Notices

Roccard Engines

Old 05-01-2011, 02:39 PM
CNC
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99fever27
That sucks...maybe Roccard will buy the cam back seeing how long it took to deliver?
If I was a "Big time engine builder" struggling to save my reputation I would have let him keep the cam and just refunded the money.....What's a hundred fifty bucks to a "big time engine builder".....
Old 05-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike11
I am going to say this ONE time and ONE time only..........KNOW the facts before you place anything in print publicly. What you state as fact is not true. There were no reused parts claimed new, among many other false accusations by you. Now I am warning you, be careful what you sate and claim as fact. Because this is a fact, what you are doing is considered,libel and slander. This can get very costly for you. Copies of all your accusations have been printed and kept if I need to use them to end this.
Sounds threatning.....threatning is also illegal is it not??
Old 05-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ng-guru-s.html
This thread has just a few of the pics of the "professional' work that was done, the real condeming thread was deleted that had pictures of several roller lifter tie bars with the arrows facing the wrong direction thus causing the wheels to run at a angle on the camshaft but many OSO'ERS still have copys of the pics in their archives. I just re-read that thread and I had forgotten about the oil pump that fell off in the first six hours, and the broke off allen wrench that was left in the rocker nut,Smitty
I wondered were all those bad business threads went on Roccard,Wasn't there some on speedwake.com also?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roccard

Here is my story and I hope it helps out someone else from being taken over.I bought a boat last year.After haveing it for 6 weeks I found that I was getting water in #4 cyl.I took it apart had the top end rebuilt Complete compition valve job,new comp cam and lifters,New push rods,and Gill exhaust.The exhaust was cracked.Finished out the season and to my surprise had good oil pressure.I was worried about getting salt water in the oil and wanted more speed out of the boat.Found Mike on here and after some talking took him the boat on May 15th and was told that the rebuild of the bottom end new pistons,bigger cam and rings and bearings would be completed by the 1st week of june. Then after he took it apart he said he was going to cut my heads to raise the compression and I said not to touch them.He said it would save me $650 for the pistons because I had J&E pistons.I told him not to do it leave my heads alone He called to tell me he cut the heads and trust him he has been doing this for a long time and knew what he was doing.He then sent me a text with a picture that he wanted to replace the rockers due to rust on the tips.I said put on new and if it would hold up the job call me and I would bring up a set.After many emails and text messages being told not to WORRY he had it under control and broken promisses of the boat will be ready this week starting the 1st week of june,I finally got the call that he just water tested the boat and I would have to do some MINNOR adj when I got it to the shore because of the air difference on July the 11th missing 1/2 the summer and the 4th of july.Then he called that night to tell me the #7and 8 cyl were taking on water and he thought I needed a new block.He said he found it out friday night but water tested it any way. WOW.I told him not to touch my boat any more and I was coming to pick it up.We had words and he sent me a bill for extra's and over charged for parts.Try $450 for a used cam and no allowance for not installing the pistons like contracted.After being forced by the State Police to pay the bill in full with cash and was told go to court to settle it.Took out the motor to find used cam and 1 new and 15 used rockers,took off a brand new dbl roller chain and installed a single 1.Took my new good fuel pump rod and put in a used 1.I now have 1 bent valve and a piston with a nick in it.The heads are cut so much that no machine shop will use them on a rebuild.He cut the intake and opened up the bolt holes to make it fit,Well guess what thats where the water was coming from.Had the block checked and NO CRACKS.I do have pictures and video to show all the problems with what he did.I hope that my story keeps someone else from having the same problems that i did.I now have to bore the block put in new pistons and get a new set of heads and have it put back together the right way.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered

why would the state police get involed, did you have a written contract, call bbb on him , mike is a PIECE OF SH5T
Old 08-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Registered

Default roccard

I was told to go to them and they would go with me to get the boat.Then when we were ready to leave to get it the Tropper says there is a law in PA that of course Mike knows about that he can hold the boat until the bill is paid.Can't talk about anything else too much YET
Old 08-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 861 Likes on 400 Posts

There is a reason I keep bringing up the things he did to screw over various oso'ers in the past because I hate to see post like these. Some people are either in-competent or they just have no pride/standards,not sure in this case but this guy is to be avoided at all cost, Smitty
Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 861 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by innerrage
why would the state police get involed, did you have a written contract, call bbb on him , mike is a PIECE OF SH5T
In most states if you owe a shop money even if you got screwed they can hold onto your boat or Automobile until bill is paid, then it is up to you to fight it out in court. Most the time if shop is substandard by the time you get a judgement they never pay it anyways, Smitty
Old 08-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by prost61
......Found Mike on here and after some talking took him the boat .....

Sorry about your dealings. Just curious though, since you found Mike on here, did you not also read the beware stories?

wondering why you still went ahead with him.

Either way, good luck.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

Have any of you out there that say "Call the B.B.B." ever called them and had good results ? My experience is they are no value.
ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.