Notices

Bob OETRINGER ??

Old 05-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Well, after hearing about all the people that are spending money with this scumbag, I can't find one reason why he can't pay me back the $75K I paid him to build my boat, and got NOTHIN back in return but a bunch of excuses and broken promises of how he was gonna repay me. Phuckin scumbag loser in my book, and I can't wait to run into him in person, and one day.................I will. Just hope that he don't owe anyone else any money when that day arrives.
Why didn't you take the pot plants as payment if he had no cash?
Old 05-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
Well, after hearing about all the people that are spending money with this scumbag, I can't find one reason why he can't pay me back the $75K I paid him to build my boat, and got NOTHIN back in return but a bunch of excuses and broken promises of how he was gonna repay me. Phuckin scumbag loser in my book, and I can't wait to run into him in person, and one day.................I will. Just hope that he don't owe anyone else any money when that day arrives.
Sounds like a threat to me....

10X.... can you elaborate to the board on how exactly all of this went down? I am sure we are all curious. Was it a cash transaction? Banks involved? Any shady stuff???

Forgive me for asking, I just can't imagine anybody letting someone get 75k ahead of me and them just walking away??

And I have to say again, there are probably numerous sides to every story. The only experiences I have had or seen with Bob have been above board and flawless, maybe there were some other things going on.

When exactly did he rob you of this money?? Recently?
Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Banned

Rebuilding a boat I can see 75k easy don't know either party but some stuff had to be done??I whould think he'd get legal or even worse fist fighting!OK whos bigger
Old 05-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Registered

Frank.

I just went by Bob's and had an interesting conversation. He wants to stay out of this but offers out of the kindness of his heart a shark fishing trip in SW Florida any time you are ready.

But I feel like you are out of line and need a correction.

Why do you keep saying he screwed you out of 75k when you know it is incorrect? It was $36,600 for the hull and you borrowed 75k from the bank. He never even received the $36,600. If you would like me to go into the banking issues and the BK and not paying the balance for the completed contract for years before the boat went away I will. But I would think you would want to drop it as to not look like a fraudulent d-bag.

I don't know you, never met you, probably never will. But I think you should drop it, or get the story straight. If you don't, someone else will.

If you doubt I saw the contract it was from November 20, 1989!!!!!!!

Have a good day.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thermasystems
Frank.

I just went by Bob's and had an interesting conversation. He wants to stay out of this but offers out of the kindness of his heart a shark fishing trip in SW Florida any time you are ready.

But I feel like you are out of line and need a correction.

Why do you keep saying he screwed you out of 75k when you know it is incorrect? It was $36,600 for the hull and you borrowed 75k from the bank. He never even received the $36,600. If you would like me to go into the banking issues and the BK and not paying the balance for the completed contract for years before the boat went away I will. But I would think you would want to drop it as to not look like a fraudulent d-bag.

I don't know you, never met you, probably never will. But I think you should drop it, or get the story straight. If you don't, someone else will.

If you doubt I saw the contract it was from November 20, 1989!!!!!!!

Have a good day.
There are a lot of people in Illinois that had bad dealings with Bob. Why do you think he fled to Florida years ago. I know first hand and trust me it was not a good experience.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know what to say, except that I feel bad for Bob (and any other person) who has to be subjected to some of the people who post on these boards in order to get trade references.

I am not naive, I know that there are plenty of swindlers in the marine industry. In fact some of the greatest legends in the sport that are so "worshiped" on this board had that reputation!

I don't know who 10x is, but he obviously has a problem. I have know Bob for over 12 years. (see my previous post) I found him through a magazine advertisement for his boat company. He was not secluded in some bunker hiding from his "Chicago" past. He was running a boat company and promoting it personally. Basically, he was easy to find, so if 10x truly had a legitimate beef it would have been simple to settle this matter by either "running in to him" as he so boldly suggested in his post, or in a legal forum. Apparently 10x chose neither. Also, this alleged event was over 15 years ago, if it happened in Chicago. Do you know how much 75k bought back then? That's over 200k in today's dollars. Imagine the idiot you would have to be to let anybody get 200k ahead of you on a deal with out insisting on some type of security. Yes 10x I am talking to you.

