Notices

Missing outdrives

Old 02-22-2017, 06:44 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,166 Likes on 1,430 Posts

In possession of stolen goods is against the law, even if you didn't know it was stolen.

Sorry to the OP that you got ripped off.....that suks !
Old 02-22-2017, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say that its possible that the drives were purchased and the new owner has no clue they are stolen. This being said I understand this could be a possibility. So I can only ask that if they are in someone's hands I respect this fact.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:21 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,890 Likes on 950 Posts

Do not start multiple threads for the same thing in every section. The other 18 threads have been deleted.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Do not start multiple threads for the same thing in every section. The other 18 threads have been deleted.
Only took the advice from another oso member. Member said I would have better luck posting on all manufacturers
Didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess some people may be concerned I'm getting the word out there.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:12 AM
Registered

Default Missing outdrives

I understand I may have overstepped a OSO boundary in posting on 18 separate threads. But this section is a beware and stolen section and my post should be valid.

Hello All, Hope everyone is starting to get prepped for the season.

I am looking for a pair of bravo out drives and hoping we can find them somehow.
Here are the serial numbers
OW242260 and OW242267.
If anyone can find them or let me know if you own them it would be helpful

Your time is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 196 Likes on 103 Posts

Were they stolen? From who,where, what? Some additional info might help your cause.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:29 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

Where were they taken?
When were they taken?
Were they on a boat when they were taken?
Were they in a shop when they were taken?
What ratio were they?
Bravo 1 (plain), XR, XZ, Z
Swept back design or older squared back design?
Were there any distinguishing marks or accessories? (damage, repair, drive showers, hydraulic steering, upgraded top caps)
Were there any distinguishing graphics or colors?
Were there any upgraded internals?
Do you have any pictures?

My suggestions would be:
-Visit all the shops around your area and print up a flyer with details.
-Surf all of your local Craigslist and similar pages daily, or perhaps use one of the CL search engines to set up alerts.
-Put up a post on your local Craigslist sites with a reward for return "no questions asked." Such will likely get deleted, but keep posting it as those looking for drives will see your ad come up and know there are some stolen ones in the area, and you will have additional eyes looking for you.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-23-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:30 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck, mine got lifted after the thunder run two years ago, the cops couldn't even do a good report cause they had no clue what I was talking about. I had insurance but still, I've got drive locks on em now. I believe I was followed home, I left the boat outside my shop overnight same night to dry after the bath. Next morning, gone didn't even leave me a nut, tie bar and everything. Going to be someone you know or recently met, it's not like these drives can be used for something else or sold for scrap. Serial numbers will be removed, you won't get them back.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you're on Long Island you should go talk to Mario @ Island Performance Marine, he might get approached by someone wanting to sell a set, that's where I'd start.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by jtilt
I understand and Yes I get it.
The drives are missing and I would like to hope that they will show up somewhere.
If someone has taken them for themselves then I will never find them but I am hoping that they have been purchased and I can get them returned.
I know its a long shot but I wont ask questions and I would even pay or reimburse the purchase price.
For me to replace them will cost me a pretty penny so this is what I was hoping for and the fact that I have a broken up mercruiser package that is now does'nt help with my value
I would think NEW drives would be more valuable to a buyer than having an "original Mercruiser package"......

My guess is you will get no responses. If someone has them after buying them for a fair price they will likely just use them until they fail. Nobody will want to get in the middle of a possible legal issue for a pair of used bravos especially if they simply bought them as used drives (not knowing the history).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.