Bent Marine, new orleans >

Bent Marine, new orleans

Notices

Bent Marine, new orleans

Old 05-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
hell of a way to get NEW customers even if your busy that is no excuse!!! kinda ashamed for the owner of the biz!!!
I ran into this kinda attitude when looking for my boat....peek of the buying season (in a down market)!! most had no time to discuss their product once they found out I had never owned a go fast.
it's their loss at bent in the end!!!
I agree, however what if he is not looking to grow his business? Sucked to be stereotyped, but listen to the guy at the counter in front of you sometime and you can understand.

I once heard a lady auguring with a guy about a boat repair, she kept saying her "uncle" said it was this, and her "uncle said" blah blah blah. I kindly asked her why she didn't have her uncle fix the boat, she said "he doesn't have any tools right now" hahahaha

Purchasing a boat is a different story IMO, and you are right if someone is shopping for a go fast all ears should be open, they need the sales. The service industry right now is not having the problems you think they might be having. Competitors are going out of business, people are buying used boats cheap. And people in general are "cheaper" right now then they were 5 years ago, so no one wants to pay what is cost to fix a boat right.

I don't envy anyone in the service industry, nor do I envy anyone that needs service on a boat right now. It sucks on both ends.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you have any idea who owns that marina?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by publius
Do you have any idea who owns that marina?

Greg Bent does. I will have to say that I have spoken with greg on the phone a few times about boats and he always calls me back and spends time with me as if he knows one day i will be a customer. He is a 1st class guy and I know its his buisness but he cant control when the service guy has a bad day, but I promise if word gets back to greg the service guy might offer to shine your shoes the next time u go in.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just wondering because I know the guy who used to own Cypress Cove in Venice said he was going to open a marina in NOLA. He is a jerk and that behaviour would be par for the course with him. P.S. he does not own it anymore and Cypress Cove in a very nice Marina and there is great fishing. Anybody ever want to go down there PM me & I'll give you my guides name.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:09 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this thread necessary?
Old 05-30-2011, 08:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

First rule of boating around new orleans.

1. Always go to Precision Marine.

2. Go to racer x6's marine.

3. if neither of these work refer back to rule 1
Old 05-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by publius
Just wondering because I know the guy who used to own Cypress Cove in Venice said he was going to open a marina in NOLA. He is a jerk and that behaviour would be par for the course with him. P.S. he does not own it anymore and Cypress Cove in a very nice Marina and there is great fishing. Anybody ever want to go down there PM me & I'll give you my guides name.
Fishing whats that?p:
Old 05-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Registered

+2 on midstream