Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Stolen Fountain Poll >

Stolen Fountain Poll

Notices
View Poll Results: What will be the final "Stolen Fountain" outcome ?
Justin gets boat back
8.66%
Justin is sh*t outta luck
62.99%
Justin was somehow involved
25.20%
Danny was totally honest from the start
2.36%
Danny gets away unscathed
24.41%
Danny wears the silver shackles
10.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Stolen Fountain Poll

Old 06-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
Alot of these cases you can probably bet the owner was in it for insurance. Boat was costing them to much so they figured they would chop it up or sink it and pay off loan or they just wanted a new boat.
And the insurance companies are getting wise! A friend of mine ripped his drive off on a rock pile last summer, insurance paid. At the end of the season he went to take his boat off the lift and his 30ft aluminum trailer was gone, stolen from the marina. He called insurance on that as well, took them 2 months to replace. They ran credit reports on both him and his wife, checked their last year tax statements, verified they were both still employed, and came to their house to make sure they were not "living beyond their means".

Had one thing been out of place he might not have gotten paid. The reason the insurance company gave him for investigating: "People are stripping their boats, making claims to raise money, then replacing the parts with the ones they took off"
Old 06-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
And the insurance companies are getting wise! A friend of mine ripped his drive off on a rock pile last summer, insurance paid. At the end of the season he went to take his boat off the lift and his 30ft aluminum trailer was gone, stolen from the marina. He called insurance on that as well, took them 2 months to replace. They ran credit reports on both him and his wife, checked their last year tax statements, verified they were both still employed, and came to their house to make sure they were not "living beyond their means".

Had one thing been out of place he might not have gotten paid. The reason the insurance company gave him for investigating: "People are stripping their boats, making claims to raise money, then replacing the parts with the ones they took off"
That's a crock of crap , too. If I pay the premiums, whether or not I pay my other bills is IRRELEVANT.

If the insurance company thinks I did it for the cash they can certainly REPLACE the trailer instead of handing me a check.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either way guys a lot of people out there have done this kind of stuff and will continue to do this. Everheard of Amway, multi billion dollar company owner also owns the Orlando Magic. Well his dad and his friend mysteriously were sunk out on a boat in the big lake. Word has it that money from the boat started the business. So it happens.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I voted for "Justin is out of luck" because he didn't register the boat int eh first place. He cannot prove ownership therefore, he cannot prove theft. It seems that the Texas owner might be the one. But he got his money from Justin. So Justin is outta luck.

The Texas owner might be a little pissed if he knew that Justin didn't register and officially take ownership. Who would have liability if Justin cause a wreck with massive damage, injury or death and not enough insurance to cover it? If he didn't register it to skirt paying taxes, why would he insure it, or insure it enough? So the injured might look at the last registered owner and sue Mr. Texas.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
I voted for "Justin is out of luck" because he didn't register the boat int eh first place. He cannot prove ownership therefore, he cannot prove theft. It seems that the Texas owner might be the one. But he got his money from Justin. So Justin is outta luck.

The Texas owner might be a little pissed if he knew that Justin didn't register and officially take ownership. Who would have liability if Justin cause a wreck with massive damage, injury or death and not enough insurance to cover it? If he didn't register it to skirt paying taxes, why would he insure it, or insure it enough? So the injured might look at the last registered owner and sue Mr. Texas.
thats what bothers me, he had or has no way of ownership. But you see this all to often you go buy something or a buddy buys something and the previous owner never titled it or registered it in his name. makes no sense
Old 06-15-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
That's a crock of crap , too. If I pay the premiums, whether or not I pay my other bills is IRRELEVANT.

If the insurance company thinks I did it for the cash they can certainly REPLACE the trailer instead of handing me a check.
very well put .
Old 06-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fountainfan42
very well put .
True, why do they do a credit report with all insurance? Insurance is a racket, plane and simple, you need it yes, but it should be your choice, and it shouldnt cost what it does.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
True, why do they do a credit report with all insurance? Insurance is a racket, plane and simple, you need it yes, but it should be your choice, and it shouldnt cost what it does.
Oh Man. You are totally speaking to the choir on that one. I am insuring the item, not my credit rating.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Banned

As long as you pay the bill the second you dont pull the coverage that should be how it works. But the bean counters have some sort of formula. I would say though people with poor credit usually have less things and dont take care of them
Old 06-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar

It's not quite that simple if there is suspicion with the carrier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.