Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
DANA MARINE PRODUCTS.....whats the deal? >

DANA MARINE PRODUCTS.....whats the deal?

Notices

DANA MARINE PRODUCTS.....whats the deal?

Old 06-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default DANA MARINE PRODUCTS.....whats the deal?

I have been waiting on parts from them since mid april. I called before putting the internet order through. The woman I spoke with checked all part #'s and said everything I needed was readily available on the shelf and would ship asap. I have since heard so many excuses and so much nonsense it is unbelievable.

People were sick, nobody knew where the parts were located in the warehouse, very very busy, a person no longer was with them so they are behind, parts are ready and will ship next day and I will get tracking info (didn't happen), and best is "Parts should ship this week so call friday and if they are not ready then they will try harder".

The worst part is that I only ordered 2 switch panels and some bezels.If anyone else made a bezel for my wired remote I would just cancel.

I am wondering if anyone else has had trouble with them or if this is just bad luck......
Old 06-09-2014, 06:32 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had similar issues with Dana. I thought I was the only one. I don't know what is going on over there. The strange thing is.. I had ordered some billet hardware from them. The parts never showed. I had a friend order the exact same parts under his name for me... they showed up in no time. WTF!!! I figured they black balled me for some reason. During this same time, I was trying to get a swim step ordered from them. I was discussing dimensions with Dana, then things went flat. Needless to say, I didn't order it from them . I ordered the step from Diamond. No problems at all from them.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Had a similar situation last year, called and spoke to the owner, we talked almost 20 minutes. He told me they have a high employment turn around rate due to peaks and valleys in the performance boating industry. I guess he has to lay people off then hire again when things pickup but has trouble finding qualified people capable of running the CNC machines. He said he would personally take care of my billet components and they showed up a week later. Not sure if this is what is still going on, but I was really mad until I talked to him!
Old 06-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never had a good experience with Dana, so now I never consider them for anything.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a very similar experience. I ordered some parts from them in early February. They told me they required some fabrication and that they would be done first week of March, then a few days in their shop to finish off and I would have them. I checked in with them the second week of March and every week it was a different excuse and pretty much the same ones you listed above. Every week, they told me... "call back next week, I will have an update for you then"... then I would call back and it was "should be going out on Friday, give me a call then". This went on for 6 more weeks. Unfortunately, they were the only supplier of the specific parts I needed otherwise I would have cancelled my order in a heartbeat. I tried to be patient, but ultimately, I told them if you don't get them to me by a certain date, I am canceling the order, I will figure out something else and it will be the last time I ever buy anything from you. Two weeks later, I got my stuff. Prior to this, I had ordered a bunch of stuff from them and never had a problem, so I was pretty surprised by this experience. In fairness, Dana's got a small shop, he did lose someone and now its only him and one other guy. I feel bad for him because he's got good stuff and his business appears to be struggling but I'm pretty much done with them.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
I have been waiting on parts from them since mid april. I called before putting the internet order through. The woman I spoke with checked all part #'s and said everything I needed was readily available on the shelf and would ship asap. I have since heard so many excuses and so much nonsense it is unbelievable.

People were sick, nobody knew where the parts were located in the warehouse, very very busy, a person no longer was with them so they are behind, parts are ready and will ship next day and I will get tracking info (didn't happen), and best is "Parts should ship this week so call friday and if they are not ready then they will try harder".

The worst part is that I only ordered 2 switch panels and some bezels.If anyone else made a bezel for my wired remote I would just cancel.

I am wondering if anyone else has had trouble with them or if this is just bad luck......
I have a couple of billet radio bezels I used for a couple weeks which brand/type do you need? Send me a PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I understand some people being dis-satisfied with some of the big name performance marine parts dealers. I personally think ,most of them are trying to keep up with all their commitments. In some cases the parts have to be manufactured .With the way the performance industry has been the last few years ,,,Do you expect them to stock every part . If The big boys weren't around, where would we be.... Idle rambling
Old 06-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The other problem is that everyone wants to wait until March or April to order things that are custom made. They're in their busy season, sometimes it pays to think ahead and order your spring stuff in the winter when they're not as busy,
Old 06-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You got that right

QUOTE=bowtie;4135152]The other problem is that everyone wants to wait until March or April to order things that are custom made. They're in their busy season, sometimes it pays to think ahead and order your spring stuff in the winter when they're not as busy,[/QUOTE]
Old 06-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nobody can stock every part all the time, but why not just tell the customer the truth? It would avoid a lot of frustration and may help get some repeat business....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.