Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
DANA MARINE PRODUCTS.....whats the deal? >

DANA MARINE PRODUCTS.....whats the deal?

Notices

DANA MARINE PRODUCTS.....whats the deal?

Old 06-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Excuses are like *******s.....everybody has one and they all stink"

Just tell the truth. If you can't deliver in a reasonable time frame tell me and then see what will work for both of us. If you tell me the truth I'm much more likely to understand and do everything to stick with you. If you just lie, sooner or later not only will you lose me as a customer but I will also become a Bad Ad for you just like this post.

Be honest with me, and even if the timing for delivery will not work, I will not be bad mouthing you. I'll be more like "They were honest and we tried to make it work, but this time just didn't happen, but I'll diffidently give them a try next time"
Old 06-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or the parts are stuck in a container waiting to be released from customs..gotta love china!
Old 06-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtie
The other problem is that everyone wants to wait until March or April to order things that are custom made. They're in their busy season, sometimes it pays to think ahead and order your spring stuff in the winter when they're not as busy,
Not in my case. I ordered at the beginning of February for this exact reason and I still didn't get my parts until May. Just for clarity's sake, I don't think Dana was lying to me. I just think he was struggling to meet his commitments; had good intentions of trying to get me my stuff, but just couldn't deliver. It was very frustrating to say the least and it got really annoying to have to keep checking in with him, many times to get the receptionist telling me.."oh he's not here, can you call back in an hour" and then call back.. "oh he's not back yet"...
Old 06-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like they're website is down.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, another week gone by, Called friday just like they said to. "oops, we forgot about you" is what I got from the woman there. Call us monday and we will have it on the way and give you tracking. Called today, I am told to call friday to see if there is any update.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Start mailing them a bill for penalty of delayed goods/services on a daily/weekly basis.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
Well, another week gone by, Called friday just like they said to. "oops, we forgot about you" is what I got from the woman there. Call us monday and we will have it on the way and give you tracking. Called today, I am told to call friday to see if there is any update.
Oh yes... that will go on for a few more weeks. put them in your speed dial list; you're gonna be calling for a while..
Old 06-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Registered

I was finally, "barely" able to get to some decent stopping poing only after 4 trips to corona and a lot of BS. It's not worth it. "some" of their stuff is decent but I'd move on if I were you. You would not believe the litany of excuses I endured. Also, he cashed my check at a liquor store and that told me a lot. Have to admit he does have a really, really good tig welder working there.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bowtie
The other problem is that everyone wants to wait until March or April to order things that are custom made. They're in their busy season, sometimes it pays to think ahead and order your spring stuff in the winter when they're not as busy,
Doesn't matter with dana. I began my SNAFU in the month of Oct. Took me 4 to 5 months to finally walk away with a min hit ($600). Yes, it's true that people wait. It's also true that someone in the business as long as this guy should know better. Not really fair to blame it on the last minute buyer if you've never dealt with it directly. Dana will put you off no matter what time of year, season, etc. He does ok on the phone most of the time and he's nice in person until you begin to hold him to "what he said".. It goes down hill from there. When Bob left is when all the trouble and over committing began. Then, it's "your" fault if you try and hold him to what you were promised. Never spend another dime in that place. Can only imagine how frustrating it is for guys who can't get in front of him.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:49 PM
Registered

Call Bob Jeanblanc @ 714-345-7746 if he still has same number. Super helpful guy and might be able to help you get what you want without messing with Dana. He's got his own business now. If I gave you a bad number try google him or facebook or something. He's a really good guy to deal with. Used to work for Dana.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.