CharileM buyer beware >

CharileM buyer beware

Notices

CharileM buyer beware

Old 03-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts
Default CharileM buyer beware

This past winter I purchased a bunch of parts from CharlieM. These were Trim Indicator, actuators for drives and tabs as well as cables. I paid $275 for everything, at the time I thought I got a good deal. Then the box came. The indicator display had paint all over it. So the lens needed to be replaced as well as the card because it was for a different type of actuator. The actuators were homemade and not usable. The cable was directly connected to the trim ram which means you can only trim the drive as far as the cable will travel, which makes them useless. The parts for the tabs were broken, welded and bent! Again all worthless. So the only thing of value to all of this was some used cables and some of the display indicator.

At this point I e-mailed CharlieM and said I want to return this stuff as its a box of junk. CharileM responded, no returns, then ok, but there will be a 10% restocking fee as well as no paypal fee refunds. (we all know paypal refunds fees for refunds). At this point, I disputed the items with paypal. Charliem then offered a $100 refund and I keep the parts. I was tired of fighting with this guy so I accepted!

Now charliem is calling me a scammer and posting negitive things in my ads. I accepted a deal this guy made. Kept my mouth shut on the box of junk he sent me and now this! My words are do not buy anything from this guy. Below are pictures of the parts he sent me. The display is not pictured as it has been repaired and is fine now.
Attached Thumbnails CharileM buyer beware-photo3.jpg   CharileM buyer beware-photo2.jpg   CharileM buyer beware-photo.jpg  

Old 03-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the warning
Old 03-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Registered

I see him gettting into verbal rifts with people he has problems with. The last one was carbs I think. If you are trying to seeks stuff on here better to keep quite then have your dirty laundry aired.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, what a bunch of junk
Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered

I at no time ever indicated I would not accept any refurns.

First off told him and sent photos of all the parts and he made me the offer on the parts.

I only offered net return. What I got after shipping and all fees. I told him I would not pay for him to look at the parts and then decide.

My net on the parts where $200 after fees and shipping.

I gave half he was to ship the parts back then I would refund the rest of the parts.

He has $100 of it back and is now selling the parts.

I sent him and email and he told me the parts where for sale for $165 and for me it is $205

return the parts for the other $100
Old 03-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Wow, what a bunch of junk
I can laugh now, but thats what I said! I about blew a gasket when I opened the box.

If anyone know of someone that has been screwed by this guy have them post their story here!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Poker~N~Run
I see him gettting into verbal rifts with people he has problems with. The last one was carbs I think.
Yeah, there was a big argument in swap shop about some carbs and oil coolers. The thread is locked but still there, good reading.

He had an argument about a swim platform, he apparently ripped people off on some bravo drives or cases or something, I don't know. I just do alot of reading here......

Not somebody I would ever want to deal with!!!

It makes it hard to trust people selling stuff here when you see this over and over.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by charliem
I at no time ever indicated I would not accept any refurns.

First off told him and sent photos of all the parts and he made me the offer on the parts.

I only offered net return. What I got after shipping and all fees. I told him I would not pay for him to look at the parts and then decide.

My net on the parts where $200 after fees and shipping.

I gave half he was to ship the parts back then I would refund the rest of the parts.

He has $100 of it back and is now selling the parts.

I sent him and email and he told me the parts where for sale for $165 and for me it is $205

return the parts for the other $100
Your full of $hit! I have some of the e-mails! I will post them. You never sent me any pictures of the items you sent me. If you did I would not have purchased them. I will also see if I can get the e-mails from paypal as they are no longer listed. I'm sure paypal has them. Your scam is up charliem!

Last edited by endeavour32; 03-06-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by charliem
First off told him and sent photos of all the parts and he made me the offer on the parts.....

He made a offer on those parts after seeing the pics?
Do you have your original pics?

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-06-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: edited
Old 03-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...tor-carbs.html

Just a follow up......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.