Notices

Sonicelectronix.com

Old 08-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sonicelectronix.com

Just a small heads up...

I have used this company a few times. Just the other day I needed some alarm accessories and paid almost $25.00 for a 2 day delivery service on $23.00 worth of parts because I absolutly needed them in a hurry. They shipped the items via UPS Ground and refused to refund me the difference in shipping. They did get lucky and the items were delivered within the 2 day period. But what would have happend had the items not been delivered within 2 days, as there isn't a guarantee on ground services. All I would have received is a refund, which would have done me no good as I was in a pinch and needed these acessories ASAP. Not to mention, 2 day items are usually given priority )on my route) and are delivered earlier in the day (which is what I needed). But what really pi$$ed me off was, I contacted them and asked if ground was used why they still charged me for 2 day service. What I got as a reply was less than professional and was even told "We Covered Our End of the Transaction". I own 2 retail websites, I I have never used a term any where close to that......

It is a shame that customer service (across the board) has degraded to the point it has. With as many Internet Electronic Companies that are out there are plenty of other places to spend my money.

Just figured I would pass the word along to all of you . They can be a bit deceptive on their shipping.... I did post a review on their website, but I am guessing it won't be posted.......

Last edited by low_psi; 08-20-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

Attention Moderator!!

I reviewed the rules on this forum AFTER I made this post. While all information is factual, if you feel this is not the appropriate area, please relocate it.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2 cents worth.....

A huge $23 order, crap they must have had a gross profit of $5 on that.

You paid to have it delivered in 2 days.....
It was delivered in 2 days.

If it was drop shipped from a distributor or even from them, that was within 2 days ground, so what....

I got what I ordered and it was delivered within the time frame that I paid for.....

Call the BBB and recite the above line and ask what you need to do to file a complaint.

Tell me again why you think you got ripped off?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered

Never did I say I got ripped off... I simply stated they used ground when I paid for a guaranteed 2 day delivery. Ground services don't have guaranteed delivery times. Therefoer they rolled the dice and got lucky. I asked them for a partial refund on shipping. They charged me close to $25.00 and shipped with a ground service which was, maybe $10.00. I was basically making the point so others were aware if they shopped at Sonicelectronix, that if you pay for a guarnateed service there is no guarantee they will use the service you paid for. By the way Gross profit should have NOTHING to do with it. I loss money on plenty of small orders placed thru my website, but I don'tmake up for it byrolling the dice on shipping. If a customer payes for a 2 or 3 day service (regardless of ground delivery times) I ship with 2 or 3 day as that is what they requested and paid for.

It is really a matter of not getting what you paid for. The following may be a bad comparison but it is a comparison non the less....

If you paid for a non-stop air line ticket and were expecting to land @ 1 in the afternoon, and the plane stopped for a lay over and you actually landed at 5:00pm would you not be pissed? Or since you were "delivered" by the end of the day there shouldn't be a reason to be upset?

Again, never did I state I was ripped off. I simply was pointing out to other that you should watch what you pay for with this company when it come to shipping.

Last edited by low_psi; 08-21-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

I get it. If you pay for an upgraded sevice, you expect there to be an upgrade. Your right they got lucky but they really wouldn't have been out anything more had they lost the gamble. You would have been on here making the same complaint. They just didn't realize you were going to call them on it even if they did win the gamble. GOOD JOB.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Registered

Take your time and research a local business. That's how it used to be and that's what kept our economy rolling. I see so many issues with people buying product online just to save a few bucks. I know that there's crooked guys on the local scene, but that's why you do the research first. In my business, I know I'm not the cheapest guy, but I'll be the first person on the phone with you if there is a problem. My rule of thumb here is that "you get what you pay for." Would you rather deal with operator "xyz" or someone who actually knows about the product your buying? Keep your money local - that money will eventually come back to you.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Registered

Sight and Sound got it....thats where our economy and community as a whole is head--- to ****. We deal w internet co's bc its cheaper, not becuase they are better. You decide what kind of insurance you like to pay for---pay discounted rates and get substandard treatment(w people who hide beind the phone.computer) or pay reg price to deal w people of integrity. Either way your gonna pay!!! You paid for 2 day--blue label service- it should of been sent that method--PERIOD, you are entitled to a refund for the difference. I would fight this to the end for sheer principal of what was paid for on your invoice.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sight and Sound
Take your time and research a local business. That's how it used to be and that's what kept our economy rolling. I see so many issues with people buying product online just to save a few bucks. I know that there's crooked guys on the local scene, but that's why you do the research first. In my business, I know I'm not the cheapest guy, but I'll be the first person on the phone with you if there is a problem. My rule of thumb here is that "you get what you pay for." Would you rather deal with operator "xyz" or someone who actually knows about the product your buying? Keep your money local - that money will eventually come back to you.
Would have purchased locally if anyone locally had what I needed.... I needed the DEI micro Magneting loops but no one local had them. I do try and keep my money local as much as possible.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Registered

Again, my 2 cents worth....

Where were you damaged?

If you did not receive them when you expected them and what you paid for, then you would have a legit beef. Being in the customer service business, what business isn't, everyone is looking for something for nothing.

You ordered an item, received it within the time frame you were comfortable with and paid for, and now want to rat out the vendor as they ripped you off....

Let's say this Internet company was two blocks away and personally delivered the items in the time frame, would you find this unacceptable?

As of right now, shipping is (I suspect the major profit center) a profit center for Internet sellers.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Registered

You obviously, along with Sonicelectronics, are missing the point. Unfortunately, there are more and more people (and companies) who like you (and sonicelectronix) have no real concern for the customer. As long as a profit is made, thats all that matters. What these companies fail to realize what they gain short term will be lost in the long run by loosing a customer

Profiting by charging for expidited services and shipping with cheaper, non-guaranteed services is deceptive, PERIOD. If you think this is good way for a business to profit, it is clear you don't know much about fair business practices or "true" customer service.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.