Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
borderline824 Thornton Cutchin >

borderline824 Thornton Cutchin

Notices

borderline824 Thornton Cutchin

Old 07-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Add state it there in black and white, for Bravo. I agree. Sue the Ferktard!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems kind of funny that he is looking for stainless marine dry risers after he sold me a set look at post #6 http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ne-wanted.html
Old 07-29-2011, 04:03 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

You have that it was for bravos on paper and documented. Small claims court = easy win

Last edited by BIGSLOW; 07-29-2011 at 04:07 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 240baja
If you click the link and read what you advertised it says they are for a BRAVO. The only measerement that you gave me was the length.
Wrong again, you were given all the measurements over the telephone BEFORE you purchased them so that you could check your transom locations.. You contacted me again a few days later and said you wanted them. Your not telling the entire story, you were not scammed the details were provided to you as to what these were. I even gave you Jerry at Stainless Marine's contact info so you could obtain the layout and sketch for measuring your transom outlet height. Its funny you leave all of that part out of the story. I have made offers/suggestions on what to do. You have never responded on them. So instead of dealing directly with me you choose to complain about your dealings with me, giving one sided information that leads to no benefit or solution. Just wanted to set the record straight on that. You made a mistake by purchasing them, but you were given all info on the tubes to check your locations plus ample time to do so before you purchased.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by borderline824
Wrong again, you were given all the measurements over the telephone BEFORE you purchased them so that you could check your transom locations.. You contacted me again a few days later and said you wanted them. Your not telling the entire story, you were not scammed the details were provided to you as to what these were. I even gave you Jerry at Stainless Marine's contact info so you could obtain the layout and sketch for measuring your transom outlet height. Its funny you leave all of that part out of the story. I have made offers/suggestions on what to do. You have never responded on them. So instead of dealing directly with me you choose to complain about your dealings with me, giving one sided information that leads to no benefit or solution. Just wanted to set the record straight on that. You made a mistake by purchasing them, but you were given all info on the tubes to check your locations plus ample time to do so before you purchased.
I don't think it matters how many measurements you gave when you advertise

Stainless Marine Risers
Long risers through transom, brand new for bravo, make an offer..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You really should give his money back. Relist them for what they really are and move on with your life. If I sold you a Ford and when it arrived it was really a Toyota even though I told you it was a Ford and sent you measurements, would you except it?

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 07-29-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Registered

I like the Ford/Toyota scenario.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Give him the money back...you did advertise them as bravo and they will not fit a bravo app.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Give him the money back...you did advertise them as bravo and they will not fit a bravo app.
+1
Old 07-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
I agree but he probably spent the money and can't give it back.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

He has it in writing that it was for Bravos.

I had the samething happen to me once. I bought a motorcycle project, in the classified it said it was a 5 years newer then it actually was. After I bought it and went to buy parts for it I found out they wouldn't fit because the bike was older. I called the guy and told him he falsely represented the bike and he said it was my problem and hung up on me. I took the classified ad into small claims court with me and walked out with the money owed, less than 30 minutes later. Guy claimed that it was a misprint and judge said it didn't matter because he did not address the issue when I was buying.

He has it documented that they are for Bravos no matter what measurements you gave him. You never told him in the phone call that they were NOT for Bravos. This whole time you represented them as Bravos and did not correct the issue. It is your fault for either not knowing what you were selling or trying to pull one over on someone.

This is a clear cut easy win in small claims court.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.