Notices

CP Performance

Old 08-07-2021, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

To be quite honest, I don't think there is any product, or at least very few, that I order that doesn't have to be modified in some way to make work. I just ordered and received an Isotta steering wheel from CCPerformance. I had no issues with the order, shipping or condition of the product. In fact, I have never had an issue when ordering from CCPerformance. Not trying to be a poster child for them, but just stating facts. I deal with Rick there and he has always been more than helpful to me. Like others though, there are several other places that I have had issues with and don't do business with anymore.

With that said, I did have issues with mating the new wheel to the helm post, which by the way, was in no way an issue with CCPerformance. To make it work with the new IMCO helm post I had to drill the mounting holes on the wheel and then had to grind down the heads of the cap screws to fit the counterbore. Not difficult, but a PITA that you shouldn't have to do with a new expensive wheel. Same thing happened with a SS thermostat housing two years ago (was not bought through CCPerformance). Nothing ever seems to fit without mods.
The following users liked this post:
articfriends (09-21-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

We here at CP performance have run across this thread and wanted to shed some light on things. Yes CP and Hardin are cousins or sorts. We are owned by the same parent company that owns a number of brands in the marine industry. This is because we're committed to the marine industry. We don't have a sideline or Automotive arm were all in for the boating enthusiast. In that aspect, if we were not we would not be able to cross fulfil orders and expedite shipping from multiple locations in the USA as we do.

Yes, one facility is in California and one is in Florida as well as additional manufacturing in the Midwest allowing us the best crossover possible for shipping etc... Now to the nuts and bolts of this situation. Of course EVERYONE can use the excuse of covid, and yes it has taken a toll on our industry majorly between staff, logistics, material cost, shipping times and shipping COST... to this particular matter in the OP, I did take the time to track back as customer service is all we have in this industry these days.

The order appears to have been shipped back to our old location which we haven't been at for over three years. The package was then forwarded to our new location for which USPS demanded payment on delivery. Our shipping department did not have the means to pay for the delivery, nor could we make the USPS driver wait around until we had time to figure it out so unfortunately in this situation we had to refuse the package which caused the unfortunate series of events. Were not here to blame or make excuses we just have too large a volume of packages making its way through the building to track one off without a fear of them being displaced .For any or all of our faults we are regretful and apologize. We're regular people that have a huge passion for boating and were doing our very best everyday to make and improve everyone's experience with us. We are all only human and will always do our best to try to right the situations we are in control of. To all that support these companies we are grateful as it's been a very weary past couple of years trying to adapt to all of the staffing challenges this unprecedented time has brought. We're very grateful for all of you. You have our word, we're doing the best we can.
The following 10 users liked this post by CPPerformance:
87MirageIntruder (11-19-2021), AmiableDave (11-18-2021), Cms51 (11-18-2021), Gimme Fuel (11-19-2021), Griff (11-19-2021), Indy (11-28-2021), OFFSHOREJOJO (11-18-2021), Smoke eater (11-18-2021), tmmii (11-18-2021), TomR (12-01-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have had plenty of dealings with both companies prior to even realizing their connections. After meeting the staff at multiple events and realizing how they do their manufacturing/shipping etc. it makes perfect sense for them to be able to maximize their coverage. Never had an issue and always had the proper support after the purchase if needed. Coming from a sales, manufacturing and shipping business background myself I Can completely see and sympathize with the struggles at hand. Nothing but positive remarks on my end for both businesses keep up the good work!!
OFFSHOREJOJO (12-16-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by CPPerformance
We here at CP performance have run across this thread and wanted to shed some light on things. Yes CP and Hardin are cousins or sorts. We are owned by the same parent company that owns a number of brands in the marine industry. This is because we're committed to the marine industry. We don't have a sideline or Automotive arm were all in for the boating enthusiast. In that aspect, if we were not we would not be able to cross fulfil orders and expedite shipping from multiple locations in the USA as we do.

Yes, one facility is in California and one is in Florida as well as additional manufacturing in the Midwest allowing us the best crossover possible for shipping etc... Now to the nuts and bolts of this situation. Of course EVERYONE can use the excuse of covid, and yes it has taken a toll on our industry majorly between staff, logistics, material cost, shipping times and shipping COST... to this particular matter in the OP, I did take the time to track back as customer service is all we have in this industry these days.

The order appears to have been shipped back to our old location which we haven't been at for over three years. The package was then forwarded to our new location for which USPS demanded payment on delivery. Our shipping department did not have the means to pay for the delivery, nor could we make the USPS driver wait around until we had time to figure it out so unfortunately in this situation we had to refuse the package which caused the unfortunate series of events. Were not here to blame or make excuses we just have too large a volume of packages making its way through the building to track one off without a fear of them being displaced .For any or all of our faults we are regretful and apologize. We're regular people that have a huge passion for boating and were doing our very best everyday to make and improve everyone's experience with us. We are all only human and will always do our best to try to right the situations we are in control of. To all that support these companies we are grateful as it's been a very weary past couple of years trying to adapt to all of the staffing challenges this unprecedented time has brought. We're very grateful for all of you. You have our word, we're doing the best we can.

Allow me to fix your problem.

If a customer calls for a return/RMA, your reply should be to send them a PDF or such with proper information and prepaid shipping through the carrier of your choice. The customer then prints the RMA which is then used as the shipping label. Taped to box with clear tape. Once the return is received and processed, any shipping charges owed by the customer for the return are deducted from the refund and the refund is issued.

No arguing or confusion on addresses, carrier, freight payment, tracking and insurance are handled etc.

Your problem is solved,
My consulting fee is $75.00 an hour billed in one hour increments.
Please consider this one time consultation and impartation of common business sense, a complimentary gift of the Christmas season.

Last edited by phragle; 11-29-2021 at 12:17 AM.
The following 8 users liked this post by phragle:
30outlaw (12-29-2021), Griff (11-29-2021), Helmwurst (11-28-2021), ICDEDPPL (12-02-2021), lightning jet (01-11-2023), offshoredrillin (12-01-2021), sunset bar (11-28-2021), ThisIsLivin (12-02-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

Buddy ordered 3 sets of cams, lifters, springs etc. after a month and half of waiting with no delivery date available decided to cancel the order. Had to call at least 5 times to check status of the refund. They held his money for over 2 months in total before he finally got a refund. Must be nice getting no interest loans from customers that you pay back when you feel like it.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

I ordered a couple of parts from Hardin worth about couple hundred bucks. I think they accidentally sent me those parts but instead of 2 more like 50 , probably a restocking order worth thousands.
I called and let them know because I`m nice but it seems they are not so nice sometimes .
Old 12-02-2021, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 872 Likes on 375 Posts

I just made a small order, under $30 total for a led push button switch and label. Got shipping confirmation within two days.
OFFSHOREJOJO (12-16-2021)
Old 12-14-2021, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 797 Likes on 376 Posts

I spoke to Scott price a few months ago and was shocked at the lack of professionalism.

I won’t repeat the words he used…but I’ll just say they were alarming even for this forum.

I’m not surprised by the many negative reviews
MASOMAN (12-16-2021)
Old 12-15-2021, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 331 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
I spoke to Scott price a few months ago and was shocked at the lack of professionalism.

I won’t repeat the words he used…but I’ll just say they were alarming even for this forum.

I’m not surprised by the many negative reviews
If that's the guy who was E mailing me, I agree.

Lost an exhaust system sale because of him. Prob future sales as well.
Old 12-16-2021, 05:05 AM
Registered

Received 136 Likes on 63 Posts

Never a problem bought many parts over the years from both!