Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
29ft FOUNTAIN FEVER STOLEN IN GEORGIA!!!  HELP!! >

29ft FOUNTAIN FEVER STOLEN IN GEORGIA!!! HELP!!

Notices

29ft FOUNTAIN FEVER STOLEN IN GEORGIA!!! HELP!!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Life's a biotch and then you buy a boat. No wonder boats and ATV's are stolen in GA. No title needed. We have the same problem no titles for trailers here in OK. No title or tag required. They hook the drive to a tree with a chain, drag the boat off the trailer and vanish.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
butt what about his burger ????
yep, he's the talk of our town!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Life's a biotch and then you buy a boat. No wonder boats and ATV's are stolen in GA. No title needed. We have the same problem no titles for trailers here in OK. No title or tag required. They hook the drive to a tree with a chain, drag the boat off the trailer and vanish.
you need 1 of these B!@tch
Attached Thumbnails 29ft FOUNTAIN FEVER STOLEN IN GEORGIA!!!  HELP!!-rudyandted.jpg   29ft FOUNTAIN FEVER STOLEN IN GEORGIA!!!  HELP!!-leon-d-007.jpg   29ft FOUNTAIN FEVER STOLEN IN GEORGIA!!!  HELP!!-leon-d-008.jpg  

Old 04-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
you need 1 of these B!@tch
Dude... are you going to war???

That looks like some serious firepower!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered

So Justin has a handwritten piece of paper that says the boat is his. This guy or his girl have a handwritten piece of paper that says they are the owners. I'm surprised the police even entered the boat in the computer as stolen and didn't just tell them all it's a matter to be worked out in civil court. The guy or his girl are going to claim they didn't know Tahoe was stolen. Kind of like being the last guy holding a counterfeit bill.
If the boat was titled in Texas, did that owner sign it over to you, Justin?
Old 04-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Registered

Yea he signed it over to me and the detect has the copy and he also said he would contact the previous owner in Texas to verify. The detective said that I should have had it registered but I had proof of where I got the boat from and he could confirm I got it from the previous owner he listed my boat and trailer as stolen "theft by deception" I know one thing I can say is I have learned a LOT from this crap.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by justincasey57
Yea he signed it over to me and the detect has the copy and he also said he would contact the previous owner in Texas to verify. The detective said that I should have had it registered but I had proof of where I got the boat from and he could confirm I got it from the previous owner he listed my boat and trailer as stolen "theft by deception" I know one thing I can say is I have learned a LOT from this crap.
Justin,

Do yourself a favor and stop posting here. You've gotten the information out. If somebody sees the boat, good. They will post here. But you are doing nothing but making yourself seem inept and not beyond suspicion by continually trying to defend yourself. Use whatever means possible but keep it PRIVATE.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You gung-ho bandits might want to back down from advising Justin. Suggesting he head to the DMV and commit potential fraud isn't the best idea. I'm not a lawyer but he has a police report that says it was stolen, he probably shouldn't be registering it now.

in fact, I don't care how mucked up Georgia's laws are, should have registered when he bought it. Cops can look at bills of sale all day. But I can very easily make a bills of sale, put someone's name on it and sign whatever I feel like and it will look good. But if you have processed the registration through the state, it garners more credibility.

My first thought was Justin was dodging sales taxes by not registering. Apparently, that's not the case, although dodging registration fees by riding out the current term of the previous owner's registration is not the smartest idea unless you are poor. And if you cannot afford the registration fees at the time of purchase, you probably dont have any business being in a boat like this.

My final thought, with the exception of a few Stolen Threads, this site has been pretty slow all winter. Now this thread comes up and the Foghorn Leghorn legal analysts are in a tizzy. I say, I SAY. . Justin, perhaps get the previous owner involved since he is still registered on the boat (something I would personally be ticked about. . . liability). Otherwise, you should roll offline at this point and let nature, your legal team or the law take its course.

Last edited by LaughingCat; 04-20-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Registered

Why not keep beating the thread to death ?
Old 04-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Haley'sComet
Dude... are you going to war???

That looks like some serious firepower!
possibly butt u can never be to prepared in case Danny & his posse decide to roll into Illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.