I know that on both boats that Bob custom built for me the deal was simple. We executed a contract for the construction of the boat. I made a small deposit before construction started. When the hull and deck were complete a progress payment was due. At that time a HIN # was identifiable on the hull and title was put in escrow subject to completion of the contractual obligations. The third payment was due when rigging was complete. The fourth and final payment became due and payable upon a successfull sea trial. This program was the one Bob presented to me. It is simply how he does things. It worked that way on the 32ft cat he built for me ($150k) It also worked exactly like that on the 50ft 4 engine outboard center console he built for me 4 years later ($525k). On both restoration projects he did (35 Cig and 38 Scarab) for me he proposed a simple cost plus agreement. As expenses accrued Bob presented me with the bills to review and they were paid. On a monthly basis we would do a tally and I would pay an overhead and profit fee to him based on the months work. Again this was Bob's set up not mine. We used the same type of deal to run the race team.
If Bob was going to screw somebody over I would have been a prime candidate. Also I have been around Bob at the shop, and at race sites all over the country, and with the exception of some heated discussions with a competitor at one race, I have never seen anyone angry or upset with Bob. I never had anyone warn me or tell me anything negative about him personally or his mechanical abilities. To conclude, after over 12 years of doing business, and over $1,000,000 spent. NO COMPLAINTS
Old 05-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gbochis
I don't know what to say, except that I feel bad for Bob (and any other person) who has to be subjected to some of the people who post on these boards in order to get trade references.

I am not naive, I know that there are plenty of swindlers in the marine industry. In fact some of the greatest legends in the sport that are so "worshiped" on this board had that reputation!

I don't know who 10x is, but he obviously has a problem. I have know Bob for over 12 years. (see my previous post) I found him through a magazine advertisement for his boat company. He was not secluded in some bunker hiding from his "Chicago" past. He was running a boat company and promoting it personally. Basically, he was easy to find, so if 10x truly had a legitimate beef it would have been simple to settle this matter by either "running in to him" as he so boldly suggested in his post, or in a legal forum. Apparently 10x chose neither. Also, this alleged event was over 15 years ago, if it happened in Chicago. Do you know how much 75k bought back then? That's over 200k in today's dollars. Imagine the idiot you would have to be to let anybody get 200k ahead of you on a deal with out insisting on some type of security. Yes 10x I am talking to you.

I know that on both boats that Bob custom built for me the deal was simple. We executed a contract for the construction of the boat. I made a small deposit before construction started. When the hull and deck were complete a progress payment was due. At that time a HIN # was identifiable on the hull and title was put in escrow subject to completion of the contractual obligations. The third payment was due when rigging was complete. The fourth and final payment became due and payable upon a successfull sea trial. This program was the one Bob presented to me. It is simply how he does things. It worked that way on the 32ft cat he built for me ($150k) It also worked exactly like that on the 50ft 4 engine outboard center console he built for me 4 years later ($525k). On both restoration projects he did (35 Cig and 38 Scarab) for me he proposed a simple cost plus agreement. As expenses accrued Bob presented me with the bills to review and they were paid. On a monthly basis we would do a tally and I would pay an overhead and profit fee to him based on the months work. Again this was Bob's set up not mine. We used the same type of deal to run the race team.
If Bob was going to screw somebody over I would have been a prime candidate. Also I have been around Bob at the shop, and at race sites all over the country, and with the exception of some heated discussions with a competitor at one race, I have never seen anyone angry or upset with Bob. I never had anyone warn me or tell me anything negative about him personally or his mechanical abilities. To conclude, after over 12 years of doing business, and over $1,000,000 spent. NO COMPLAINTS
Well there ya have it.

Soooooo, 10x. Why didn't you pay the balance on a contract you signed and ran from it for 2+ years??

All of us in business love customers like you, first you string us out, then screw us over ultimately.

And out of some mental incompetence you get on a public forum to blast us for years how you got screwed.

Sound like a winner to me!! or maybe it is weiner...

Old 05-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tall one in the middle rolling the joint.

My kind of man!!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Enough 4 Play;3395105]There are a lot of people in Illinois that had bad dealings with Bob. Why do you think he fled to Florida years ago. I know first hand and trust me it was not a good experience.[/QUOTE /] .......................... I witnessed the so called "bad dealings" and you guys were the blame. You had Bob build you boats you could not afford and then cried broke when he needed the agreed upon monies to complete. IMO he went way out of his way to keep you guys happy in spite of the b.s. everyone threw at him. Some of the prices he charged for hulls were so low that I could of almost afforded 1,. I remember 15,000.00 for a brand new 31(bare hull) with a bracket , the guy made money on that boat even after 5 years of use. Rigging boats cost money there not built with your dreams. (or 10x yours would schemes) Every time I went there to get advice he would take the time to help me even though he didn't know or make any money from me and I have 100% trust in bob. and BTW It is 85 degrees outside today and beautiful, so the only thing I fled away from was the weather.

Last edited by northernoffshore; 05-05-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
The tall one in the middle rolling the joint.

My kind of man!!
H@mo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.