Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Any ever hear/use an outfit called Auto Square Consign?? >

Any ever hear/use an outfit called Auto Square Consign??

Notices

Any ever hear/use an outfit called Auto Square Consign??

Old 10-20-2015, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sent Katheryn Mc Neely ,nice fake name I'm sure,$7100.00 in a wire transfer for a 2000, Boston Whaler. After two postponement's of the boat being shipped I thought I would goggle their business with the word scam behind it. What a surprise. I've done a lot of business on the internet and I have never seen such a fake website that looked so real. I called the federal trade commission and he said he was going to go after them and see if he could get me all my money back. I will not be holding my breath. I emailed him or her whoever I'm emailing and told him I would like to buy another boat for about $12,000, to see if he responds and then I would hand it over to the FTC. How do you warn as many people as you can about something like this? I've been in business for 42 years buying and selling and I still got hooked. Their English was really good for the most part, only a few times a slip of grammar. I do that myself and I've been speaking it for 59 years. I checked Craigslist out after the red flags started popping up and I see I broke almost all their rules to avoid a scam. Never wire to a third party, they say, IT'S A SCAM. The price was not terribly cheap so that didn't seem to warn me, but as I look back ,there were plenty of other red flags that I just blew off. I guess I'll just have to fish off the pier .
Old 10-23-2015, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just dont understand how someone would buy a boat, car, any high dollar item sight unseen. If i cant see the boat and put my hands on it, no hope of my buying it.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,131 Likes on 568 Posts

well this guy was telling me that the boat can be seen with appointment......it was only about 8hrs away from me so it wasn't convenient. Dont matter ive moved on...hopefully it will bring some light to some one else

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-26-2015, 02:35 PM
htb
Registered

Exactly, told me i could see the boat also, i played along the next day and said i was at the address listed , and all the sudden it was sold. Again, there are no locations. Funny, if you do a simple search of these items, you will find several same listing across the US for the item.....really dont know who could fall for this, but i guess its possible
Old 10-26-2015, 10:22 PM
Registered

You guys should hear my wife. I feel so rotten about it because I could have bought my dear friend one pill for his cancer treatment for about $8,000 to help him out, or my own daughter who has cancer and the bills are piling up also.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:15 AM
htb
Registered

Sorry water, didnt read above that you had fallen victim, didn't mean to be insensitive. That same "person" Katheryn Mc Neely had replied back to me also, but i was onto the scam from the getgo, turned it over to the FBI internet crimes unit immed also. Hopefully this page will save someone else, there really isn't much posted about it out there.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:21 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,131 Likes on 568 Posts

yep "Katheryn" also was the one who emailed me.....the boat i was inquiring about was a 29 scarab....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!