OSO member The Clan!

Notices

OSO member The Clan!

Old 10-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyin-Bryan
Anyone that says Paypal is safe is misinformed,Paypal is out for Paypal.
++++++++++1
Old 10-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paypal is a f8cking joke....I have been selling on Ebay for years with no problems, 100% feedback, now with Paypal, buyers can claim foul even if there was no problem and they get their money back with the seller having to prove otherwise....sorry to side-track your thread, but my point is, don't rely on Paypal (or Ebay for that matter) for any back-up if you are a seller, I am sure they have their assbackwards policy for buyers making claims as well but it is worse for the seller.....just try and get YOUR money out of YOUR account if you live outside of the USA......

PS. It is so sad in this day and age that all this crap is going on, I attribute it to the state of the "world" economy, or lack of it...we have all been a live in the moment mentality and it has come back to bite us in the ass,,,,nobody to blame but ourselves.....I remember sending CASH in the mail to pay for items, did thousands of transactions all over the world with never 1 problem, oh the good old days....lmao

Hope things work out for you.

Last edited by FogduckerIII; 10-05-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you accept payment from PayPal for services or merchandise, you have no rights. The customer can claim he never received the service and they will give him his money back. You can send them all the proof you want they will not listen to you.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Paypal, check, whatever. Boater to boater, that's just BS!! I have gone out of my way to help people with stuff. I've met several great people here that have helped me as well. It just sucks that a shrinking community like ours would do crap like this to one another over a few bucks.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

I have sent many members some whom o don't even know parts with out payment and said sent the check when you can, I've been beat 2 I'm a week last week now fck ever1 nothing leaves till full payment and it had cleared don't blame me blame your fellow boaters
Old 10-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bowtie
When you accept payment from PayPal for services or merchandise, you have no rights. The customer can claim he never received the service and they will give him his money back. You can send them all the proof you want they will not listen to you.
Not always true. Maybe w nickle n dime shat, but I never got my cash back. Dude took the money and fell off the face of the earth
Old 10-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtie
The same goes for the credit card companies as well. They pull the same BS. I have had customers receive product from me, hold on to it past the return period, then file a dispute with their CC company. THe CC company then does a charge back, charges me a "processing" fee, gives the customer their money back and customer keeps product. It is very difficult selling as a merchant or just an individual. The world is full of lazy bastards. If they spent half as much time working legitimately as they do screwing honest people out of money, they would probably end up richer..
Old 10-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 4,727 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
Been there done that... sold a 540ci engine a couple years ago.. guy paid with paypal... then said it wasn't as advertised... BS... it only had dyno time on it. Left me neg feedback, paypal took the funds back and he kept the engine. The only thing ebay did was remove his negitive feedback from my account and did the same for him... I so wish there was another system out there to use...
Thats crazy, I can see if the buyer is not satisfied he can return the products but keep it AND get all his $$ back.. thats criminal.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Thats crazy, I can see if the buyer is not satisfied he can return the products but keep it AND get all his $$ back.. thats criminal.
Happen to me list I sai don a prop how the fck can they do that. Thats stealing right???
-Mike
Old 10-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
cant agree more...they should at least return the goods...and it seems more and more people are discovering that ''weakness'' with paypal/ebay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.