he was billed for new pistons,boring, a balance job etc) but they still had the ORIGINAL J/E 4.466 metric ringed pistons in them, any of this stirring your short memory?????? I saw the pictures of the balanced cranks, welding slag left in balance holes, slugs bird**** welded in them, this work was nothing to brag about!!! Everyones guess was the motor that you "repaired" after the oil pump FELL OFF wasn't "repaired" all too well!!! You can't SHAFT OSO members for THOUSANDS doing shoddy work without catching some flack, maybe YOU have forgotten but WE NEVER FORGET!!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ng-guru-s.html
NO lifters were in backwards !!!!!! If you knew a damn thing about the geometry of the lifters you would know that if that were the case they would have never made it off the dyno.

Second an "oil pump" never fell off !!!!!!!!!

And he was NOT billed for anything he did not receive.

That whole situation was done and gone long time ago. what is your problem with me ??? Mind explaining??

You're the only one who laces his shoes in the morning thinking of how he can further cause me a head ache !!! Look its been discussed a million times and I dont care how much you air anything out. Anyone who has ever delt with me has been happy. those who havent cause of any fault of mine I have always made good for and taken care of which is 1 case !!!!!!! If any others fell short of what they wanted or where they wanted to be were because of either not following my recommendations or having un-realistic expectations for their allowed budget.

Drop it already. I feel no need to argue with you no do I have the time. I will nave make you happy nor do I have the desire, like wise I dont want to constantly argue with you. You know enough about all this to get into trouble but you are by no means an expert on any of the subjects you discuss. You are all though great at stretching the truth and adding claims to my mouth. I have documentation to discredit alot of what you say. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS 100% true before you open you mouth OK ???

YOU DONT KNOW ALL THE FACTS AND ARE TOO ARROGANT TO LISTEN OR BE OPEN MINDED TO LISTENING !!!!!!!! OK YOU MADE YOU POINT ENUFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mike11; 11-25-2011 at 12:14 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 11-25-2011, 01:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts

NO lifters were in backwards !!!!!! If you knew a damn thing about the geometry of the lifters you would know that if that were the case they would have never made it off the dyno.

Second an "oil pump" never fell off !!!!!!!!!

And he was NOT billed for anything he did not receive.

That whole situation was done and gone long time ago. what is your problem with me ??? Mind explaining??

You're the only one who laces his shoes in the morning thinking of how he can further cause me a head ache !!! Look its been discussed a million times and I dont care how much you air anything out. Anyone who has ever delt with me has been happy. those who havent cause of any fault of mine I have always made good for and taken care of which is 1 case !!!!!!! If any others fell short of what they wanted or where they wanted to be were because of either not following my recommendations or having un-realistic expectations for their allowed budget.

Drop it already. I feel no need to argue with you no do I have the time. I will nave make you happy nor do I have the desire, like wise I dont want to constantly argue with you. You know enough about all this to get into trouble but you are by no means an expert on any of the subjects you discuss. You are all though great at stretching the truth and adding claims to my mouth. I have documentation to discredit alot of what you say. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS 100% true before you open you mouth OK ???

YOU DONT KNOW ALL THE FACTS AND ARE TOO ARROGANT TO LISTEN OR BE OPEN MINDED TO LISTENING !!!!!!!! OK YOU MADE YOU POINT ENUFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"What is your problem with Me, Mind explaining?"
I guess if YOU want to keep putting your name to the top of the BAD BUSINESS SECTION I will answer YOUR question:My problem is you emerged on to here and Speedwake 5 or so years ago with your outrageous dyno claims (in what appeared to be a ploy to sell engines) that were quickly disputed and proven to be false. Instead of admitting you might have stretched the truth ALOT you argued with well respected members and engine builders claiming "secret porting formulas for your edelbrock oval ports" instead of admitting your dyno numbers were fudged. From there you have only went down hill. When cornered on your dyno scam you went crying to the owner of Speedwake (using your paid advertiser position) and had several of the people who proved you were lying banned. About this time you built some motors with NUMEROUS amateur mistakes for a well respected OSO member. That Fiasco was well documented. If a guy is going to post false dyno sheets with grossly inflated numbers should ANYONE believe or TRUST that person to build ANYTHING??? The disaster on those 502's alone should make ANYONE that would remotely consider having you do any work RUN FROM YOU. For the past few years you have lurked on here as a non-paying member pm'ng people trying to make engine deals while the paid advertisers that have worked hard to maintain there reputation have to play by the rules.I have been on here along time, I have seen time and time again people get screwed and I do my best to keep it from happening!

Last edited by articfriends; 11-25-2011 at 07:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.