Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Beware of Richys Custom Paint & Richy_Rich_Airbrush & Richy_Rich_RCP >

Beware of Richys Custom Paint & Richy_Rich_Airbrush & Richy_Rich_RCP

Notices

Beware of Richys Custom Paint & Richy_Rich_Airbrush & Richy_Rich_RCP

Old 01-25-2018, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 348 Likes on 121 Posts

Well as they say, "A picture says a thousand words!" There can be NO Justification for the chit work that these clowns did on your boat. Sorry Rob that you crossed paths with these clowns but rest assured that whatever temporary hell they put you through pales in comparison the hell that they are living every day. It is clear from your pictures (and from others that have come forward on FB) that this once renowned painter has flushed his professional reputation down the toilet.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts

watching it all unfold on FB was hard to see.

I personally LOVED his design but that is subjective. When it was "done" and he was posting pictures (best angles of course). I was like "holy sh*t, I am in love with this boat". To then see the pics you posted clearly of bad paint work, prep work, tape work, and more, it was just sad to see and I can not imagine how you felt.

The **** show that then followed after of him blaming you and then Bill all on a public forum showed his true character and how he works. It's sad to see someone with his talents not take a step back, own the mistake ,and try and move forward and learn. He only dug himself deeper IMO and you are right, KARMA will come.

You handled this the best you could have for such a crap situation, I hope the best comes out in the end and you get the boat you dreamed of. Frame that $500 as a keep sake and look forward to having that beauty back on the water soon.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Submit a bill for professional counseling services rendered, I think 22k is about right!
Old 01-25-2018, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I saw him and his wife in 2011 or 2012 doing touch ups under a covered area two docks over from the TNT boat house. Being surrounded by 100s' of millions in boats I thought they looked out of place.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

He posted this last night on FB: "We at RCP haven't taken in any large projects due to the fact that I've been going to 2 sport-boat companies and painting their boats on location to save them time and money so we haven't been available to schedule any new work. You can guess who the companies are that contacted me,.....Don't Worry, I'm subcontracting!!! LOL both are famous in the industry, you'll just have to wait and see what comes next!!!! If this keep up I'll have to close the shop to keep up, the boats are big and highly detailed".

Would be interesting to know who he's painting for??

Last edited by kilo; 01-25-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:25 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 400 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
I'd bet any amount of money that this all boils down to a bad drug habit.

No other way to explain shoddy work and money disappearing like that......

This really sucks but like others have said, your attitude is great, I wouldn't have handled it even half as well as you did...........
BINGO we have a winner. I know nothing of this company, but this sounds like a very good possibility.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kilo
He posted this last night on FB: "We at RCP haven't taken in any large projects due to the fact that I've been going to 2 sport-boat companies and painting their boats on location to save them time and money so we haven't been available to schedule any new work. You can guess who the companies are that contacted me,.....Don't Worry, I'm subcontracting!!! LOL both are famous in the industry, you'll just have to wait and see what comes next!!!! If this keep up I'll have to close the shop to keep up, the boats are big and highly detailed".

Would be interesting to know who he's painting for??
If they boats are new and clean/ready for paint and stripped, he probably knows what he is doing. He just can't stand alone.

There will always be the last guy to be taken. This is the kind of mess that has removed big players from this hobby for years. They get tired of being taken advantage of.

Good luck and sorry for your troubles!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

Richy's obviously is a corrupt and criminal business operation. I may as well be the person to ask. Why didn't you fly down and see for yourself when your boat got in storage and you received mixed messages regarding others customer problems ? The reason I'm asking is I've been in similar situations but for significantly less money and regretted my inability to figure out I was being screwed until late in the game.

Last edited by Interceptor; 01-25-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Richy's obviously is a corrupt and criminal business operation. I may as well be the person to ask. Why didn't you fly down and see for yourself when your boat got in storage and you received mixed messages regarding others customer problems ? The reason I'm asking is I've been in similar situations but for significantly less money and regretted my inability to figure out I was being screwed until late in the game.
4 of the 5 were getting screwed up the same time as mine, I didn't know about the other one in tx until after... at the time I had a business in vegas and one here in md, sold the one in vegas about the time this was going down so my time to get away is nil. after seeing all his other work and pics on the net, it looked good, i had no reason at that point to question it... if you look up a couple posts I think people have narrowed down the reason and another said it on fb last night about an mti, also on projects that big, most people dont look at tape lines on gimbles and such like I do. Im in the high end auto industry and paint protection, I live and look at paint every day.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know anyone involved in this **** show but it was clear from what he was saying on face book that guy is phucking looney. Maybe he’s inhaled to many paint fumes, mayber hes a tweaker. Either way i wouldnt let that guy near my boat.

How frustrating that must have been.

Hope 2018 is the best summer yet for you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.